Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I think it really depends on your body- if you've still got plenty to lose, then it will still react well to a weight loss plan. However, if you've already lost a lot and that means you're getting closer to your goal, you're going to have a harder time usually.

I've noticed my body is responding more slowly to my plan, just after having gone from 290 to 230.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 AM   #17  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I am trying to think this through. For me the last weight loss of significance involved one of those programs where you go to the center each week and weigh in etc etc.....

The most successful weight loss was not that one but the one where I learned new behaviors (I guess I was too young to realise at the time that once I was done the weight did not automatically stay off.) I did not have a clue about maintaining and I got into the groove of not treating myself to home cooked meals and keeping a watch on what was going in my mouth all the time.

So for me I just have to remember to stay vigilant about losing. I have to work each day to stay on plan and really evaluate what I did or did not do to satisfy myself. I am very lucky in some respects that I am only responsible for myself....meaning my kitchen and my cooking are all geared around my diet.

I also have to stay vigilant because I realised how much of an emotional eater I am. I finally saw that light a week or so ago when I decided to wrestle some Kettle Chips to the end because something was not going my way. In fact I can see myself with the bag but now have no clue why I ate it all.

I feel like I am on watchdog mode all the time. It really is like I have this other little voice in my head saying "Uh Uh Uhhhhh don't do it." While I grab the triscuits and cream cheese and go at it.

But this time I think I am seeing the learned behaviors and moving past them. I am not killing myself for not being perfect but am trying to look back on each incident and determine what was the reason for my failure. I am also trying to read a lot more about weight loss and addressing the emotional side.

Whew....that was a lot to say and I am not sure if I really answered but it felt good to get it all out in the open.

Last edited by DollyR; 01-05-2009 at 02:58 AM.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It's easier to get complacent and lax, I think. As in, not pay attention because you "know" how. Unfortunately, losing 5 pounds still takes just as long the second time as the first time.

On the other hand, once you actually get back on plan, it's a lot easier to stay on because it's second nature. You know that if you stick with it, it will work.

Definitely a balancing act.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote