Did I Find the Magic Bullet?

• In the past three years, I've joined WW Online three times. This time is the third and will be the charm.

I've lost nine pounds in two weeks. In my past WW Online forays, I've hardly lost anything. I know during my last one, I lost three pounds in six weeks and finally threw in the towel. So what's different this time? I was wondering about that this morning. I mean, I'm a lot more dedicated this time. I'm calmer because it's about my health and not about how hot I am. But that can't be it.

I think I figured it out. The times before, I was just concentrating on Points/calorie counting. It didn't matter what went into my mouth...junk, prepackaged food, whatever, as long as I didn't go over those points. This time, though, I've been making an effort to eat fresh foods. Lots of fresh salads, fresh fruits, real dairy (instead of margarine). I take my multivitamin every day. So maybe it's about giving my body real fuel that it can actually use.
  • That sounds right to me! I always heard that if your calories come from the right foods then your body burns them at a much better rate. I dont think margarine is even food (lol) so our bodies are like "what am i sposed to do with this crap?"
    Great job on the 9lbs BTW!
  • I can compare my weeks that I've eaten more whole foods, to weeks where I've just eaten whatever (as long as it was within my points) and there is a difference. I can feel it in how my body works, and I can see it on the scale.

So yeah, for me, too, it's not just about how much, it's about what.
  • "Whole Foods" were definitely my "magic bullet." I actually called my diet (and still do heh) the Super Foods diet after the book that started me on this path: Super Foods Rx: 14 Foods That Can Change Your Life.
  • Good for you I think you've got it! I try to eat at least 2 fruits and 3 vegetables a day and do things like whole grain and no packaged stuff. Keep up the good work.
  • Yep Jennelle! I think we found it together. I've done WW quite a few times, but this time feels different to me as wells. I am paying super close attention to the good health guidelines, when before I never did.

It makes a huge difference in how you feel & how your body functions. I've noticed that I don't get hungry & have very few cravings. I don't even really think about the points that much. I just write down what I want to eat that day & it always falls w/in my daily allowance because they are good choices.

It's kind of great isn't it? I feel like a switch has been flipped in my brain. I finally get it.
  • You can't go wrong with putting the food God gave you into the body that God gave you.
  • Jennelle, you got me thinking....I believe my success thus far is for the same reason. My calories have been quality ones!
  • Good for you! Real foods really do make a difference.
  • Lori, I just checked out "what 100 pounds looks like".

That is somethin...........
  • Great job! Keep up the good work! I think i finally find my silverlining too. Im basically listening to my body more and using all the great advise!