bagged lunches...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • If you have kids: what do you pack in theirs?

and if it's for you? what do you pack?

If I'm packing a lunch for my kids (tomorrow's lunch for example)
    hot chicken noodle soup
    container of multigrain pretzels and unsalted peanuts
    container of snap peas and carrot sticks with ranch dip
    mandarin orange

If it's for me (not very often)
    hummus and wasa
    salad
    orange or banana

so what's your poison?
  • No kids here.

For me I pack fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), granola bars....and that's pretty much it. lol. It'll be different when I'm working.

When I'm working I'll pack pita sandwiches, Greek Yogurt (you guys got me addicted), a tiny handful of walnuts, spinach/chicken salad, fruit, granola bars, and a skinny cow treat if I have access to a freezer.
  • Today for lunch and snacks I packed:

Ham and low fat cheese sandwich on light wheat bread
    100 calorie pack of baked Cheetos for my junk allotment
    Big bag of carrots
    Grapes

I keep instant oatmeal at the office. I will have that mid-morning.
  • I take my lunch to work every weekend! A lot cheaper (and healthier) than the food court ( I work in the mall).

Here are some of my usuals:
    ** Sandwich (Turkey, FF cheese, spinach, wheat bread)
    ** Pitas (I love making a Chicken Caesar Pita using Tyson grilled chicken strips, the WW 1pt Pitas, spinach, and low-fat Caesar dressing)
    ** Wraps (An example: Spinach, Tyson grilled chicken strips, black beans, and salsa)
    **Some sort of fruit...usually an apple or some grapes
    ** Carrots and FF Ranch Dressing
    ** Curves Granola Bar
    ** Sugar Free Jello
    ** Pretzel Sticks and LC wedge

The list goes on and on, haha.
  • Today my daughter has:

Tuna salad
    Crackers (3 Whole wheat)
    Water bottle
    Strawberries
    A very beautiful but tiny Valentine cookie

Today my hubby has:

Leftover grilled chicken and cous cous
  • I pack my lunch and my husbands lunch.

Today husband got:

Almond butter sandwich (2 pieces of whole grain bread, smear of almond butter)
    Carrot sticks and hummus
    Edamame
    Entree - leftover chinese with brown rice
    Plain soy yogurt with frozen berries

Its a lot of food but he eats a bit and he doesn't always eat all his food. He also is at work for 10-11 hours.
  • Hey, do you have the nutritional info on the almond butter? I read recently it was better than PB. I would like to compare the two.
  • For my daughter :

Milk
    Tuna sandwich, but she also likes turkey, ham, chicken or jam.
    banana, apple or grapes
    granola bar
    yogurt
    cheese string
    fruit to go bar
  • I take lunch to class. (I'm in beauty school and take evening classes)

I have a snack at 7 on break: 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1 serv triscuits and 5 cherry prunes

I have a snack at 9: banana and 5 cherry prunes
  • Quote: Hey, do you have the nutritional info on the almond butter? I read recently it was better than PB. I would like to compare the two.
    Almond butter is considered better for you than peanut butter but calories are similar. I buy raw almond butter and here is the one we have at home:

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/n...prrfnbr=198786
  • I don't know about the health benefits but I recently had cashew butter and I absolutely love it. I'm not wild about the almond butter but I am eating it until it is gone. The taste is OK but I just don't really like the texture.

I pack DD's lunch every Friday for preschool.

Most of the time I melt cheese in a folded over wrap (I buy the La Tortilla Factory 12 grams of fiber kind) and then I cut it into wedges like pizza. With that she may have currants or oranges and a cup of milk. - she is almost 2 and comes home about half an hour after lunch. They also give the kids a snack mid-morning. I think it is usually goldfish.
  • I always try to bring my lunch (and breakfast) to work. I am in pretty early, so I have my breakfast when I get in.

Breakfast: either porridge or egg creations and a piece of fruit

Lunch: Big salad, and a tuna or chicken pita, fat free jello
  • I always take my breakfast and lunch to work... for me it is a case of anything goes - a lot of the time it is left overs. But, for a while, since someone decided to eat my fruit and cheese that I had set aside for my breakfast I was eating veggies and rice (the office thief did not like that - so it was safe) - added some soy sauce (small amount) and it was a good breakfast - the smell made a lot of people hungry.....LOL

What I find in my breakfast/lunch bag:
    Boiled Eggs (a couple of times a month)
    Whipped Yogurts
    Cheese sticks
    Pickles or Pepperocini's
    Tuna salad (made with either mustard or mayo - depends on the mood)
    hummus
    Salads
    Veggies/Fruits
    Progresso soups
    Steel cut oats
    Raspberry Sauce (kind of like applesauce)
    flat bread, pita or sandwhich thins - Heard about them here and LOVE them
    or whatever is left over from the night before.
  • If I'll be running around all day I'll pack a lunch for me and this kids instead of stopping for fast food.

For the kids:
    pb&j sandwiches (this is the only sandwich my 2 & 4 year old will try lol)
    assorted fruit...usually apples, grapes, oranges or bananas
    cheese sticks

For me:
    a wrap
    broccoli w/ ff dressing
    yogurt

That is what we had today but I can get creative too
  • My kids get a cereal bar and a yogurt tube for morning snack and a juice pack, apple sauce, thinsations chips a hoy and a cheese/ham/turkey/jam (likely whatever we have in the house at the time) sandwich. We are a peanut free school so it can be quite challenging to keep it from getting boring.

I'm a stay at home mom so I don't pack a lunch and since I'm on Nutrisystem right now I have my NS entree and a big salad plus a honkin' bottle of water.