Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #16  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

When I was doing the low-fat thing I loved Optimum Slim, and ate it like candy! ♡ I quite liked Go Lean too, though not quite as much. But I always wished they'd take some of the sugar out. That much in products with "slim" and "lean" in their names? No wonder they taste so good! I used to mix a third to a half of a cup with plain wheat bran just to tone it down.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #17  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

The new"er" Fiber One with Cluster and Fiber One Raisin Bran are delicious and 14 g. of fiber per serving. THe calories SEEM high, but when you consider how you allocate your calories (and I get 1600 a day) it is reasonable with some 1% milk. I used to love Kashi Good Friends, but it disappeared, and the one they say IS THE SAME...sure isn't!
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #18  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Lightbulb

OH one more thing...oatmeal can be made quite tasty with some different additions. THen it isn't so bland and boring. It really is a blank slate for messing around with different flavour combos:

NOTE - use steel cut oats (sometimes also called scotch oats)- they take longer to cook, but are almost chewy, much more filling and take longer to eat!

Try some of the following:

1. add some vanilla, raisins, cinnamon and walnutes. Try a little diet maple syrup on it.

2. stir in mashed banana - add some walnuts - is like banana bread

3. try adding in Salba (chia seed) or hemp hearts ....sesame seeds - good change of texture

4. stir in applesauce and cinnamon or allspice

5. chop up some dried apricots. measure out the water you are going to use the night before and put them in that water to plump up..>I do the same with raisins. Stir them with with a bit of cinnamon and a touch of ground ginger.

6.. I have tried stirring in a bit of natural peanut butter and some SF strawberry jam..surprisingly good..works using a bit of honey instead of jam as well.

7. Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice

If you are feeling decadent and daring - add some semi-sweet chocolate chips and some dried cherries...as long as that doesn't set off a choco binge.
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #19  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I LOVE oatmeal and eat it on the weekends... but my morning are so freaking rushed that my daycare kids are often here before I get a chance to eat so my breakfast sits for a bit and I can't STAND congealed oatmeal... blerg.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #20  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
NOTE - use steel cut oats (sometimes also called scotch oats)- they take longer to cook, but are almost chewy, much more filling and take longer to eat!

Try some of the following:

1. add some vanilla, raisins, cinnamon and walnutes. Try a little diet maple syrup on it.

2. stir in mashed banana - add some walnuts - is like banana bread

3. try adding in Salba (chia seed) or hemp hearts ....sesame seeds - good change of texture

4. stir in applesauce and cinnamon or allspice

5. chop up some dried apricots. measure out the water you are going to use the night before and put them in that water to plump up..>I do the same with raisins. Stir them with with a bit of cinnamon and a touch of ground ginger.

6.. I have tried stirring in a bit of natural peanut butter and some SF strawberry jam..surprisingly good..works using a bit of honey instead of jam as well.

7. Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice

If you are feeling decadent and daring - add some semi-sweet chocolate chips and some dried cherries...as long as that doesn't set off a choco binge.

Oh, oh, oh - I am going to have to try these (especially 6 & 7). I eat steel cut oats most week mornings but usually just with raisins, walnuts, and a little almond milk.

I have had the Optimum Slim and it is good but I have a problem similar to rockinrobin - I just can't stop eating dry cereal. I can even overeat plain Raisin Bran so I really avoid dry cereal if possible.

Last edited by gina1221; 01-09-2009 at 06:37 PM.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Robin... 200 calorie breakfasts?? WOw. Please share what you eat!

I generally try and keep mine under 450... I eat oatmeal with pumpkin and flax, or eggs/turkey sausage/lite cheese/spinach on a whole grain english muffin, but I'd love new lower cal ideas. How long do you stay full/satisfied?

Thx
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #22  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Every single morning I eat Kashi Go Lean (no crunch), with a sprinkling of cinnamon, 1/2 oz of walnuts, and light vanilla soy milk. I LOVE it!!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #23  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

I love my cheerios lol
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
Mmmm, I wanna try that one
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #25  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
Robin... 200 calorie breakfasts?? WOw. Please share what you eat!

I generally try and keep mine under 450... I eat oatmeal with pumpkin and flax, or eggs/turkey sausage/lite cheese/spinach on a whole grain english muffin, but I'd love new lower cal ideas. How long do you stay full/satisfied?

Thx
I like to eat frequently, so a smaller calorie breakfast works for me. I am totally and completely satisfied. I have a small snack about 2 hours later, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more depending on my circumstances. At that point I am no where near starving, just *starting* to *maybe* get a tad hungry. I very rarely allow myself to get very hungry. Does NOT work for me. So, I do my best to avoid it.

My favorite - 2, 80 calorie fat free/sugar free yogurts which I partially freeze. I add in a little less then 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal. VERY satisfying.

- I make a "pancake" of 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3 egg whites with a bit of cinnamon & Splenda. Mix it all up and cook in a non-stick skillet, greased with cooking spray. Delicious!

-1/2 cup oatmeal cooked, with sugar free maple syrup and cinnamon and a 3 egg white omlette.

I've also been known occassionally to have a BIG salad for yes, that's right breakfast - romaine hearts, red onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, shredded carrots, cukes, with a 3 oz. can of tuna thrown in.

-Huge veggie saute - broccoli, mushrooms, onions, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, peppers, with an egg white omlette. Some weeks I'll make an enormous amount of veggies, enough for a whole weeks worth and have it all ready to go.

- And when I was still eating Kashi Go Lean, I'd have a 1/2 cup of that and a 1/2 cup of Fiber One mixed toegether with skim milk.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-10-2009 at 06:42 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote