Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #31  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hey everyone. I feel betta with the cough a bit but for soem reason I am DEAD tired. I'm skipping school today I think. I'm just so worn out. I would've left early yesterday had i not had a client.

blah.

b: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 whole wheat english muffin
l: 2 pita pizzas
s: banana
s: cherry flavored prunes
d: burger on arnolds sandwhich thin

Last edited by lottie63; 02-18-2009 at 10:22 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

lottie, if you've got what I've got, it's been a week and I've still got no energy. My brother said his lasted two weeks. It's annoying.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #33  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

OMG, I just heard the funniest thing.......my mil wants my recipe for salad. Seriously. Tossed salad. What makes this funny is my mil can cook anything from scratch w/ out using a recipe. Ok, I admit, I put lots of sprouts and use field greens--stuff like that in my salad, but again....it's SALAD. I totally have to contain myself before we call her and tell her (again) what's in it. (I am always asked to bring salad to family functions because I make it so good....at first I was insulted, thinking that everyone thought I couldn't cook, but honestly, it's the first thing to be eaten by everyone!!! Even before all the fried stuff!!!)
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thanks, chicks...for 'missing' me.

I am feeling a little better. I have two program today and one tomorrow. The school is going to help me bring my things in. It's hard to ask for help - but, I must.

Yesterday I had a sane food day...I am so grateful.

Today:

breakfast - eggs with ketchup, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch - peanut butter and honey sandwich, banana
snack - apple
dinner - Wendy's salad
snack - cereal, raisins, milk

I need to leave - I am sorry I don't have time to write. I'll try and catch up when I get home later.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #35  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast
apple and 20 almonds

snack
reduced fat wheat thins

Lunch
red bean & rice soup from Kroger

Snack
no clue

Supper
roasted green beans (Rockin Robins Recipe)
one boiled potato(cause of carbs)
1 cup cottage cheese

Snack
no clue

Todays supper has to be better, last night was gross. I had lentil soup from Kroger and roasted brussel sprouts which were not fresh and turned out yucky. Even though the dumb scale hates me, Im not quitting! It will not break me.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #36  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Nicole: Great strategy for beating the Chocolate Monster! If you cant get it in your hands, it can't end up on your thighs! Good work!
Schmoodle: OMG! girl scout cookies are living in your house? I don't think I have built up enough resistance yet to handle that. Glad you are feeling better, though.
Knobhdy: More talk about chocolate --- gosh, but that sounds good! You seem to have a great plan for handling it --- good work!
RedFlame: Your class sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the information on portion sizes --- now we have no excuse for "measuring" (or at least eyeballing) portions when we are eating out, etc.
Rhonda: Hey, lady, get better soon! It's cool that you are looking for a silver lining to the cloud formerly known as flu, but we need you healthy!
Lottie: Yeah this stupid flu thing seems to hang on and hang on and hang on. Keep resting and get better soon!
MJ5: Good for you on the elliptical! (But I do have to say that if you have your butt on the little foot pedal places, you are doing it all wrong! Although it must make for a heck of a workout! ) And you must make a mean salad!
Bev: Glad you are feeling a little better. You are doing what has to be done, so just hang in there. Come and kvetch to us later if you need to, k?
Mug: Sorry about your dinner last night! It's bad enough to be semi-limited food and food selection --- then to have part of it turn out to be nasty just sucks. Your mission for the day is to find something OP and GREAT for dinner tonight.

I didn't post yesterday, but was OP with food and water. I did my hour on the treadmill, but I was dragging my behind the whole time. I don't really know what the problem is --- just didn't seem to have any energy. Today:

B: grapefruit, oatmeal, V8
S: yogurt with almonds
L: subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki 6" (eating with hubby near his work)
S: popcorn? apple? nothing?
D: some kind of stir fry, I think, although nothing is definite

I am also going up and down with the same 2 pounds for the last few days. I am being super-vigilant about what I am eating, especially portion sizes since that is something new to me. (That information you posted was very nicely timed, RedFLame). I hope those of you still sick can rest and recuperate and that everyone have some fun today: listen to some up music or blow some bubbles or watch a TV show you like, anything that gives you a lift.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I forgot to post my dinners for this week.

Tonight we are having

Sole with basmati rice and peas.

Friday night I'm making

Chicken pot pie w/ salad

Saturday night I'm making

Chicken roast (no skin for me)
Sweet potatoes
Broccoli

Sunday night I'm making
Pork chops
Rice (Salad for me)
Carrots
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Last night I made turkey burgers and I added chopped mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers and mashed white beans. Added some egg and they still would not hold together! Once I turned them they would crack open.

But we ate them anyway, had them on open faced buns with turkey bacon and a little cheese, the flavor was fantastic!

Today;
B coffee
L dunno
D dunno

Wow, I suck at planning today! Recipe for disaster
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #39  
mj5

Hi everyone! I found out at the last minute that I had to go to a meeting out of town today. It was soooooo boring! I was happy to see that there was water and lots of yummy fruit in addition to the usual cookies, donuts, etc. I think the person who organized it and I were the only ones who at the fruit! LOL! I thanked her for making sure there was something healthy there. She really appreciated that. I told her I always do the same thing for meetings I organize, too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much done today at work, but tomorrow is another day!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #40  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

mj that is awesome

I am bucking up and going to school today. *sigh* My cough is sort of changing, now it's violent, less painful but more 'gaggy' augh.

b: grilled cheese
s: sf ff pudding with ultra skim milk
l: veal pattie on arnolds sandwhich thins
s: lean pocket
d: dunno yet.

I need to go grocerys hopping, we are all out of everything 'good' and have allthe quick stuff left. augh.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 AM   #41  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi guys!

Apparently my post didn't post last night - how bizarre! I definitely wrote a post, but it's not here. Oh well - some things are not for me to understand!

It's absolutely bucketing down here at the moment. We're being hit by the remnants of Tropical Cyclone something. While we're too far south to be seriously affected by cyclones, the rain and wind can cause a bit of damage. It's supposed to be like this all weekend, so I don't see me going too far. I've got the TV on and they're showing a rugby game in Wellington and it's horrible there as well...

Anyway, I made it to the gym and had a workout with soon to be old trainer. She's really working me hard at the moment and we're hoping to check my measurements next week, which wlll be our last session together. It's going to be interesting to see how much they've changed - I know they've changed because my work uniform, which is fitted, is actually fitting me better now. I'm also eyeing up a pair of size 20 jeans in my drawers and thinking I may just try them on tomorrow and see how they fit on me.

Beverly, I was thinking that I hadn't seen you post and how unlike you that was. I hope you're feeling much better - sending lots of get well vibes your way!

MJ, go you with the elliptical. And how awesome that you got fruit at your meeting. I wish we would do something similar.

Schmoodle, I'm pleased you're feeling better!

Knobhdy tough place to be with the SigO, but you're right - he's got to be the one to make the decision.

Redflame, that's interesting about the portion sizes. Thank you for sharing that - I've just realised that my portion sizes are creeping up a bit, so it's quite timely for me!

Rhonda, sending lots of get well vibes your way!

Lottie, another one that I'm sending get well vibes to!

Numina, sounds like you're where I am. I'm pretty much maintaining at the moment and really I need to look closely at my portion sizes again - they are definitely creeping up.

Donna, that sole sounds fantastic!

Mug, I read your other thread, and looking at your menu, are you sure you're getting enough calories. That doesn't sound like much food to me...

Right todays menu was:

B - toast with cheese and vegemite

S - yoghurt

S - muesli bar

L - ham and salad roll

S - blueberries

D - schnitzell, kumera fries, mixed vegies.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #42  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

ok, last nights supper was reconsidered, so I had this:

a huge plate of scrambled three eggs & one egg white, with green peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

3 pieces low carb bread with laughing cow cheese on it

3 yogurts

So I think I got up to my calorie limit last night, give or take about 100 calories.

So for today it is:

Breakfast
egg and cheese muffin
1 yogurt

Snack
10 almonds

Lunch
bowl of red bean & rice soup
yogurt

Snack
10 almonds

Supper
dont know but will be thinking today what to pick up from the store.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #43  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am finished w/ what I HAVE to accomplish today, now it's on to cleaning/packing my office. We are supposed to move soon, so no more putting it off!

I have been really frustrated w/ the scale, so I have been really thinking about what I have been doing different. I honestly think I have been eating too much for breakfast and then snacking too much throughout the morning. I bring a variety of healthy snacks from home b/c I never know what I will be in the mood for and that stops me from going to the store, BUT I think I have just been eating too many of them. So, starting today I only brought what I would eat today. I also have some different flavors of sugar free gum. Luckily the vending machine is not a temptation and it is way to cool to bother going to the store, so I should be fine today! LOL!!! I am hoping that this will help me bust through this plateau I have seemed to hit.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!!!

I am going to the gym right after work. Plan for today is legs/back and cardio.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Oh dear....DH came home today and his job was terminated. I am not all that totally surprised - with the economy the way it is.He worked in the same industry for 32 years. Now we need to figure it out. DH and I are team - for 31 years - so we'll take it a day at a time and try to figure out our best next thing to do.

I decided that food won't make it better.

I'll be back later.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #45  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--I am so sorry! You are right on all accounts. You and dh are a team and you will figure it out AND food won't make it any better.

I had to cut my workout short tonight. I did the cardio portion and my knee was seriously hurting. Not the "usual" 'oh, my knee hurts', but sharp shooting pains every time I took a step. It was time to leave and go home at that point! LOL!!! Since resting and the ice pack didn't cut it, I am afraid I may have to resort to pain meds. I am going to give it a little longer. STUPID knee! Still no word on the surgery approval. Even more stupid workers comp!

I am going to change ice packs and rest for a while.