Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #16  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Hi Michelle,

So sorry to hear about your job loss. I'm in Michigan and half of my friends and family are laid off. It's been tough but they are making it and so will you. I'm glad you came here to look for support for your binge.

Don't beat yourself up and keep moving forward. Remember YOU are worth it!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Michelle, you've been doing so good--but you know, LIFE HAPPENS, and even though you are feeling bad, losing your job doesn't give you a free pass.

Please, put the brakes on while there is still time! Now more than ever you need to stick to taking care of yourself. There is no end to that other path, it just slides right on down to oblivion...

Look back at your healthy eating, wouldn't you rather be helping yourself that way than making things worse?

Hang in there, Michelle!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

so sorry hon!! As others said, everything happens for a reason. You caught yourself, steer the wheel back around in the right direction.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

SWEET! Fantastic news that that door has been closed now, and you have time and energy to spend on finding that next open door!

Allow--and forgive yourself--for a couple days of grieving process---usually starts with anger and fear and then goes into sadness. Key--forgive yourself, for losing the job, for binging...........all of it. It is over now, and new day is here.

Have you gone online to apply for your unemployment? Get that started right away......you can also go into your local office. While you are there, look for thier job postings. Dust off your bestest interview outfit and be prepared. You can tackle this, one day at a time! And you will succeed!
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #20  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflame View Post
SWEET! Fantastic news that that door has been closed now, and you have time and energy to spend on finding that next open door!

Allow--and forgive yourself--for a couple days of grieving process---usually starts with anger and fear and then goes into sadness. Key--forgive yourself, for losing the job, for binging...........all of it. It is over now, and new day is here.

Have you gone online to apply for your unemployment? Get that started right away......you can also go into your local office. While you are there, look for thier job postings. Dust off your bestest interview outfit and be prepared. You can tackle this, one day at a time! And you will succeed!
Brilliant post!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

That sucks, sorry to hear about the loss of job. Don't be down on yourself for the binge, losing a job is a major life change. Think of this as an opportunity to find a better job and try to take care of yourself.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #22  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am sorry that you lost your paycheck... but not sorry that you lost that horrible awful job that DID NOT appreciate you and the very wonderful person that you are.

That said...

You had a binge. Big deal. Move on!!! You will see a blip on the scale and that's it. You NEED food sanity right now. You need it. So make your plans and stick with them. Find a new job where you are wanted and appreciated and keep losing that weight.

Come here and ***** at us. We'll hold you up babe.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #23  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Smile Update: After posting here earlier, I.....

decided to get right back OP with the food. I ate a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a very small piece of lasagna for lunch, an orange and granola bar for snack and am making Sloppy Joes for dinner that I plan to add 2x times the onions and celery to the mix to up the veggies and lower the amount of meat on the sandwich. I also use 98% ff hamburger.

I went to my friends house today to get her help with my resume. We decided to scrap the whole thing and write a new one. Good thing she is good at that kind of stuff. I found about 20 jobs to apply for online, filed for unemployment and got my interview suit ready. I called my son's school to offer to tutor or volunteer or help out and have planned to join my son's class for lunch tomorrow. It will motivate me to get up and shower, dress, do my hair and put on makeup rather than staying sloppy like I did today. I showered but put on sweats and had my hair in a pony with -0- makeup on when I went to my friends house. Very unlike me! I usually try to look my best.

Thanks for the advice and support to all of you. Redflame, your post really summed up how I felt today. I am glad it happened, finally. I really took it personally and feel badly that it happened but was living in fear of having the other shoe drop. I hated living with the write up in the back of my mind, being afraid to make the tiniest mistake really kept me from being fully present and doing my job well. It's done and now I can look for the next open window!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #24  
started 1/28/08

Sorry to hear about the lost job - the economy is so terrible now, you're in good company!

Glad you caught yourself after only a couple of days.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #25  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Sounds like you are right back on track! I'm glad you're going to spend time with your son's class - hopefully that will be fun for everyone involved!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #26  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! It's great you are keeping busy- and now you have even more time for the gym YAY!

(Okay well maybe a small yay lol)
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #27  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I'm sorry you lost your job, but look at as a new beginning, or a new chapter in your life. If they didn't appreciate you and the workk you did, you are better off going elsewhere! You deserve more respect than that!

Binge is something I do too, and it's OK! It's a minor hiccup in a life long journey of being healthier. It's going to happen. What is important is that you go forward from there and eat healthy tomorrow.

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #28  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

I'm sorry Michelle. That really sucks. No one likes to feel rejected.

But, one question....were you happy at that job? Was this a blessing in disguise? You now get the opportunity to go down another path. Lucky you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 297/289/180

Height: 5'8"

I am sorry to hear about the job loss, I was laid off back in May and still have not found work. Times are tough but one thing it has made me realize is that I always define who I am by what my work is. Don't let your job define who you are as a person. This has been a growing experience for me, thank goodness my boyfriend is a firefighter so he has steady work and a steady income and he can support us both. I have actually decided to use this as an opportunity rather then a negative. I am enrolling back in school and going to get my degree so I can get a real job doing something I will enjoy rather then just finding the next dead end. Keep your head up, everything happens for a reason (I truly believe that). And don't beat yourself up over a couple bad days, it happens to everyone, I think the true measure is how quickly you are able to catch it and turn it around. Hang in there
folwthewhtrbt702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

i know all these ladies have already given such great advice. you have a bad, ya take a look around, see how you feel, and something something something... lol im sorry i forget the song. But you WILL find another job, and you will get right back on track! you can do it!!
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote