I can only tell you all this...

• This morning I weigh in. I am like SO CLOSE to breaking 300. I sooooo want to be 299.9 even, you know. But no....300.4 on Friday, then yesterday 300.0. This morning I was SURE I would be crossing over (or under), but STILL the blasted 300.0. it had to be a mistake I stepped on the scale THREE TIMES. Nope, no mistake.

So I had a thought...I'd PEE, surely there must be an ounce of pee in me, right??

We have a very accurate digital scale. All I need is ONE TENTH of a pound to be in the 299 land. I'm going to make it. I have it solved!!

So after I pee, with great expectation, I step upon the scale again, knowing victory is to be seen...only to find now it is saying 300.6.

WHAT??? 300.6???????

How the heck did I gain .6 pounds by peeing????

And where is the Candid Camera Crew???

Donna
    Looking for Never Never Land of the 200's
  • Maybe if you exhale very deeply before getting on the scale you'll break 299.9

I've done the whole stepping on the scale three times thing... on different parts of the floor. Big mistake. The first reading said 287 and then 290 289. BOOOOOOO. lol Now I taped a squar on the floor so i weight msyelf in the same spot every morning. lol (can't leave the scale anywhere without it being in the way)
  • Once my digital scale hands down its ruling for the day, it will not budge (not down, anyway) no matter what I do. Very frustrating. I went through the exact same struggle at the brink of 199.9, so I understand your pain completely. The good news is you'll get there very soon, and it will feel great, and you'll forget all about how frustrated you are right now.
  • Quote:
    How the heck did I gain .6 pounds by peeing????
    I wonder that too! When I weighed myself a couple weeks ago it said 224.5 then I went to the bathroom and thought 'hey now it'll be even less' but now I was up to 225.3. And my scale is super reliable cuz anytime I reweigh it always reads the same number expect on these weird occasions. It always seems to happen when I weigh myself first thing then go back a 10 or 15mins later and its up a little. The only thing I can think of is my oxygen levels (or something???) are low so when I first weigh it reads a low weight. Then as I'm awake a few minutes longer my body fills back up with oxygen they go up??? I don't know why else it would do that. Or maybe it's my soul returning to body after being away in dreamland all night???! lol, idk I find it weird
  • It looks like you've lost 10 lbs congrats on the loss iwannaloose! That is a great accomplishment. At the rate you are going you should be below 299.9 in no time flat. Try not to obsess on it so much and get some exercise instead. Get some fresh air, stay on your plan and the numbers will go down.

You are where you are for a reason.
  • Don't worry about it! Last week, I was 0.4 away from my 5% goal. I was so frustrated. I just want to be at that goal. >.< Next week, you will get it just like I know I will loose at least 0.4 for my next 5% goal. ^_^
  • Ugh... who has NOT hopped back on the scale after, umm... "eliminating" to see if the numbers budged!

I swear, we are more superstitious than hockey players. Keep the scale in exactly the same place, wear the same thing, weigh at the same time, pee first, hold your breath, exhale.... HA! We are crazy!
  • loool I don't do the exhale thing but it would be logical that it might weight like.. .01 lbs! As for the floor thing, my floor can give a reading of up to 4 lbs difference on different parts of my floor. I just don't want to get discouraged if the scale goes up 6 lbs due to fluctuation and floor issues. ahaha
  • Try not to get to discouraged! Do well this week & I'm sure you will be well into the 200's.
  • I try to keep my scale in the same area because my floor is uneven and I get different results depending on where it is.

As for your losses... you are doing great. Keep you eye on your goal... but focus on feeling more healthy. You'll get there in no time!
  • Hey, keeping the scale in the same spot is a great idea, I need to do that. Looks like you are in the same boat I was a few days ago. You'll get there! You will!!
  • Yes, keep your scale on the same spot, crack your joints, breathe in deeply and push out all air from your lungs. Also, make sure your rings are off or hairpins..LOL..I am an expert!