Old 02-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #46  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I have no idea what I'm eating today!!!

I'm going grocery shopping wiht a diet buddy soon. We're going to eat lunch out, but since I have my daily plate app for my phone I feel confident I'll make a good choice.

Also, who else thinks grocery shopping when you are eating healthy is like buying new toys!?!?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 268 / 268 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!!

Yesterday went pretty well for me, stuck to my plan. I know that I'm doing well right now, it'll become challenging later when I start craving stuff lol!

Todays plan is:
Breakie: 1 piece of toast with PB and a banana
Snack: 1 Apple
Lunch: Tuna Salad and Peas on Toast
Snack: 100 calorie pack of cheese nips and yogurt
Dinner: Low sodium roast veggie and chicken soup
Snack: Celery with sour cream dip

Lottie: I love to go grocery shopping!
WatertonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #48  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everyone!

I love public holidays. My washing machine arrived around 11 this morning and is fantastic. I've still got several loads of washing left, but yay, I can wash again! And the housework is all done! I'm going to have a cruisy weekend, I think!

Another hot one here. I made it to the gym but didn't stay very long - it was just too stuffy in there so I just did 25 minutes and called it a day. Tomorrow's going to be lovely, but Sunday they're picking will get to around 35. I've got the fans on in every room - they're needed.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the gym early and meeting some friends for brunch. I am going to be good - they do a fantastic fresh fruit salad, and with all the wonderful fruit about at the moment, it sounds like a good choice.

Jen, hope you're feeling better soon and that this cold doesn't eventuate!

Rhonda, nothing wrong with 3 steps forward, 2 back. It's still progress!

Schmoodle, Waitangi Day is our national day, I guess would be the best description. The Treaty of Waitangi was signed between the Crown and the Tangata Whenua (Maori) in 1840. It's a little bit controversial because it wasn't translated correctly into Maori and also because not all Maori tribes signed it. It's quite a political hot potato - there's an article on Wikipedia if you want an overview. You enjoy your few days break!

Numina, sending you the good cooking vibes! I work out with the trainer for 30 minutes a week. I go to the gym 5 days a week for an hour at a time. We've mainly done weights when we're together and I'll do weights on another day during the week.

MJ, quiet weekends are sometimes fantastic, aren't they?

Lottie, agree with you about grocery shopping! It's fun!

Waterton, you're doing fantastic! Keep it up!

Todays menu was:

B - English muffin with vegemite

S - apple

L - chicken salad roll

S - greengage plum

D - chicken, rice, steamed asparagus, broccoli, peas.

I started typing this and then Mum rang, so apologies for any typos. I'm typing one handed while talking.

Have fun, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday was horrible - but, after posting my utter frustrations - I actually feel a bit better. I am so glad that everyday is a new beginning.

I am going to have lunch today with a long time friend that I only see a couple times a year. I am so excited to see her and catch up. I told her to pick a place with close parking (although I do have a handicapped placard). I can't wait to see her.

Today:
ice/heat
stretches and strengthening
meditation
lots of water
NO getting in the car to find frustration 'food'
put my fork down between each bite

breakfast - peanut butter toast, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - meeting a good friend. - something sensible
snack - applesauce and cheese
dinner. - chicken veggie soup, garlic toast
snack - honey toast, apple

Nicolen - hope you enjoyed your holiday. I looked it up on google. I understand how some of your native people think it's contraversial. I have Native American friends that don't celebrate Thanksgiving as a happy holiday for themselves. They see it as a day that symbolizes their way of life changed forever. Hooray for the new washing machine.

Jen - It's wonderful about your good lab numbers. It's nice when doctors appreciate your efforts.

MJ - I am looking forward to the weekend too. Hang in there, friend. Did you get your reports done?

Rhonda - I am so glad you'll have more time for working out.

Numina - I hope you are all feeling better today. It's hard when you are feeling sick.

Schmoodle - enjoy this break time!! Yay on losing two pounds!

waterton - so glad you're doing well. YAY.

lottie - although it's expensive these day - yes grocery shopping is fun.

Hi redflame - have a great day.
I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Make it the best day you can.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-06-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Everybody wearing their red today? I had to borrow a sweatshirt from DH because I don't wear red. Today will be busy. My govt customers know they probably won't be able to call or email me next week (it's actually illegal if we're not under contract), so I expect lots of tying up loose ends today. I need to take the cat to the vet this afternoon, and DD has Girl Scout Thinking Day this evening, then pizza at my mom's.

Glad you are feeling better today BeverlyJoy! You CAN do this!
nicolen, mmmm fruit, I can't wait until we get some good stuff around here. I just realized the other day how little fruit I've been eating lately. Frozen and dried, that's about it. Can't wait for the strawberries!
Sounds like a lovely weekend mj... What recipes are you trying? If they turn out well, be sure to share!
numina, fiber in my coffee, who knew?
Hope you have a fun outing lottie.
Great plan Waterton Girl. One day at a time, right?
Rhonda, glad things will be easing up for you soon.
Happy Friday chicks!

ETA: oops forgot my plan!
B: oatmeal with blueberries, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: chili with avocado
L: tofu stir fry
S: latte, cheese stick
D: African lentil peanut stew, spinach
S: NSA pudding cup

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-06-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #51  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

MJ5: I am with you there --- bring on the weekend! Sometimes the best days are so good simply because they just happen. Have fun!

Lottie: I do try a lot more stuff, both products and recipes, when I am trying to eat healthier. Still, I don’t think I have as much fun shopping as you do --- are you by any chance shopping with your SO? (wink wink)

WatertonGirl: You are really doing well! And the theory is that at some point, this eating healthy becomes a habit, so hopefully that will help with the cravings. It’s possible! LOL

Nicolen: Anything that makes doing laundry more a pleasure than a chore is all right in my book. And since you have the housework all whipped for the weekend, you will have to come up with some more “interesting” weekend plans ---- enjoy!

BeverlyJoy: Hey – getting together with a friend is a great way to close down the week! You can gossip and get caught up with each other’s lives and team-evaluate all the cute young male waiters! Hope you have a great day!

Schmoodle: And why would we all be wearing red today? Are they running the bulls and we are supposed to be the moving targets? LOL Sounds like you have a busy day on tap -- have fun anyway!

I may run away from home for a while today, since our good weather is about to go back into winter. I will take food with me if I do!

B: oatmeal, V8,
S: grapefruit
L: salad, toast w/laughing cow
S: apple
D: chicken, brown rice, asparagus with honey/balsamic, salad

Yay! It's Friday! Hope everyone has a solid, OP day today ----

Last edited by Numina; 02-06-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

numina, where are you located? Maybe I should have written Are all you American chicks wearing your red today? Today is the American Heart Association's Wear Red Day, to raise consciousness of the fight against heart disease in women. Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.goredforwomen.org/national_wear_red_day.aspx
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #53  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

ACK! I am so out of the loop that I can't even see it from here! What a great idea! Thanks for the info, Schmoodle. Changing into my ... ummmph ... red T-shirt ....awk!....even as I ...grrrrr...type.

There!

I feel like the poster girl for what NOT to do.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 268 / 268 / 140

Morning All!!

So I had my first little victory yesterday. A co-worker celebrated his 10 year anniversary with our company and cake was passed around. I passed on it and munched on celery sticks and dip instead! Yay me!!

Schmoodle: We are celebrating Thinking Day up here too! I'm forgoing the tea though...too much temptation this early in my journey lol

Plan for today:
Breakie: 1/2 c egg beaters, 1 piece of white toast with becel
Snack: apple
Lunch: 100g Salad with Italian dressing
Snack: 1/2 an Apple-Pear
Dinner: 120g Tuna Steak, 100g Zucchini
Snack: 100 calorie pack of shortbread cookies

Plus of course 2 litres of water - 1/2 of it fresh!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!
WatertonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #55  
unabashed

Numina, no it was a diet buddy actually!

So thanks to everyone who wished me happy shopping. I bought tons of whole foods. I don't think I bought anything processed cept for some lean pockets that are for my bf. (He takes them to work, doesnt' have much time to eat there.)

Also I had 150$ to spend and only spent 90!!!! I was shocked. Most of hte stuff I got was on sale, but still, "health food" is expensive but apparently "whole foods" are less so!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #56  
unabashed

todays menu:

breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon 2 slices of arnolds double fiber bread w/ icbinb medeterranean spread
s: orange
l: Medeterrenean veggie sandwhich (half) with a cup of tomato soup (panera)
s: black bean chili
d: chicken and veggie stir fry

Last edited by lottie63; 02-06-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Hey chickies;

Friday is here, just about over for some of you already I imagine. I am so mentally tired I am certainly welcoming the weekend.

New washers, lack of contracts, fun shopping trips, days off, shorter hours, staying on plans, looking for healthy recipes........really sounds like everyone is doing well!

Girls, be kind to yourselves this weekend, allow yourselves to rest, be good to your body and your mind. Leave calories for the end of the day, so you dont have to beat yourself up for night snacking..........but best of all, love yourself!
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #58  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I have actually started to post here several times today and this is the first time I have actually made it!!!

Beverlyjoy--I am so glad you are feeling a bit better--every little bit helps! I hope you had a great time w/ your friend today! I haven't heard that the reports were rejected, so I consider that done!

Schmoodle--Yep, wearing red here! I will definitely share, if they turn out good! They are from Rachel Ray magazines--one is a beef stir fry, one is a mushroom pizza, and one is chicken and biscuits.

WatertonGirl--Great job!!!

lottie--Great job shopping!

Redflame--I'm w/ you...ready for the weekend! In fact, I am going to take care of some extra errands tonight, so I don't have to do them tomorrow!

Have a great OP evening everyone! Nothing exciting planned for tonight, just relax w/ dh and the dogs! Sounds good to me, though!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 AM   #59  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everybody!

It's been a good day. I had a good workout at the gym and a good catch up with my friends for bruch. And I ordered the fruit salad and a waffle for my meal. It was a really nice time. The restaurant's very popular during the weekend, so towards the end of the meal, it felt a little like they were rushing us out as fast as they could.

Tomorrow is going to be a stinker here. They're now predicting 36, but have said they won't be surprised if it tops 40. So it's going to be a very quiet day for me staying out of the heat!

Beverly, hope you had a good catch up with your friend!

Schmoodle, sounds like you had a busy day there!

Numina, if you're planning on running away, I hear the Caribbean's nice at this time of year!

Waterton, go you with passing up the cake! I'm not sure I could do that...

Lottie, awesome stuff with the savings there! That's some impressive shopping!

Redflame, you enjoy your weekend too!

MJ, sounds like a fantastic way to spend an evening!

The menu today was:

B - toast with vegemite and cheese

L - fresh fruit salad, waffle

S - carrot sticks and hummus

D - schnitzel, kumara (sweet potato) fries, salald, mushrooms.

Enjoy your day, guys!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #60  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I should be cleaning, but I HAD to pop in here first!!!

nicolen--Glad you had fun at brunch. Hope you survived the heat. Sounds like a day to sit in front of a fan w/ a book!

Last night was nice and relaxing, for a change! Today, nothing big planned...I need to get some cleaning and laundry done--the usual stuff. Also want to get veggies cut up for the week and ready to roast, that kind of stuff. I am making a new stir fry tonight...hope it's good.

I need to make sure I get all of my water in today--I do ok during the week, but struggle on the weekends for some reason....

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote