Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #31  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! I am SO glad it is time to go home!!! I have a couple errands, then it's home to play w/ the dogs and hang out w/ dh.

nicolen--Good wine, now there is one way to appreciate hot temps!! I know....I will back off. I really thought I was doing ok, but I guess I better slow down a bit.

Eiluj--I got the idea (kashi in yogurt) from someone here...don't remember who. But it adds great crunch and helps fill me up! I know we are supposed to get more snow, but I don't think it is supposed to be anything major. It is REALLY cold, though.

I had one of those days that really reminds me (and makes me feel good) about why I do my job. I work in human services, so we LIVE for those days, certainly not for the pay!!!! It was really great.

Have a great evening! I'm sure I'll be around this weekend. Hoping for a fairly quiet weekend w/ dh.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #32  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

I have had a good week with the exeption of caving into popcorn at the show on Tuesday. I just haven't managed to overcome that smell..and I LOVE popcorn. At least I didn't have any butter on it..small victory I guess.

I have eaten breakfast every single day this week - steel cut oatmeal/raisins/walnuts/hemp hearts and have added bran and wheat germ..it is still quite edible HONEST! This breakfast thingy is a huge accomplishment for me because it means I HAVE to get up when the alarm goes off. I used to trade off breakfast for that extra twenty minutes.

Lunch has been trickier because I often end up working through my lunch hour. However I have taken hard boiled eggs, yogurts, Kashi bars, apples, mini carrots etc..things I can eat when I have a minute.

Dinners have been easier - mostly chicken or fish, with broccoli or other vegetables.

Evening snack is usually a 100 calorie bag of popcorn or a bowl of Fiber One raisin bran with 1%milk. I am managing to average 30 plus grams of fiber a day, and I have taken both my prescription meds and my supplements every single day and time too...BUT MAN AM I TIRED FROM THINKING ABOUT IT ALL THE DA** Time. I am sure it will get easier with practice.
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #33  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Just an observation - it is nice to be in a room where I see Hummus and brown rice, and Kashi etc. and have found people who don't screw up their noses when I talk about such things.

I have had sooooo many health issues in the past six years, that part of this journey is to work much harder on a whole/raw/organic foods type of diet. I have arthritis and fibro so I am always reading up on anti-inflammatory foods, foods that help with depression/ etc.

I have managed to greatly reduce my caffeine intake. I am gradually reducing my wheat which means finding some other cereals than my beloved Fiber Ones - 14 g fiber per serving, if I get really serious about it.
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #34  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
I have managed to greatly reduce my caffeine intake. I am gradually reducing my wheat which means finding some other cereals than my beloved Fiber Ones - 14 g fiber per serving, if I get really serious about it.
mollymom, there's a cereal called Puffins, from Barbara's Bakery, that doesn't have any wheat. I usually buy the cinnamon, but tonight they didn't have cinnamon so I bought original flavor:

90 calories, 1 gram fat, 5 gram fiber, 5 gram sugar per serving.

They're kinda like little crunchy pillows.

I'm averaging 44 grams of fiber per day, which makes it awesome that I feel so good. I have IBS and it can sometimes be a kicker!

My salad was brown and goopy when I got home, so I threw it out. Then I felt all out of sorts and a little queasy, so I tried the yogurt/Kashi combo and it was delicious! I highly recommend that one, and I give general thanks to the mystery person who discovered it!
Eiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...well, there's freezing rain going on where I live, so it's home we'll stay today. Need to put away all the xmas things. Here's my plan:

breakfast - egg white omlette with ketchup, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch - open face turkey on lite wheat bread, steamed carrots
snack - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana
dinner - cabbage soup with dollop of lite sour cream and garlic bread
snack - oatmeal, cinn, almond butter, 1/2 banana, skim milk

Eiluj - good job on all that fiber! Some times I take benefiber or eat fiber one cereal.

mollymom - I have been eating brown rice since 1979 when I got the Le Leche League cookbook, when my son was born. It is so so tastey. I agree! I love Kashi products too. I forget about popcorn...such a good snack. Thanks for the reminder.

Mj - enjoy your quiet weekend with the dogs and DH!

Nicolen - that is a GREAT plan of attach. Go girl!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-10-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #36  
Is too long. I sum up.

I'm not feeling too great today. I hope I can stay on plan and find things that will settle my stomach.

Breakfast: Puffins with skim milk.
Snack: Cottage cheese
Lunch: Lentil soup, carrots, and hummus.
Snack: ?
Dinner: ?
Snack: ?

As you can see, my planning for the day isn't so hot.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #37  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Today is OP day #10!

Eiluj - Hope you start feeling better quickly. Hey! I just noticed that your name is 'Julie' spelled backward. I'm a quick one, huh?

We are headed to Whole Foods and Trader Joes today. I'm so excited! These places are 45 minutes away, so we don't go often. I love getting a chance to restock my shelves with yummy nutritional foods. Mollymom - You won't see any nose scrunching out of me.

Hope you are having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #38  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello Friends!

no time for personals (I'll come do that later) It's our "dance" day and the girls have ballet, jazz, ballet... lol

Today is day 105 on plan. The scale says 313.6 (with my period a day or so away? I'll take it!) but my ticker changes tomorrow.

Plan for today
B- 1 cup optimum slim, 1/2 cup skim milk, banana
s- 2 sour dough wasa, 3 T hummus, kiwi
L- 1 cup mock crab, 2 cups cabbage, 1/4 cup almonds, 1 T tangerine lime dressing, all stir fried together
s- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, applesauce
D- salmon fillet, 2 cups roasted cauliflowers with 1 T evoo
s- 100 calorie popcorn, 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas

Have a great on plan day ladies!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #39  
Is too long. I sum up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today is OP day #10!

Eiluj - Hope you start feeling better quickly. Hey! I just noticed that your name is 'Julie' spelled backward. I'm a quick one, huh?

We are headed to Whole Foods and Trader Joes today. I'm so excited! These places are 45 minutes away, so we don't go often. I love getting a chance to restock my shelves with yummy nutritional foods. Mollymom - You won't see any nose scrunching out of me.
Congrats on day 10! "Julie" is always taken as a username, but "Eiluj" is just as easy for me to spell even if I have no idea how to pronounce it.

I've never been to a Whole Foods or a Trader Joes. It sounds like I should go.

cfmama, day 105? You rock, my dear. I'll have to check out optimum slim. I found the nutrition and the fiber is magnificent!

I'm feeling a bit better. I had some sweet corn for a snack and don't feel so blicky. When I was a child, my mother always gave me ginger ale when I was sick, so I always crave ginger ale when I feel like this.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #40  
mj5

Hi everyone! Just popping in quick to say hi. I'll catch up w/ everyone tomorrow. My knee is really sore today. I am going to go soak in a nice hot bath (w/ lots of bubbles, of course!) and see if that helps. Ice and even pain meds aren't helping at all.

No plan for tomorrow, other than catching up my calendars--still working off 12/08 calendars here, that just won't do!

Have a great night and stay warm (except for nicolen, you stay cool...)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #41  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everyone!

Much cooler here for the last few days - we're averaging in the mid 20s which is just about right, I think. I'm a bit late checking in today. I've had a bit of a lazy morning, but not lazy morning, if that makes sense. I went to the gym and did a work out, but apart from that I haven't done much at all except sit on the balcony reading. Oh well.

The house is looking tidy again - wonder how long that will last! I've got to iron my work uniform, but apart from that I'm pretty much set for the next week. I'm putting off the ironing for as long as I can - I hate ironing!

Julie, I'm pleased you're feeling better! Hope the bad weather wasn't too bad. I'm another one who didn't pick up on your name. I do much the same thing - Nicole is always taken, so I'm nicolen everywhere...

MJ, it's all about the wine! Hope your knee feels better soon.

Mollymom, it's always a good thing when people can actually identify what you're eating rather than doing the screwing up the nose and asking what rubbish is it that you're eating.

Beverley, hope the weather improves for you soon!

Rhonda, you're doing so well! Hope you had a good shopping trip.

Tammy, sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you!

The menu for the day is:

B - English muffin, vegemite and cheese.

S - plum and apricot

L - chicken salad sandwich

S - vegie sticks and hummus

D - roast lamb, new potatoes, asparagus, carrots, sweetcorn.

Stay warm and have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #42  
mj5

Good Morning!

Ok, all of this talk about hummus is making me want some! I am going to add it to the grocery list! Never thought I would be saying that!!!!

mollymom--I would say popcorn w/ no butter is a big victory! Great job. Congrats on eating breakfast everyday. That is something that I also struggle w/. Not so much a time issue, but I forget. I know, forget to eat, what's up w/ that???? I won't screw up my nose...that all sounds yummy to me!

Eiluj--Hope you are feeling better!!!

Beverlyjoy--Did you get your Christmas stuff put away? We are STILL working on it...although, most of what is left is really "snowman" stuff...so really, Winter--not just Christmas LOL!!!

Rhonda--CONGRATS on OP #10! That's awesome! Your reward is getting closer!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip. We don't have either of those stores anywhere near us, so I'll have to live vicariously through you.

cfmama--How was dance day?

nicolen--That sounds like a great day to me--ok temps, workout, reading. Perfect! We have wineries all around us. On our next vacation we are going to my favorite--I drink their wine fairly often, but haven't visited. Some friends want to do the whole rent a limo and "do the wine trail" Well, (part of one of them anyway) this summer. I have always wanted to do that and if you get enough people to share the expense and catch a 'deal' it isn't very expensive per person.

Yesterday was day 34 OP for me. It feels really good! I did go out for lunch for chinese w/ my mom and wat well, but I can totally feel the sodium today. I will drink LOTS of water today. I certainly don't want to mess up my weigh in tomorrow!!!!

My knee feels better this morning. Today is a "lazy" day for us, so hopefully that will help too!

Really no plans for today. The laundry is almost done--yea!!! There is chili in the crockpock (don't be too impressed, we actually started it yesterday!). We'll probably watch some football--I must say it looks AWESOME on the new tv! I am still reading Marley and Me, so I have that too. Yea, pretty much a lazy day!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #43  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

MJ - We are having chili today, too.

I'm actually doing some work today. I feel like I'm a bit behind on my accounts, so I'm trying to get them all caught up. I'm hoping this will enable me to work shorter days this week and get a chance to workout.

Our trip to Whole Foods was fun. We picked up some staple items...ww cousous, quinoa, steelcut oats, good ww pastas, etc. We also picked up some nice organic curry sauces and a big box of clementines.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #44  
Is too long. I sum up.

The stomachache seems to be gone today, though I haven't tried eating anything yet. I need to, but I'm a little afraid. With as little as I ate yesterday, I still gained half a pound. Bodies are weird.

I think I'll put some chicken and carrots and onion soup mix in the crockpot for some lunches this week. I always like that combination. I wish I could use real onions, but they don't agree with me at all. My digestive system is unnecessarily cantankerous!

MJ, I think you can leave snowman stuff up until spring!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #45  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Dance day was long. LONG LONG LONG.

My grandma`s dying.. probably soon... like tonight or tomorrow... I have my menu plan but it`s across the house from me and I lack the energy to get it. Thinking of you all. Have a great on plan day tomorrow
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote