The Daily Plate

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just discovered this fabulous website!

Does anyone here have a paid membership? I'm just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade, or keep it as the free version!

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum! You guys rock!
  • I just went onto Daily Plate today, I have used Sparkpeople for a long time, and I really like it. SO far I am not that impressed with Daily plate, but I will try it out for at least a week (we always like what we are familiar with!)
  • True that!

I tried SparkPeople and didn't like it! We'll see how The Daily Plate works! Thanks!
  • I use fitday.com but I hear alot of people use The Daily Plate and like it.
  • I use TDP. Anyone interested can add me as a friend. My name is the same there as it is here. BornToFly
  • I'm a paid member and it's totally worth it!!!! As someone else said 30$ on tdp is better than 30$ on junk food.
  • Quote: I'm a paid member and it's totally worth it!!!! As someone else said 30$ on tdp is better than 30$ on junk food.
    Lottie,

What do you get extra on the paid plan?
  • I use TDP and love it. I don't pay for anything extra and so far it does everything I'm looking for.
  • Quote: Lottie,

What do you get extra on the paid plan?
    You get a ticker, a custom nutrition label (which is worth it just for that!) it REALLY keeps me on track as far as how healthy I'm eating since it tracks everything, esp sodium, I"m not sure if you know this or not but those percentages at the bottom of the screen that tell you your percentages for stuff, they are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so if that is not what you're eating, it's really not doing you any good. but with the custom nutrition label it tells you all the stuff based on YOUR calorie goals.

Also, there is the 'week at a glance' where you can see a menu of everything you've eaten in the last week, and you can just drag and drop it form the menu over on to the "I ate ___ today" menu instead of searching for everythign little thing.

It also tracks all of your daily plates FOR EV AR. it stores them all. the free version does not do that. You can also track all your measurements along with weight. (I have lost 6 inches off my waist since september!)

Some other stuff too prolly, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. but the custom nutrition label, totally work 30$ for six months. That is like, nothing, for all that you get.
  • Paid TDP sounds a lot like Spark People. Is it different?
  • I'm a paid member of TDP too, Lottie about covered the perks.

Spark People is a little different, more gimmicky in my opinion - as in fun gimmicks. It looked like there were more bells and whistles with points and kudos, so if you enjoy that sort of thing, find it motivating, it may be a good choice.

I would have enjoyed it when I was first starting out, but was using Fitday at the time. When I discovered TDP and it's ease of use compared to Fitday I was overjoyed and stuck with it.
  • I use Sparkpeople. I use to use FD. Now I'm heading over to TDP to see if I like that one better.
  • I don't now have never used sparkpeople.
  • Curious, Do you have to have a pd acct to add friends?
  • Quote: Curious, Do you have to have a pd acct to add friends?
    Nope