3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weight Loss timeline? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162779-weight-loss-timeline.html)

pick7499 01-27-2009 08:44 AM

Weight Loss timeline?

How long for those of you who have lost a good amount of weight, did it take you?

What is a realistic time line for losing 100lbs?

I just started WW on 1/13...so this is only my second week, I go weigh in tonight.

TJFitnessDiva 01-27-2009 08:55 AM

It really depends on the person but I'm hoping to hit 100 pounds lost by my WL anniversary in May & sometime in July/August to hit my ultimate goal. I am trying my best to hit those goals :)

Just remember when you do set a goal to make it realistic & you always have the option to reevaluate your goal :) So if you hit a plateau don't be too hard on yourself since I know when you are like that (esp business wise) it only hinders things.

time2lose 01-27-2009 09:02 AM

I have steadly been losing the recommended 1 or 2 pounds a weeks. I have lost 37 pounds since starting the last week in August. Sometimes I lose patience, wanting to get this weight off quickly. I remind myself that I am establishing good habits and that does not happen overnight.

At this rate it will take me a year and two or three months to lose 100 pounds.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-27-2009 09:07 AM

Weight loss depends on so many factors...your calories intake, your exercise, any metabolic issues....your committment. At our heavy weights, 3-4 pounds a week is not unrealistic, but I wouldn't beat myself up if I didn't lose that amount. Just make a committment to yourself to stay on-plan and get fit and healthy. The weight loss will come. Any loss is good.

irishsarah 01-27-2009 09:19 AM

While I haven't lost a ton (yet), I plan on giving myself until January 1, 2010 to lose my weight. That is just over 1 year.
I would sure LOVE to have it all off by summer, but that is NOT going to happen. At least not if I want it to stay off forever. This is the first time I have ever approached loosing weight as a "lifestyle change" and not a "diet". The new mind set really does help....well, it doesn't help the weight come of faster, but it helps me keep going and not give up. :)

foxxy511 01-27-2009 09:19 AM

I agree with Rhonda...any loss is a good loss. Even maintaining is good because that means you're not gaining!

I've always set my goals by the 2lbs a week guideline and that works for me. Everyone is different though and some lose at different rates. For instance, I've never hit a plateau (knock on wood!), and so I've never really had a stalling in my weight loss. Keep on going though, even if you don't hit your goals by the time you want! Determination always wins out!

kiki100 01-27-2009 09:27 AM

I started mid September and lost quickly in the beginning. I have 30 weeks left til my one year anniversary and at 2lbs a week I'm hoping I will be down 60 more lbs. That's my goal of 110lbs in one year. I'll be 197lbs so I'll still have more to lose but that's my starting goal which I'll reevaluate when I reach it.

I understand plateaus, holidays, slips ;) , etc. may get in the way so I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't lose the estimated 2lbs a week but I've given myself something to strive for and it's kept me going so far!

Best of luck! You can do this!

DCHound 01-27-2009 09:55 AM

I started out with a lot to lose, over 200 lbs. I am hoping to meet (or even exceed) my goal of losing the first 100 lbs in six months, which would be Valentine's Day since I started on August 14, 2008. Like many have said, the more you have to lose the faster it comes off, for some. Ultimately I would like to lose 200-210 lbs in a year's time but if it takes longer than that, that's fine. I'm not going to suddenly stop being on Atkins at the twelve-month mark or anything. It takes however long it takes.

Our bodies are all different. As long as you are comfortable with your new, healthy lifestyle let the rest take care of itself. Good luck!

Daimere 01-27-2009 09:55 AM

It took me 6 months the first time to lose 80 lbs. I've rejoined WW and I've lost 12.6 lbs since the 6th.

futuresurferchick 01-27-2009 10:24 AM

It took me about a year and a half to lose 110-120 lbs. Then I slacked off for a while. Now I'm going for the last 20 to 30. :)

pick7499 01-27-2009 01:32 PM

Thanks for the input.
I know it's a slow and steady battle....I'm in it for the long run this time.
I just didn't know if a year was too quick!

I'll be here for motivation when I hit that first week of a minimal or no loss!

THANKS !:)

FB 01-27-2009 01:42 PM

I took one year to lose 140 pounds. Sounds so crazy in retrospect! I didn't do anything drastic, just didn't veer from my plan for a minute. Still don't.

It varies so much from person to person. Hard to predict. What matters is the act and education process of doing it, not so much the time line of the results. With that said, I always wondered about time lines too! :)

FB 01-27-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

I'll be here for motivation when I hit that first week of a minimal or no loss!
Minimal or no loss will likely happen at one (or in my case a bunch of times) during your loss, that's normal. This place is great to help stay focused, stall or not. You can live vicariously through others losses! That's what I've been doing for a month now.

H8cake 01-27-2009 02:33 PM

It's taken me 13 months to get almost 100 pounds off. I'm soooooo close! I lost a lot faster at first, once I got to 180 it really slowed down. The good thing is that by the time you get that much weight off you feel so much better. It is still hard to be patient, but I figure once I get to goal my eating and exercise won't change much if I want to maintain anyway. I'm in my forties and struggle with thyroid and poly cystic ovarian syndrome so my loss is good taking those things into consideration.

LesliesMom 01-27-2009 02:46 PM

I love reading so many of your journeys and how in even 2 years someone can lose 100 pounds is AMAZING. I mean really, what's a year? It's already been a month since Christmas. Time is going to pass regardless, this Christmas I am going to be healthy. It's my gift to myself and my family.

Angie