3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   When it gets warmer... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/161931-when-gets-warmer.html)

rodeogirl 01-18-2009 05:04 PM

When it gets warmer...

...I'm going to try walking to the grocery store a couple times a week.

What will you do when it warms up?

It's not that we can't do things now. Like I don't care about the cold, I just throw on a jacket and gloves and it's all good (and it's not 30 below here) but the icy sidewalks/streets make walking hazardous. I'm really looking forward to walking to as many places as possible this spring.

junebug41 01-18-2009 05:06 PM

Hike! I can't wait to hike again! Just grab the dog, my camelback and maybe my husband and run to the mountains. It's in the 60's in Denver right now, but I know the trails are all cold and nasty so I have to wait until later in the spring :(

cfmama 01-18-2009 05:11 PM

I cannot wait to start agility training with my pup and my NEW pup (coming end of March!) and be more in shape to do it!

mazza 01-18-2009 05:13 PM

I'll flip this over to suit my geographical positioning :D

When it gets colder.... I want to find an eco-friendly way of heating my house.

Beautiful Ace 01-18-2009 05:17 PM

When it warms up I would like to go walking with friends occasionally. Of maybe even by myself. I'll have to have my mom drop me off somewhere though, we live right off highway and I'm not walking on that badboy.

nelie 01-18-2009 05:18 PM

Definitely hike!!
Also I want to start my running program again. Once the days got shorter and colder, it was very difficult to do.

2ndChance09 01-18-2009 05:19 PM

When it warms up I am going to take lots of walks by the river with my two little girls. I did that almost everyday last spring and summer and it was wonderful!

luvja 01-18-2009 05:50 PM

I can't wait to start walking again once the snow melts!

TJFitnessDiva 01-18-2009 05:53 PM

I never stop doing my outdoor activities but then again we have a mild winter ;) Now when summer hits ask me this question because the heat plus the humidity = a miserable girl lol

gumboot 01-18-2009 05:53 PM

Hiking and biking. My kids love doing both with me and I love the one on one time with them. This year though I look forward to tackling more difficult hikes. Can't wait!
There are alot of all season hikes around here but the slopes get so slippery and muddy this time of year so I will wait until the spring when things dry out a bit.

Trazey34 01-18-2009 05:58 PM

ha i'm such a weather-whiner!!! it's too hot, it's too cold, so there's about 3 days a year i actually WANT to walk outside LOL So i'm very happy our city built a ginormous arena, and it's open 7 days /week for people to walk! toasty in the winter, cool in the summer! and they give you a pedometer to use if you want, or they have 'trails' mapped out for a mile, 2 or 3 miles,etc., and a 'blitz' in the middle of running up and down the stadium steps -- WOW i felt like ROCKY the first time i did the smallll one!! i'm working my way up to medium! whooo!

Daimere 01-18-2009 06:00 PM

Convince my boyfriend to stroll along the block with me

Hyacinth 01-18-2009 06:04 PM

I moved to a neighborhood that has a lot of outdoor recreational activities, so I will be hiking/walking, swimming, hopefully boating (if I can find an inexpensive canoe or boat), and biking. I walk a little in the winter, but not like I do in the summer. It's pretty cold and my sidewalk doesn't get plowed in the winter (and the street is kinda busy). I do try to get around the block a couple of times a week, more for the sunlight than exercise.

H8cake 01-18-2009 06:52 PM

I'm trying to get in as much time exercising outside now while it's nice out. We have super hot summers here and the only thing I'll do then is swim. I'm hoping we'll have a pool of our own by summer, but if not I'll be heading to the lake. I'm so thankful for my treadmill and exercise bike in the summer, inside with air conditioning!

Randi 01-18-2009 07:00 PM

When it gets warmer I am definitely going to take my cardio outside and I want to do more hiking. We used to do a lot of hiking and it was amazing some of the hikes we went on - I want to go back to what we used to do.