Old 01-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/253/209

Height: 6 Feet

Default Am I eating too much, or not enough? Please help

Hi Everybody, I just joined fit day, and have logged my eating for today! Can any of you tell me if I am eating well, or not good enough. Please, any advise will be helpful. Thanks all, and you rock!
Please visit my fitday link on the left, and let me know you feedback on my eating for today.... please help
xbubloox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #2  
No description available.

Hi,
When I click on your link, I get the login page for fitday. Can you post your food for the day here?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #3  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I can't get it either

Can I ask you how tall you are?
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #4  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

yup. No luck here. Can you copy and paste what you ate for the day? Thanks!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #5  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

yeah it didnt work when i clicked it either
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #6  

it will let you see, if you are a member i guess. but ok here is what ate today...

Breakfast: 1 cup stir fried mushrooms in olive oil - 3 scrambled eggs

Lunch: qty.1 foster farms turkey italian link = 84 grams, and 1 cup stir fried green beans.

Dinner: 2 cups stir fried bok choy in olive oil, and qty.1 foster farms turkey italian link = 84 grams

snack: 1 cup red seedless grapes

1,094 total calories

54.8 fat

75.7 carbs

86.5 protein

water, water, water all day long....

Now, let me know.. thanks gals!

Last edited by xbubloox; 01-15-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

I can tell you right off the bat that 1,100 calories a day will NOT be enough.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 378/378/160

Height: 5'8"

Girl aren't you starving, I would be miserable and probably have a headache if that's all I ate.
fatgirl nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #9  

But, I don't want to be fat anymore! Any tips on what else I should eat? and how many calories do you guys think I need? I am 5"11
Old 01-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #10  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Exclamation

I am a long time Fitday addict. I am 5.8 and I am losing pretty steadily on 1600 calories a day. I LOVE Fitday. I know it is work, but work on building your custom foods list. Mine has about 57 entries on it now. At 5'11 you can eat 1600 calories like me, and lose. Try to aim for NUTRITION. Fiber and protein, low sodium..blah blah blah. I eat steel cut oats, with raisins, walnuts and cinnaomn for breakfast. THAT alone will set you up for the day. Building your custom foods list takes a few minutes a day until you get your regular foods entered. Practise navigating the site until you learn how to use your recent and custom foods effectively. At your height and weight try...try...try to get used to the idea of eating more, on a regular basis, focusing on nutrion and be willing to take a slow and steady loss. This will encourage you to learn new and healthy eating habits which will lead to not only weight loss but a healthy energetic body.

Fitday's biggest drawback is its database. You have to be willing to work on your custom foods list, or become adept at making a best guess using Fit's database. Since most foods have a nutrition label on them now, your custom foods list can be built quickly..if you are willing to put in a few minutes a day.

www.nutritiondata.com is a good alternative to get nutrition data.

Best of luck..see you on FitDAy!
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'll tell you that I started at 376 and ate 1800 calories a day for the last almost four months... and lost 63 lbs. SO I think you might want to start around that amount or MORE (maybe 1900-2000) and see how it goes!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
I am a long time Fitday addict. I am 5.8 and I am losing pretty steadily on 1600 calories a day. I LOVE Fitday. I know it is work, but work on building your custom foods list. Mine has about 57 entries on it now. At 5'11 you can eat 1600 calories like me, and lose. Try to aim for NUTRITION. Fiber and protein, low sodium..blah blah blah. I eat steel cut oats, with raisins, walnuts and cinnaomn for breakfast. THAT alone will set you up for the day. Building your custom foods list takes a few minutes a day until you get your regular foods entered. Practise navigating the site until you learn how to use your recent and custom foods effectively. At your height and weight try...try...try to get used to the idea of eating more, on a regular basis, focusing on nutrion and be willing to take a slow and steady loss. This will encourage you to learn new and healthy eating habits which will lead to not only weight loss but a healthy energetic body.

Fitday's biggest drawback is its database. You have to be willing to work on your custom foods list, or become adept at making a best guess using Fit's database. Since most foods have a nutrition label on them now, your custom foods list can be built quickly..if you are willing to put in a few minutes a day.

www.nutritiondata.com is a good alternative to get nutrition data.

Best of luck..see you on FitDAy!
Can you tell me your whole menu?

Last edited by xbubloox; 01-16-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:13 AM   #13  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

If you don't want to be fat anymore you have to find a plan that you can do forever.

Don't make the common mistake of trying to get rid of it all right now. It's not going to happen. But with a good plan you will see steady weight loss and you won't quit because your plan will be so fun and easy that you won't WANT to quit.

Apples, bananas, and other fruit will add bulk and fiber for reasonable calories. Watch breads and rice they are calorie dense and not so much nutrition. But do eat. I use the Daily Plate but I think Fitday is similar. Plug your data in (height, weight, age, etc.) and choose 1-3 lbs/week weight loss and it will tell you how many calories you get. I bet for you it'll be right around 2000 a day.

I started in November pretty close to your weight and am down almost 25 pounds already. I started with a goal of 3lbs/week. That's on the high end but for those of us that started at over 300lbs I think it's a reasonable place to start. But even if you "only" do 2lbs/week you'll be down 100lbs a year from now.

Slow and steady wins this race.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #14  

Yes, I understand what you are saying, it is just what I am eating, I am not hungry anymore. I mean, i get hunger pangs in the evening, but I just slug down a glass of water...

I have this one question though: Will I still lose weight with 1000-1200 calories per day? Will I still lose weight?
Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #15  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbubloox View Post

I have this one question though: Will I still lose weight with 1000-1200 calories per day? Will I still lose weight?
Let's be honest here. Yeah, for a while. Then you'll start to feel deprived, hungry, irritable, tired, achy and overall like crap. You'll gain back what you lost PLUS some. Ask me how I know this??? It's very common for people to want to start out like gangbusters and eat very little to lose a lot of weight. It doesn't work. It isn't healthy.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote