Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 228/224/140

Height: 5'2"

hey...thanks everyone for the great ideas. They are so helpful....I am going to come back to this string again and again for ideas.
NeanieBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Definitly nuts! And water chestnuts. You can add them to anything and they have almost no flavor (they take on the flavor of your food). Low in calories and all they do is crunch.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #18  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking

I like soy nuts, roasted green peas, and roasted chick peas. I get these at my local farmers market. YUM-O
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

My crunchiest crunchies;

celery and PB
Almonds-- 20 of them in a portion
Vanilla yogurt with honey bunches of oats on top (ice cream and crunch cravings both satisfied)----I also found some organic Whole grain cereal that is WAY crunchy--too much for me actually
Roasted chick peas---drain, rinse, season with EVOO and spices, roast about 45 minutes
Wasabi peas--they are dry roasted peas with wasabi seasoning, pretty green and white--I get them in bulk food section of grocery store
Seaseme sticks
Ice Ice baby----thats my favorite crunch, but I am anemic and craving ice is a common symptom of anemia
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I went through a period where I thought I was starting to have increased hunger or cravings due to restriction. It took me a while , but I finally figured out that what I was missing was *crunch.* I added some back in and felt much more satisfied . Nuts and carrots both help, but to a certain extent, at least for me, it has to be a carby/bready/cracker kind of crunch. So I include that at least a couple times a week. For example, I enjoy my pita pizza so much more just by baking the pita alone until it gets nice and crispy, before topping it and warming the toppings up in the oven too. Or I bake my own corn tortilla chips (from a tortilla, of course ) sometimes instead of making a burrito, and eat the filling nacho-style.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote