Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Post Has Anyone Read

Has anyone read the Confessions of a Shopaholic series? I've read the first 3 in the last 2 days and I can honestly say that I identify with Rebecca Bloomwood almost 100%. The only factor that she's a shopaholic and I'm...well, a foodaholic .
While reading the books, I had to stop and laugh and comment on how ridiculous this character is...getting deeper and deeper in debt and using excuses like..."well, I'll start the cut back tommorrow." or "I really don't need this, but it looks so nice!". And then once I finished reading and started thinking I realized that that's exactly what I do!!
I never realized how absolutely crazy all these excuses sounded until I read a book. Jeez.
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/155

Height: 5'5

I'm reading them now... almost finished with the 5th one.

She totally cracks me up. She is always so dedicated to changing her ways and then something always comes up and she can totally justify spending money.

She is definitely me with food... although I'm working hard to overcome that. I am the queen of justifying my actions when I go off plan (or I should say I used to be!).

It will be fun to see the movie.
claire fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I really liked the series at the beginning but began to get really irritated with her near the end. Haven't read the shopaholic and baby; her and a baby would just annoy me to no end.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

She definitely cracks me up. I still can't believe how crazy her justifications sound...and the worst is that I can identify with most of them...gah!!
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I read 2 I think and I got irritated with her as well. Can't remember exactly why though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote