3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm going out for dinner tonight... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/161577-im-going-out-dinner-tonight.html)

cfmama 01-14-2009 08:13 PM

I'm going out for dinner tonight...

We're going to a "going away" party for a good friend tonight at a pub. I've been wondering for about a week what I could eat. I was not willing to make it a free or treat meal. So my wonderful husband phoned today and asked if we could get a take out menu. Well they don't do take out but when Jeff explained that his wife was on a limited (lol) menu plan they OFFERED to print me out a menu! He went and picked it up today for me :)

So tonight I'm having a Clubhouse sandwich on Rye. No mayo or butter. No bacon. Mustard, lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken. And a side green salad with Italian dressing on the side. It's about 440 calories. Just right for dinner!!!

Michelle98272 01-14-2009 08:15 PM

You really are rockin' this weight loss thing! Congrats on planning ahead AND not being willing to use it as a free day. I've had a few too many free days and think your 63lbs of weightloss is a good testament to just sticking with the plan!!

Have a fun night!

PS your husband sounds like a very nice man!

heather88 01-14-2009 08:16 PM

Ohh, that sounds reallly good. Isn't it great when you can eat delicious things and it doesn't have to be a "free food" or OP? That was awesome of your hubby, and good job on the planning! ^^

Randi 01-14-2009 08:16 PM

That is so great that you were able to plan ahead like that - I sometimes go online before hand (if they have that option available) but I don't think I would have thought about getting a menu (very smart!). Your husband gets a big thumbs up too...

Your dinner sounds really good too!

Hope you really enjoy yourself this evening!

S.A.S.H 01-14-2009 08:26 PM

Awww give Dh a hug for being so supportive! Everyone is right, it was smart to think ahead and not just give in. Good job :)

gumboot 01-14-2009 09:43 PM

Have fun and enjoy your meal. It will be so much more pleasurable not having to worry about what to eat. There have been several times I have not planned ahead and ended up in a restaurant and freaked out over what to do. Good on ya and good on your supportive hubby!

rodeogirl 01-15-2009 02:11 AM

That's great!

I spontaneously went out for Chinese food with a friend tonight - I have a hard time estimating calories for what I had so I'm pretty sure I overestimated a bit and still came under budget for the day. Doesn't it just feel great to be able to go out to eat and not be derailed?

Your husband gets a big thumbs up for his part, btw!

cfmama 01-15-2009 02:17 AM

I'm back!

It was FUN time :) Me and six boys ;) lol!

I ended up changing the "on rye" to sourdough before I left. I FORGOT that clubhouses come with 3 slices of bread! So I took the middle one out ;) They also send my sandwich WITH mayo so I sent it back. It was soooo good though.

I had two cups of peppermint tea, two large glasses of ice water with lemon and one bite of my husbands pizza. No derailment here! It was awesome!

BarbPA 01-15-2009 08:38 AM

Fantastic Job!! Your hubby sounds like a gem! Planning is crucial to me...I would have done the same thing. Way to go!!! :)

howie6267 01-15-2009 09:43 AM

Good job. I always try to go online and find a menu before I go out. If I can't find one I just wing it by looking up calories of thing I know they have. I use http://www.calorieking.com/ for that. I'm glad your husband is trying to help you, that makes it nice to have support. A lot of times it backfires for us. We can be best helpers or best tempters at our house.

hautbois 01-15-2009 10:21 AM

Good job staying on plan! I love that more and more restaurants have nutritional info online. It definitely helps me to have a game plan ahead of time. Otherwise, I get way too tempted browsing the menu.

Jen415 01-15-2009 10:29 AM

You did awesome! Planning DOES pay off!

Is sourdough better than rye? Calorie wise, I mean...

cfmama 01-15-2009 11:05 AM

It was a bit less calories than the rye. I SHOULD have had the rye but I have not had white bread in soooo long that it was my splurge to myself ;)

onestar 01-15-2009 04:31 PM

now that's what i call initiative! good job on planning! go girl!

:yes:

michellenew 01-15-2009 04:36 PM

Great job for planning

ps your dh sounds like a very nice man! :carrot: