Old 01-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default Extreme Sledding!

OK today my sister in law called and asked if we wanted to go sledding at the mill....
A little backgroun info: about an hour from where we live waaay out in the country is a little place called Blue Mountain. This is like thick country, like a house every 15 min or so. My hubby's grand parents have a camp and a wood mill out there on the property that their families used to live on.

...So I was like ya sledding! It was between 0 ans 1 degree celsius, goot weather for sledding and I thought it would be a nice light workouty before my walk this evening.

I could not have underestimated it more if I tried. The mill is about a 15 min drive off of the main road and not plowed at all. So we had to HIKE up the side of the mountain in ankle deep snow with sleds and 4 kids and suplies for the day. It took us 1 whole hour! I have never worked so hard in my life. To make matters worse we took a wrong turn and had to go back down then up another trail. It was insane! Then when we got there and rehydrated a bunch and rested for about 30 min we all went sledding.

I haven't been on a sled in 12 years. I figured I came all this way I should go down at least once. The hill was huge and I figured going up it would be so hard I could only go down one time. But when I got on that air tube and took off it was soooooo much fun. I can't remember having that much fun. I went down like 6 times. we were there for about 4 hours total. Then back down the hill again.

I hurt everywhere but it was the best day and i couldn't believe I made it all that way. I'm so sore and so proud lol.

And to think if I had known how hard it was going to be I wouldn't have gone. I'm so glad I did.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Oh my gosh - that sounds absolutely exciting, amazing and from the description of the hike just a little intimidating.........

But, it sounds like you would go back and do it again in a heart beat......

Glad you had fun.....
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

I got the biggest smile on my face from reading your post...I'm from Jersey and though we got some snow we got a great ice storm...now, I can't wait for more snow to go tubing - I can't remember when I last did that!

Glad you had a blast! Bet the rest of your family was just as sore-LOL!
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Sounds like a totally awesome day.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #5  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I go sledding almost everyday in my backyard- I just love it, and I just turned 45 and don't find myself stopping anytime soon. The hill in our backyard is about 30 feet and sometimes we end up on the lake if the hill is a bit slick.

Bless your heart to go through all that just to sled. I'm sure it was worth it but very exhausting for you all.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

That's awesome!

Another thing I can't wait for is too buy snow clothes that don't have to be custom ordered, lol!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5ft6'

That was the worst part of the whole thing actualy. My sis in law and her beau are very stylish and you know they showed up in their matching brown and white ski suits and oakleys and tukes lmao. I had some yoga pants on under another pair of track pants. My but was frozen but I didnt have snow pants to fit me. I will have to go check out the mens dept before we go again. And we will go again!!
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #8  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That's awesome... I love sledding. It is a great workout and a lot of fun!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote