Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 19 - 25 January

ey everyone!

Would you like a place to put your daily menu? Is planning helpful to you. Is accountability helpful? Or...maybe just a bit of extra support. If any or all of these sound like they'd fit your plan...please DO join us!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #2  
Nicole

Hi lovelies!

Gosh, another week already. Is it just me or is this year already flying by? It doesn't feel like we're more than halfway through January - surely it should only be around the 10th or so...

Another mad Monday has bit the dust. It's funny - yesterday I watched a fairly spectacular storm hit the city - thunder, lightning, the whole shebang. The part of town that I live in wasn't really affected. Walking in to work this morning and there's mud and all kinds of debris on the street. Apparently the storm caused fairly massive surface flooding through that side of town. Watching the news tonight, the water was around knee deep. The boss looked at me in utter disbelief when I said that there was a bit of rain but nothing major - he lives on that side of town and apparently it was a rough day. Isn't it amazing what difference 7kms makes?

I made it to the gym again today. Didn't have as good a workout today as yesterday - why can't I manage to put together 2 good workouts in a row? Such is life, I suppose. I'm feeling quite tired, so I'm thinking an early night sounds like a good idea. I'll see.

Beverley, hope you had a lovely dinner with your Mum. Still loving the "I will" statements. I might have to try something similar.

MJ, sounds like an awesome way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Julie, yay for finally feeling better! I was beginning to wonder if you should go to your doctor, since you'd been ill for so many days.

Anyway, todays menu was

B - english muffin, vegemite, cheese slice

S - boiled egg

S - yoghurt

L - chicken salad roll, apricot

D - chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, rice.

I'm still a bit peckish, so I might break out the yoghurt and the berries for dessert.

Have fun, everyone!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

nicolen- I'm glad that storm didn't hit you guys!!! Scary stuff!

My plan for tomorrow... Day 114 TOTALLY ON PLAN and day 4 of Calorie cycling

B- sprouted grain toast, 1 T pb and banana
s- yogurt and applesauce cup
L- 1/2 cup fajita chicken, 1 ww tortilla, 2 T pepper and lime hummus and 1 cup lettuce
s- 2 sour dough wasa with 2 Laughing cow wedges and kiwi
D- 6 oz of salmon, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup roasted green beans
s- all source fruit bar and 2 puffed rice cakes

Have a great on plan day my friends!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:01 AM   #4  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I love this thread. I plan on eating the following tomorrow (Tuesday).

B- kashi Go Crunch cereal w/ banana and 1 cup of 2% milk
S- 100 calorie bag of popcorn
L- Tuna with 6 triscuits and an apple and a yogurt
D- Chicken with 1 cup of brown rice and veggie
S- 40 calorie chocolate pop

I am going to do my best to stay on plan and continue to post here. Also I am going to break down and join the health club on the base at the hotel. I was going to go to the free gym but I keep hearing how dirty it can be.

I figure I have been to the hotel one before and I will know what to expect.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday I had a good on plan day - I am so grateful. I think it's been helping me to make myself sit down at the kitchen table every time I want to put food in my mouth. I have been trying to be more mindful of what I am eating. Recently, I had been eating so, so fast and watching TV, in the car, etc - that I never took the time to taste my food. It nice to actually be tasting the food.

Breakfast - oatmeal, almond butter, cinn., 1/2 banana, milk
lunch - egg white scramble, corn bread, green beans
snack - tangerines
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, applesauce
snack - cheese toast

I will eat delicious healthy foods.
I will take the time to really taste my food.
I will eat when I feel some form of hunger. - trying to avoid emotional hunger.
I will eat at the kitchen table and taste my food.
I will drink lots of water.
I will leave something on my plate.
I will move, stretch, and strengthen my body.
I will visualize myself the way I want to look.
I will try to do the best I can

Nicolen - thanks for getting us started!! I am so, so glad you weren't affected badly by the storm. GREAT job getting to the gym. Carry on, friend.

CFmama - good luck with the calorie cycling. Great plan!

Weclome Dolly! I am so glad to hear that you have gym options near you to check out. That's wonderful. So glad you posted.

MJ - I hope your quiet day was great. Did you cuddle those doggies?

Shout out to Schmoodle, Rhonda, seashell, randi, redflame, seashell and anyone else that stops by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-19-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

HI ladies!!! I have missed you all. I have been so busy the last few days. DS started karate and I started volunteering with our local humane society. I kept thinking..I gotta check in, I gotta check in. I havent done my 30 DS the last 3 days, (had family in the house and I don't wanna be watched) but I have been walking...and.. running on my lunch break @ work.!!! Yes..me, running. I never would have thought it! Every day I run more and more, alternating it with walking. I'm so proud.

Nicole - Im sorry you are feeling so tired. Get some rest if you can.

Cf mama - I finally gave in and bought some LC wedges. I had always put them off because I only like very mild swiss cheese. WOW are they good! I LOVE the french onion spread on some simply naked pita chips.

Welcome Darlene - I hope you get the gym worked out.

BevJoy - Nice "I" statements. I agree with you about eating at the table. It's so easy to get caught up in mindless eating when you are driving, sitting at the computer, watching tv, etc.. and worse, it can become a nasty habit to break.

Hope everyone has a good OP day!

Hi to Schmoodle, Rhonda, seashell, MJ, redflame, seashell and everyone else not here yet.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends and Happy MLK Day!

Today is OP day #19 for me and my official weigh-in day. I'm very happy to report that I've lost for the 3rd week in a row. Food planning is going well and it's time to focus on the exercise. I'm looking forward to seeing the stomach "deflate" and the rumpkus get a lighter higher off the floor!

Beverly - so glad that you've found your way back to the basics.
Randi - I love that you're running! One of my goals is to be able to run again.

I'm working a little today. It's technically a holiday for us, but I'm going to seize the quiet time and use it to get ahead.

Have a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-19-2009 at 08:55 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

B - Bacon and eggs
L - Chicken Salad, jello cup
S - Cheese and peperoni
D - Pot Roast and broccoli, jello cup
S - cheese and peperoni

Water - 64 oz
Exercise - 1/2 hour dancing cause it's too cold to go outside to walk!!!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am home today, I woke up w/ a horrible migraine. Ugh, I hate it when that happens. I must have looked pretty pathetic because dh was going to stay home with me. I insisted that go to work--no sense in watching me sleep! I feel mostly better, it's not totally gone, but almost. I am going to take a shower soon and hopefully that will help too.

nicolen--I know what you mean...there is a small town I drive through on my way to work, it's kind of its own "weather warp". Yea, it was nice to be lazy for a day!

cfmama--Fantastic!!!

DollyR--Good for you for getting to the health club!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!! Yes, I certainly did! They loved every second of it too!!

Randi--Good for you for walking and running!

Rhonda--CONGRATS on OP day #19 and another loss!!!

seashell--I'm w/ you...too cold to walk outside!

So, it's another day of snuggling w/ the dogs today...they are going to get used to having me home!

I am going to try to do a dvd today, depends on how my head feels.

I didn't weigh in today...I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Hello Girls

MJ--hope your headache eases off soon, how sweet that DH thought he should stay home and sweetie sit.
Seashell--great job at the indoor dancing, I will be glad with this winter weather is over!
Rhonda--great job on three weeks in a row of shrinking!
Justwannabe--how cool of you to volunteer at the humane society, wonderful of you to make a difference
Beverly--excellent idea of sitting down at the table!
Darlene--have fun at the health club, too bad the free one is not taken care of properly
cfmamma-- love calorie cycling, it really helps me since I have SO messed up my metabolism
Nicolen--Great job on the workouts, but make sure you are getting enough rest too, tired is not a good state to me in! How is your protien intake?

Hope I did not miss anyone so far....

Today
B coffee
S carrots and 2 ounces turkey
L coffee
D BBQ chicken, brown rice with garlic, spinach, garlic, olive oil, carrots and garlic
S grapefruit

Not a great plan today, Monday apparently caught me off guard and I was not prepared for work---YES, I am at the office today----on a holiday! Poowee!
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Beverlyjoy- I find that taking the time to taste my food really does help!!! Good job
Justwannabeme- I LOVE animals and I love the fact that you are doing something awesome for them
GirlygirlSebas- 19 DAYS ON PLAN! YOU ROCK!!!!
Seashell- you just gave me a pepperoni craving lol!
mj5- I'm glad your headache is gone... what kind of dogs do you have?
Redflame- I'm glad to hear that calorie cycling helped you! I need to bump my sluggish metabolism up. Day 4 of it today!

Well tomorrow is day 115 on plan and day 5 of calorie cycling

B- optimum slim cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, banana
s- yogurt and applesauce cup
L- 1 cup chicken breast, 1 large ww tortilla, 2 T pepper/lime hummus, 1 cup lettuce
s- 2 wasa and 2 LC wedges, kiwi
D- sloppy joes, 1/2 cup ground lean chicken, 3 T tomato paste, 1 ww english muffin, 1 oz part skim mozza, 1 cup roasted cauliflower, 1 T EVOO
s- fruit source bar, 1 cup skim milk

1990 calories

Tomorrow's a busy daycare day. 4 littles under the age of THREE!!! Two are only part day and one is early in the day and one is late in the day so it's all good. Got my cardio video AND yoga done today AS WELL as walking to and from the school. AND I didn't sit for more than 5 minutes the entire day. I'm glad that it's only 40 minutes till the littles bed time and TV for me!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #12  
Nicole

Hey everyone,

It was another good day - good workout, and the scales are down 3 lbs! My weight's been all over the place since I came back - up as high as 257 and down to 245 - so it's nice that I've got the same number 2 days in a row. I know eating wise I've been fine and I'm certainly getting exercise, so eventually the scales were going to catch up, but it's been a little frustrating waiting.

And then there was work. The boss treated us to morning tea today and yeah. Not a lot of it was healthy food. I limited myself to a ham and egg sandwich and a piece of fudge cake. Could have been better, but it could have been a heck of a lot worse. The reality is, I'm not going to stick completely to plan 100% of the time, so I guess a lot of it is about making the best possible choices I can...

Tammy, 4 under 3! You're going to be a very busy mama tomorrow!

Dolly, fantastic to see you here! Hope the gym goes well for you!

Beverley, I know what you mean about tasting the food! Isn't it incredible how fantastic some food tastes when they're not hidden under all kinds of other flavours?

Randi, go you with the running! That's fantastic!

Rhonda, hope you didn't have to do too much work today and had a chance to enjoy at least a part of your holiday.

Seashell, hope things warm up for you soon!

MJ, migranes are no fun at all. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Redflame, at least you made healthy choices! That's something!

Hi to everyone else!

OK, I'm going to go and organise dinner - it's adventures with tofu tonight. I've never cooked with tofu before, although I've ordered it at restaurants, so this could be ... interesting...

Take care all
Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I had another good day on plan - I am grateful. I stayed with my 'list of I wills'. Most important is that I am only eating at the kitchen table with no distractions. This is so hard for me - but, it is making me mindful of what I am actually eating. Tasting the food is nice.

I woke up with some lower back pain - so, I will do gentle stretches, lots of ice and heat.

breakfast - turkey sausage, kashi waffle with pnb
lunch - taco salad
snack - tangerine
dinner - spaghetti squash with parm. cheese, garlic and evoo, garlic bread, grilled chicken
snack - toast and sf cocoa

I will eat delicious healthy foods.
I will take the time to really taste my food.
I will eat when I feel some form of hunger. - trying to avoid emotional hunger.
I will eat at the kitchen table and taste my food.
I will drink lots of water.
I will leave something on my plate.
I will visualize myself the way I want to look.
I will try to do the best I can and accept my day and myself in a positive light.

I'll be back later for personals. - have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-20-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

The long weekend was wonderful, but going back to work is tough! We had snow flurries last night. The girls were anxiously watching through the windows to see if it would stick and they'd get a snow day. I guess they forgot that we live in Georgia.

MJ - How's your head today? Do you get the morning after soreness? I've had migraines since puberty, but they have reduced from 1 every 2-3 weeks, to 1 every 2-3 months since my hysterectomy. That is my silver lining.
Nicolen - tofu is so versatile. What are you using it in? I like it in a stir fry or in a curry sauce.
Beverly - so glad the "kitchen table" rule is working!

My scales have stopped rewarding me with daily or every-other-day losses. This can be somewhat discouraging and this is usually the time when I veer off-plan. I start to think that something is wrong with my body and I can't lose like everyone else. But, this time, I'm determined to push through. I need to start counting calories again and make sure I get on the treadmill each day.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Just a quick fly by ya'll. DS is sick and we are heading out to the docs. Scale didn't move for me, but TOM is starting so hopefully I'll get a woosh next week. I REALLY want to make my vday goal.

Mj - hope you feel better

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I'll try and catch back up later.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote