3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

redreine 01-24-2009 01:38 PM

Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs)

First of all, I know we ALL have to hate that label...MORBIDLY OBESE. It makes us sound like monsters. We're just overstuffed teddy bears that need to lose some of that stuffing, aren't we? Yeah, I think I like that better.

I thought I'd make a thread for us to discuss those obnoxious issues that come with being overstuffed. For example, how many of you get boils on your inner thighs from them rubbing together so much? Gah! I loathe that. And another thing? A recent slang term that I've heard lately that makes me cringe? FUPA. (If you don't know what this is, I suggest you go to http://www.urbandictionary.com and search it. Disclaimer : this is a raunchy site at times, and this particular word has a raunchy definition)
And let's not forget the aching back and feet! I can't do dishes for longer than 10 minutes...I don't know about ya'll, but if *I* take a break every 10 minutes, my dishes NEVER get done.

So how about you? What are some "issues" that come with the territory? Anyone have any suggestions or home remedies?

P.S. Have fun with this thread. We all need a laugh during our weight loss journey. Not to mention, once we're at a healthy weight, these problems will have gone away, and it'll be fun to look back on this thread and laugh and think "I'll NEVER have to go through THAT, AGAIN".:D

lottie63 01-24-2009 01:51 PM

I find the whole fupa thing so offensive and...disturbing really. lol

Bee20nine 01-24-2009 01:54 PM

ROFL at Fupa, I know about that but for some reason when I hear people talk about it its funny.

Having to worry about if something is going to hold up up before you sit on it.

epiphany4z 01-24-2009 01:54 PM

hmm I have a few...we had some cheaper toilet seats for a while and my fat booty kept breaking them...i would either break the hooks holding it on or crack the dam thing in half...:o

all underwear rubs in the wrong spots...grrr..;)

jademarlene 01-24-2009 01:59 PM

How about really small public restroom stalls:mad:

lottie63 01-24-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jademarlene (Post 2572913)
How about really small public restroom stalls:mad:

THE WORST! hehe

lottie63 01-24-2009 02:08 PM

HOw about friends taking you out and they only have a two door?

My fat *** isn't crawling in no backseat! :P

Ten Years 01-24-2009 02:11 PM

the HEAT. I am always uncomfortably warm in a room where most people are comfortable. I am quite sure this is due to all my insulation.

Having to tie my shoes sorta off to the side because I can't bend straight over. This started during pregnancy and never really went away.

jademarlene 01-24-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ten Years (Post 2572925)
the HEAT. I am always uncomfortably warm in a room where most people are comfortable. I am quite sure this is due to all my insulation.

Having to tie my shoes sorta off to the side because I can't bend straight over. This started during pregnancy and never really went away.

OMG, my shoes tie to the center. How about everybody elses?

redreine 01-24-2009 02:18 PM

This never really bothered me, but looking back on it now I guess it really should have...

One day I was babysitting my niece (at the time she was 2, now she's 4) and she touched my stomach and said "There's a baby in there!"

I joke now about how I already look like I'm pregnant, and wonder what I would look like once I actually become pregnant...but man. When a 2 year old knows your fat! lol

ANewLife4Me 01-24-2009 02:27 PM

Chub-rub (thighs). Gak!!!!!!!

luvja 01-24-2009 03:11 PM

Lmao I love the term FUPA. My best friend and I are constantly talking about our FUPA'S :lol: lol, but we're probably weirdo's :lol:

slimmingsi 01-24-2009 03:17 PM

fupa is funny i've not heard that before, at work we call them skippy pouches.

i can't lay down in the steam room at the gym with other people in there because if you have to move you get the suction noise.

the way the soles of trainers collapse very quickly.

the way everyone stares at you in a cafe or food hall when you are buying to see what you eating and if they see bad food they tut and shake there heads.

diary 01-24-2009 03:51 PM

OMG FUPA.... I am going to have to mention it to my sis...

I hate the way I cannot shop at any place in the mall... nothing they have there is big enough for me.

ANOther 01-24-2009 04:03 PM

Chub rub: check
Boils/skin issues: check
Shoe tying: check (I gave up on tie shoes, they always come untied for me, and now wear mocs, zip-ups or Velcro-strap shoes: although there are some kinds of laces that you don't have to tie, they have a pull-up toggle in them [look for Yankz, the Sahalie catalog has them]. I never was good at tying shoes at any rate, I must have been 9 years old before I got the knack)
Small loo stalls: check (I go to the handicap stall whenever there is one)
Loo making an ominous sound like it might not support your weight: check
FUPA: check!