Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 280/264/160

Height: 5 foot 8

I want to be one of those people too, I know I'm putting that stuff in my body isn't good for I just need to learn to say no. I used to be a Mountain Dew holic but stopped drinking it but tried to drink it again and it was nasty. I guess I'll take it in baby steps eliminate one food at a time and not all at once.
Lucky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #47  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

woohoo! managed the mantra today too. out for lunch with a new colleague. only things on the lunchtime menu were baguettes - nope, had toast for breakfast so don't want more bread; gammon - nope, too processed; fish and chips - nope, too deep-fried; beefburger and fries - nope, too fatty. Had a jacket potato (no butter) with a small amount of mozzarella and a tiny salad. (Would have preferred huge salad but British salad garnishes are really tiny!).
Too be honest, the meal wasn't that great, tho the company was good - but boy, the taste of eating healthily was swe-e-e-t! I guess it was jacket potato with a side of Smug....
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #48  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
woohoo! managed the mantra today too. out for lunch with a new colleague. only things on the lunchtime menu were baguettes - nope, had toast for breakfast so don't want more bread; gammon - nope, too processed; fish and chips - nope, too deep-fried; beefburger and fries - nope, too fatty. Had a jacket potato (no butter) with a small amount of mozzarella and a tiny salad. (Would have preferred huge salad but British salad garnishes are really tiny!).
Too be honest, the meal wasn't that great, tho the company was good - but boy, the taste of eating healthily was swe-e-e-t! I guess it was jacket potato with a side of Smug....
I wish you could see the huge smile on my face right now!!!! So proud of you & so happy for you.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Can I just interrupt and say that calling baked potatoes "jacket potatoes" is about the cutest thing ever. Yes, the skin is the jacket and it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say - but we just say baked potato in the US. So I picture a little spud all dressed up in a coat & tie. It's just so cute!

Last edited by Glory87; 02-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #50  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Ive convinced my family that their junk food MUST be put up in the bottom cabinet in the kitchen. That is their cabinet, not anything in there for me. I dont have to see all those temptations unless I open it. Now if I can just stop opening the darn thing! Ugh!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #51  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I like that "side of Smug". Sometimes a little food snobism is all that gets me through. As in "Those are cheap chocolates--I only eat the good stuff".
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #52  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
Ive convinced my family that their junk food MUST be put up in the bottom cabinet in the kitchen. That is their cabinet, not anything in there for me. I dont have to see all those temptations unless I open it. Now if I can just stop opening the darn thing! Ugh!
Mug, that's right - it's "THEIR" food. NOT yours. It's "THEIR" food. NOT yours. It's not intended for you. It's not meant for you. It doesn't BELONG to you. YOU CAN NOT TOUCH IT!!! NO MATTER WHAT. Remember, your very life depends on it.

Hang tight, you can do this and it will get easier. Like your siggy says, "It's happening - but there can be NO stopping". And it's happening, because YOU'RE making it happen. Like Meg says, "I've come too far to be ruled by a cookie!"

Last edited by rockinrobin; 02-09-2009 at 12:16 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #53  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Thanks RockinRobin, I love hearing from you. You're such an inspiration ya know!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Arrow

For me it has been a lot about developing habits and limits. I was in the habit of just eating for entertainment before. Now I have my food budget. I only have so many calories to spend each day so I better make them count. Same thing Robin said I guess. Once I broke the habit of eating for fun/just sticking something in my mouth without thinking, it was much easier. Some foods are easier to do without, like burgers and fries and heavy stuff. I really don't like that over-full bloated feeling anymore. The things I have a hard time with are sweets and baked goods. Those are my slippery slope. I have such a hard time just having a little. I try to just have a bite, but more just seems to end up in my mouth once I get started. I'm trying to make those things the things I don't eat. Or like Glory said, I just eat them when I'm out so the quantity is controlled. I think I need a new job, working in a bakery makes it soooooo hard! I've tried gum, and I just make my jaw sore from frantic chewing. Even though I'm not perfect with it when I'm at work, I still have lost most of the weight, so perfect isn't always necessary. I'm always afraid of slipping back into old habits though. That would be a huge cake scrap covered in filling and frosting. Now I have a pinch here and there and try really hard to keep it at a pinch! I keep chanting ... I h8tcake. I h8cake, I h8cake!!!!

Last edited by H8cake; 02-09-2009 at 12:49 PM.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #55  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I wish you could see the huge smile on my face right now!!!! So proud of you & so happy for you.

Thankyou! That's so nice to hear!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #56  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Can I just interrupt and say that calling baked potatoes "jacket potatoes" is about the cutest thing ever. Yes, the skin is the jacket and it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say - but we just say baked potato in the US. So I picture a little spud all dressed up in a coat & tie. It's just so cute!
hee hee hee hee hee!

I never thought of that! I'll never look at them the same way again!

And hey you! Wow! You have done so well and lost so much! Jolly good show! (No, we don't really say that)
You're an inspiration -we Do say that.