Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Gotta get serious again!

I weighed in today at WW and am still 241.6. I've gained and lost the same 3 lbs since mid December. I am not surprised...I've not been tracking faithfully and what I've been doing basically amounts to maintenance. There was Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl....biggish over eating days and then the days when I mentally keep track of what I eat but not write it down. Life has gotten stressful recently too with work related matters which hasn't helped.

I want to lose weight but can't seem to be bothered with being faithful to my WW plan. I've kind of reached a mental plateau. Grrrr....anyone have any great words of advice for me? I'm frustrated with myself.

Last edited by Michelle98272; 02-03-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I've been there.

Do you want to come back here 40 pounds gained(not that you've lost 40 but still)? My first mistake was not tracking. I have an entire 3 month WW journal where MOST pages are empty. I feel sickened that pants that felt comfortable on me are way too tight and I've reverted to wearing some of the old fat pants just because they are loose and comfortable. Do you want to lose all the self esteem you have gained with every pound lost? How close are you to your 5% or 10% goals? I realized this month that I was 2 FLIPPIN POUNDS away from my next 10% goal as I reviewed my journals before I quit.

Are you bored with your food? That was another thing that made me want to quit trying. I know using the WW online recipes have helped me so much so far.

Key here is: TRACK YOUR POINTS! The end
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/275/175

Height: 5'7"

I am having the same dillema...I think I just need to come to the conclusion that until I get this battle under control I am going to have to sacrifice the big eating days and change my habits...I started last night when we went out to eat for my baby's birthday instead of having Alfredo at Olive Garden I had spaghetti...so that was a step in the right direction...I really do think it takes all of the ingredients to make this work so my goal right now is just to focus on the ingredients (eating right, journaling, exercising, working out) and not the number on the scale...I am hoping I can get on the right track!
madys momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #4  

Height: 5ft6'

I think that when I decided to do it for real I had to make it always in the front of my mind. Before I would kinda keep an eye on my eating and kinda try to work out. But kinda wont do it. You have to be ever dilagent that you don't get too comfey in not doing it. Try to go at least 21 days totaly strictly on plan. They say 21 days of anything makes it a habbit. To keep motivated search for before and after stories in the forums, research things you dlike to do when you reach goal (like mountain climbing or belly dancing) whatever gets you motivated.

Sometimes it takes a little bit of being extra serious about it to get over a mental rut. Hope that helps my dear.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

words of advice... hmmm...

you need to picture how much HEALTHIER you are feeling when you are actively trying to lose weight. How much purpose you have knowing that you are doing your health and YOURSELF so much good. The high that you get when your clothes fit better, you can walk farther, someone says "have you been losing weight? You look great!"

and then if that fails? Come back and I'll kick your butt into shape I started at close to 400 pounds girl. Think of the mountain that I had and still have ahead of me to climb. Climb that mountain WITH ME! And we can stand at the top and scream WE DID IT!!!!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #6  

Default I might be bored with my food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I've been there.

Do you want to come back here 40 pounds gained(not that you've lost 40 but still)? My first mistake was not tracking. I have an entire 3 month WW journal where MOST pages are empty. I feel sickened that pants that felt comfortable on me are way too tight and I've reverted to wearing some of the old fat pants just because they are loose and comfortable. Do you want to lose all the self esteem you have gained with every pound lost? How close are you to your 5% or 10% goals? I realized this month that I was 2 FLIPPIN POUNDS away from my next 10% goal as I reviewed my journals before I quit.

Are you bored with your food? That was another thing that made me want to quit trying. I know using the WW online recipes have helped me so much so far.

Key here is: TRACK YOUR POINTS! The end
Come to think of it, I could shop for my groceries in my sleep. I buy the same 20 things (that I consider my OP foods) at the store every week. I pretty much rotate these foods to create meals for myself/family.

Whole Wheat bagels
Pasta
Rice
Salad
Oranges
Bananas
Walnuts
Tomatoes
Skim Milk
Yogurt
Sf/ff vanilla pudding
100 calorie granola bars
Triscuits-Cracked Pepper YUM
String Cheese
Lean Cuisine meals
Diet Pepsi
Eggs
Lean Deli Sliced Ham
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Kidney Beans
Black Beans
Salsa
Crystal light
Chicken Breast
98% lean Ground Beef

I have some old WW cookbooks at home. I think I'll try changing things up a bit. Great tip.

And NO I don't want to gain back the 13 I have managed to lose! Thanks for the tough love.

Last edited by Michelle98272; 02-03-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
words of advice... hmmm...

you need to picture how much HEALTHIER you are feeling when you are actively trying to lose weight. How much purpose you have knowing that you are doing your health and YOURSELF so much good. The high that you get when your clothes fit better, you can walk farther, someone says "have you been losing weight? You look great!"

and then if that fails? Come back and I'll kick your butt into shape I started at close to 400 pounds girl. Think of the mountain that I had and still have ahead of me to climb. Climb that mountain WITH ME! And we can stand at the top and scream WE DID IT!!!!!!!
I already do feel better having lost 13 lbs with my size 22's falling off me, my knees hurt less, my belly flops over a little less, my face is no longer bloated and puffy, my triple chin has shrank into only a double chin, my size 40C bras no longer slice into my sides nor cut angry red half circles under my boobs from the underwires! You are right. I can only imagine how MUCH better I'll feel exponentially at 23, 33, 43, 53, --- 93, 100 lbs less! Tammy, you remain a great inspiration. I'm proud to call you my friend and look forward to standing on that mountain top with you, yelling WE DID IT!!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 02-03-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle98272 View Post
Come to think of it, I could shop for my groceries in my sleep. I buy the same 20 things (that I consider my OP foods) at the store every week. I pretty much rotate these foods to create meals for myself/family.

Whole Wheat bagels
Pasta
Rice
Salad
Oranges
Bananas
Walnuts
Tomatoes
Skim Milk
Yogurt
Sf/ff vanilla pudding
100 calorie granola bars
Triscuits-Cracked Pepper YUM
String Cheese
Lean Cuisine meals
Diet Pepsi
Eggs
Lean Deli Sliced Ham
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Kidney Beans
Black Beans
Salsa
Crystal light
Chicken Breast
98% lean Ground Beef

I have some old WW cookbooks at home. I think I'll try changing things up a bit. Great tip.

And NO I don't want to gain back the 13 I have managed to lose! Thanks for the tough love.
I'm the same way. Unless there are specific meals I'm planning, most of it stays the same. Have you ever tried flat bread or flat outs? I forgot what they were called but they are 1 WW point and large! Also, at my WW meeting today, Special K evidently has a new cracker that is delish. Also, Hungry Girl.com is awesome and WW approved.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote