Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat
If ya ask me - you did get lucky when Google pointed you here.
Good for you getting healthy low carb foods - I wish you luck and hope to see more of you around here. Or less as you shrink
Funny you should say that...
I have a lifetime membership that I paid hundreds of dollars for at Beverly Hills Weight Loss and Wellness. *rolls eyes* Everytime I'd go in and weigh she would tell me "I hope to see less of you next time!"
Speaking of Beverly hills, It was a great eating plan to follow. It was fairly simple but you had to drink 3-4 protein shakes a day that you had to buy from them and it was very expensive!
I swear I'm just at my wits end. I just don't know how to let go. I pray and fight and pray and cry and pray and pray and etc....
My husbands 1st cousin is in the hospital right now, she just had the lap band surgery. She has struggled with her weight for a long time now. I just think maybe she thinks she is taking an easy way out because based on my conversations with her... she thinks she is just gonna get skinny and all will be well.
I don't know a lot about WLS but I know you have to eat some kind of a special diet afterward so you don't damage anything internally I guess anyway. But I feel that if (me personally) I could go throught that and change my diet why cant I just do it now without WLS? I have thought about it, but I'm too chicken to do it myself. I'll let her be a guinea pig for me.... so to speak....??
I'm venting if you haven't noticed already.
I have been fat the majority of my life. I was a normal sized child until I hit about 5-6-7 years old and from there I started to gain weight. I gained very gradually then when I hit puberty it escalated and I gained a bunch.
i had a step sister and I remember thinking that I wanted to be smaller than her when I was 6-7-8+ years old. There was one time when she gained more weight than me and I was so happy that I was the small one. How sick is that.
I have often wondered what my life would've been like if I had not ever been fat. I like to think I could have accomplished greater things than I have. But I guess I am where I am for a reason.
I don't really know how much I weigh right now but i assume I am between 250-265 lbs. I am only 5 ft tall and that is probably pushing the truth. Maybe more like 4' 11 3/4" or something.
My mom is a big lady too, so is the rest of my aunts also a few of my cousins all on my moms side. I don't know my biological fathers side at all, I never met him. *shrugs*
I estimate Mom weighs about 300 on a good day. Maybe more on a bad day.
She told me last week that she weighed 265 when she went to the dr . But she has a tendency to lie about things sometimes.
One of the things I have always said was that I would not EVER let myself get as big as my mom. I kind of prided myself on being the small one in the family. But that is just my sick and twisted mind talking up to myself.
There have been a few factors that have made me really see how big I really am.
1. I saw a few pictures of myself and I had a double chin and a huge face. I used to not have that.
2. My fat does not fit me as well as it used to. This may sound silly but I don't know of any other way to describe it. My fat used to be firm fat but now it's jiggly fat. Yeah, I know its crazy talk...
3. My husband won't let me climb up into the attic anymore in fear I might fall and get hurt.
4. I see the weight limit on the attic ladder (300 lbs) and I know it is not far away from what I weigh. It scares me.
5. I sleep a lot and I don't have any energy.
6. I have isolated myself from my friends and family.
7. I have allowed my house to become a mess.
8. I'm not as happy as I once was - I don't know if I was ever happy.
9. My mom has started making jokes about my weight.
10. My brother has started making jokes about my weight.
11. I have begun to think I will always be fat.
12. I cancel my appointments because I don't want to face the public.
13. I cant fit into any of my 2X clothes anymore.
14. All my shirts have grease spots between the titties, from where I have dropped food on myself.
15. I have started shopping for shirts in the mens section because the ladies t shirts show too much arm.
16. I don't want to have sex because it hurts to get into position.
17. I feel like I disappoint my husband during sex.
18. I could go on for ever about this. I really have nothing positive to say other than I love my family. I don't even think I love myself at this point.