Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora123a View Post
94 pounds is awesome! The younger ladies have the advantage of a younger (read faster) metabolism...ours slows down by about 1% per year after 30 or 35.

Strength training builds muscle, however to build muscle you need an exercise which creates fatigue after 8-12 reps. (Meaning you really couldn't do it more.) Small weights don't do that. You should not strength train more than every other day (every third day over fifty.)

There is nothing magic about equipment...lots of things offer weight or resistance. I do think that if you can manage it a session or two with a trainer is a good idea, especially if you are scared of weight training.
Thanks Pandora, gotta get into the strength training to boost the metabolism. thanks for the tips.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #17  

Just wanted to say I think its truely amazing how far you've come so far!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada View Post
One lady at my WW meeting took 2 months to drop the last 3 pounds. I found myself thinking, if that had been me I'd consider adjusting my goal by.......maybe 3 pounds.
Wow, that must have been frustrating. I think I'd feel close enough that it would feel like maintaining at least. I'm sure it depends on where a person started though. If I only had twenty pounds to lose to begin with, three pounds would still feel like a lot. Starting with 115 pounds to lose three pounds won't be such a big deal. When I stop and remember having 115 pounds to lose even twenty doesn't seem as bad. Gotta love perspective!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote