Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 11:00 PM   #31  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Steven, thanks for the kind words. And I am moving on. But REALLY, it was me who slipped up. Only I am in control. Does that Sunday menu look like that of someone who was trying in the least?? I'm not saying that I need to be perfect, You know I don't believe that, look at my moto. But geez a whole week of those menus. I can do MUCH better than that. I just need to try. I wasn't trying at ALL. No water, no exercise and lots of bad, bad food. There is no excuse for not trying at all. A bad day yes...a couple a bad days yes. A whole week of who gives a damn and lying to myself that its ok. NO, it's not ok.

It's time for bed and I am happy with myself. Drank lots of water, made decent food choices. No butt moving, but we're not going for perfection here!!

Jiff - Good luck with your watch. It doesn't sound wierd...whatever works!!

BA - She returns!! Sounds like you had a great time! Sorry to hear that your family is moving away, but it sounds like a much needed opportunity. And don't worry missy...you won't get too far ahead of me. Got my head on straight again!

Derby - Welcome back!! Walking the vegas strip...that's great. I'm so excited for you. I CANNOT wait to see some before and after pictures. A bit of inspiration!!

Jennifer - I know you can do 10 days!! Go...Go...Go. Rolls, hmmmm I can't even imagine what life will be like without them!!

PNG - Good job on being OP!! 3 days...I'm impressed!!

Tammy - Glad you dropped in...how's it going?

Jennelle - Is your eye any better. Such fun, eh???

Bella - 6 inches!! WAY TO GO!!! You just keep it up! We are all so proud of you!!

Nasus - I think you are sooo right. It is all in your mind. I'm glad it's working for you!!

Hi to Gayle, Jen and Gbo!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 11:55 PM   #32  
gbo

Steven..... Sometimes you have to be hard on yourself just to get to the truth of who you are and what you are doing to yourself. I personally am a bread freak and love to bake it from scratch as well. Last night I allowed myself two slices of bread that is not on my plan. It was a bad choise and MY mind (who I am as a personality) is the director of my body. An old metaphusical saying that I found to be most accurate goes ....As above , so below. As the mind goes, so goes the body. That My dear is the greatest statement of truth I have ever heard. To be tough on ones self does not mean to torture yourself it means to kick yourself once or twice (as needed) and move on. To face yourself fully and honestly is the first step to a happy and fulfilling life. I am very strict with me because I need that firm hand. It is the most loving gift I can give to myself. No More bull and excuses for me. I gave myself excuses( Like I am big boned until a car accident forced me to know I am small boned) and so much lea way. Don't be hard on yourself I would say I am fat and happy. What bunk. Does that mean I am not basically a happy person? Of course not!!!! I am by nature but I to know the dark side of depression I have had many reasons to in this life. That is no excuse either. I have a dear friend who gets upset just so she can drink. It is all up to us what we do with ourselves and life.
Personally, I was shut down by a very real and serious illness that kept me near bedfast from the age of 31 to my present 48 years and I learned what it is to not have a choise. What I would have given to vacuum my own floors, clean my own house, care for my family. I am free now to do all those things and I am wallowing in the freedom. Take your pills! Pardon my french but a hard *** is olny a person afraid to fail in their own eyes as well as the eyes of others. It is an armor , nothing more. It deprives you of the joy and freedom to be yourself. The beautiful being inside. You are that beautiful man inside give yourself the freedom to be him. Make your choises well my friend life rolls by with you or without you, it waits on no one and soon the years have flown by and there you are...still. God bless you and keep you. Take your pills and love yourself enough to give you a bit of happiness and serenity. Take care Steven. May joy be your constant companion.

BELLA - Great !!!!! All those inches! Congrats to the max and expect the scale to show the muscles a little. Muscle is what burns fat and the more you have the faster you burn. I know how you feel, the dress I am wearing right now was just below my knees now this puppy is to the floor!!!!!!!! Roll ON.
Pam
Old 05-07-2002, 11:58 PM   #33  

Back fat!!! My two 'biggest' fans...they're sticking to me like glue!! I'm not getting rid of them anytime soon!! ~ Jennifer, I'm having a love affair with oranges at the moment!! That's what I eat in the evenings if I get hungry! ~ I don't doubt in the least that you can make 10 days on plan. No problem!!! ~

Sandi, welcome back! I know what you mean about allowing a day or two to stretch into a week! Only, unfortunately, I know how they can stretch into a month...and a year!! Great job on hopping right back on the wagon!!

Jiffy, as soon as you find that binge with a timer on it, CALL ME!!! The watch is a good idea. Some of us really need a lot of structure till things get ingrained! Good thinking.

PNG, you stud you!!! I read the butt movers thread...YOU GO GIRL!! I promised you I would do Richard several days ago...guess what...I still haven't done it!! See...never trust me!

Beth Anne! What a great, great vacation you had. Fab, girl! Congrats! YOU LOST 2.8 LBS ON VACATION!!!

Derby, that is SOOO awsome that your vacation went so smoothly! And the airline seatbelt...WA-HOOOOO! I know what you mean...the last time I flew ('87), I BARELY fit...and I mean there was a lot of sucking in and pushing of fat, let me tell you!! So, I'm very happy for you! This must be a whole new life for you!

Tammy, welcome! Come in and post often...it REALLY helps.

Jennelle, what a lovely gift upon arising!! I love Jennifer's response!

Pryia, Steve, Jen, Bella, Belle, Sue and whomever else I'm missing...good days tomorrow. Steve...pick a plan, any plan...

Love,
Old 05-08-2002, 12:15 AM   #34  

Wow, Pam...that was great. Boy, did I need to read that!! I am always inspired by you. Thanx.

Love,
Old 05-08-2002, 10:16 AM   #35  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Well we went out for dinner, and ice cream after, last night, but regardless, I don't think I did too bad... I've been kicking serious arse on the working out, and been more towards the minimum of my cals for days.... we've decided that instead of the 5 days on, 2 off, we're going to have one free day every 2 weeks, right around payday... (so, that still keeps me OP, even though I think I was a few cals over.... right?) maybe that will work out better for us...

I don't know what's gotten into me, but I LIKE it, I woke up at 5:30 this morning, instead of 6, and instead of heading for the puter, like normal, I worked out for 45 minutes.... HARD, jumped rope, tried to do the treadmill, but gave up after 10 minutes of it sticking, need some silicone spray for it I guess, did 15 minutes of step, then 110 crunches, regular, 3-point, 10 fast pulses, on the floor with legs and hips elevated, and reverse, holding my ball betwixt ankles and thighs... then I did squats and stretching...whooohooo, (and I still got more for later!)

Beth Anne, Welcome back, glad you had a great vacation, and congrats again on the ribbon... glad you're back

Gayle, NO Richard??? You're gonna make me cry... or kick you in the butt...hehe, oh well, just make it a point to make it today

Pam, WHOA, maybe where I've failed with Steven, you'll succeed! I wanna straighten up after reading that...

Sandi, Glad to see you're getting yourself back on track...even if you DID have to beat yourself up to do it!

Well, I'm off to the rest of these threads, this board is on FIRE this week, I love it!
Old 05-08-2002, 10:40 AM   #36  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Pam - WOW!! If I wasn't inspired...I am now. You have said so many things, but what struck me the most was "I am very strict with me because I need that firm hand" That is totally me, except usually I am not strict with myself. I give mtself privilege after privilege, but what I realy need is a firm hand.

Thank you for your awesome post!!

Am totally on track this morning, drinking my water and counting those points.!!

Love, hugs and kisses to everyone!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 01:14 PM   #37  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Water = UGH!

How do we do this every day?? Drinking my water has just been SO hard lately... I can hardly swallow it. So I let myself have some Crystal Light last night and today... hopefully a small variety will help. I did water it down big time though!

Today is a GREAT day. I'm FINALLY getting my performance review/evaluation this friday, and along with that comes the $$$! THEN I found out that work will reimburse me $60 for every 12 weeks I go to WW, which is good news too! So it seems that all the pieces are falling into place.

I didn't go to the gym this morning, But considering I've earned 20 exercise points in the last 2 days, and I'm supposed to do 2-4 a day, I think I'm allowed a break! Hopefully I can get my butt out of bed tomorrow morning!

Well, work is crazy... which always happens when you go away on vacation. I'm glad to be busy again, but I'm missing my afternoon nap big time!!

have a great one girlies..
BA
Old 05-08-2002, 03:20 PM   #38  

PNG, I still haven't done Richard...I was so busy cleaning my apt (hiding the dirt) and helping mom move chairs in her living/dining room and shopping that my back is REALLY strained! But, what I did yest was definitely exercise for me!! ~~ And, I ALWAYS give myself a day most every week as a free day. It works perfectly for me! Last night I had more fat grams than I usually allow myself, but the calories were within my day's allowance...and I ate the pentultimate comfort meal!! I will definitely be very careful for the rest of the week...and, yes, I think you may be working of some calories there, girl!! Great job. You're the club's workout queen!...oops, sorry...GAWDESS!!

Sandi, I really got inspiration from Pam's post, too. I hope she wasn't only writing that to Steven, cause I took some, too!! ~~ You're doing a super job getting back to it!

Beth Anne! That is GREAT news on the job front!! Awsome. I'm so happy for you! ~~ I guess you DID earn a rest from the gym today!! PNG is proud of you!! And so am I! ~~ The watered down Crystal Lite sounds like a good idea. If I ever find myself with that problem I'll use it for sure.

Have good OP days, everybody!

Today is a WW frozen thing for lunch, and grilled chicken breast tonite. Mom's cooking and I don't know what veggies she will cook. I took a lady from here at the apt bldg to PT this morn. While she was in there, I did errands and walked through our huge grocery store, so I have moved...kinda!

Gonna close...see ya later,
Old 05-09-2002, 09:18 AM   #39  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Auto Pilot

I feel like CRAP. I have no idea what's wrong with me, and I can't really put a finger on it. My stomach is funky, my joints hurt, I have a headache, sort of generalized yuck. Maybe I'm getting the flu, but my nose and my ears seem fine (usually the first warning sign)... I have no idea, I just feel gross.

ANYWAY, YESTERDAY WAS AN AWESOME DAY!! Here's why.

#1 GREG GOT A JOB OFFER!! He will start permanently June 1st. Whooopeee!!!
#2 MY REVIEW IS FRIDAY!! (tomorrow) Finally the raise/promotion/transfer that has been due to happen since the end of January.
#3 We found a potential apartment where we can keep my dog.. we're going to look at it tonight. Saying my prayers big time about that.
#4 I found out work will reimburse me 50% of my Weight Watchers classes for every 12 I attend. Hooray!
#5 We got new cell phones (had to shut the old ones off because we couldn't afford the bill).. with a REALLY good deal, and free nationwide long distance (which will really help in the grand scheme of things with mom and dad shuttle-ing back and forth to Pennsylvania.
#6 My friend bought me 1 point hamburger buns, so now I can have my boca burger on a bun for only 2 points
#7 My Light N Tasty cookbook finally came...
#8 I got to chat with PNG on the phone

Bad Things Yesterday:
#1 Greg's mom gave him a COMPLETELY undeserved guilt trip (typical for her, she seems to think that the phone only works one way.. so even if we call and leave a message, we "never call them".)
#2 The accident (Gym Parking Lot Incident) is going to be my fault, but at least I will only get 2 points added to my license for it.
#3 One of the girls in the program my sister is at in Italy was raped by an Italian man. She's doing ok, but is coming home next Tuesday. I think all the girls are shaken up pretty badly. My sister has been incredible though, in helping this girl out, etc. If you are the praying type, say a prayer for her and my sister..

I also forgot to mention that Greg got me a "Hooray for you Losing Weight" present... He bought me an Ab-Tronic belt.. One of those abdomenal muscle "shocker" thingys.

Well its a new day... I think I'm just really nervous about the apartment tonight... It's PERFECT. I'm trying not to get my hopes up to high. Oh, how do I know its perfect?? Well 2 of our closest friends used to live on the second floor, so we are well acquainted with the house, the neighborhood, the landlord... etc.

Hope you guys all have a GREAT OP Day!
Old 05-09-2002, 10:32 AM   #40  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Well, I'm not as ON as I was yesterday... but I did get my crunches and arm exercises out of the way already....got up late, cuz I was up until 1am

Welp, today is payday, and it's almost Friday, doesn't get any better than that...well, unless I was to get a bonus

Beth Anne: Sowwy you're feeling ick... that time of year, when things are getting nice, but we all have to take turns being sick, it's just NOT fair! I'm SO glad everything is looking up for ya... wouldn't you just LOVE to tell the MIL to stuff it?
Awful about that poor girl, but at least it seems that your sister is taking good care of her...

It was REALLy cool to talk with ya yesterday, have to do it again sometime!

Gayle: Rest up that back, don't let it end up like mine...(I'm 2" shorter than I used to be, ebcause of back injuries from working in the steel mills)

Im soooooo tired, zzzzzzzzzzzz must finish my first quart of water, so I can have my coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 05-09-2002, 10:52 AM   #41  

Angry Hi there!

I am new here, but not new to needing to loose more than
100 lbs. I have been posting on 3fc for several weeks now, but on buddy up. Hi! velvet, your the only one here I know so far, but hope to get to know everyone, and how your all doing. I started out at 345 lbs in Jan. 2. I am down to 290 lbs. I just joined curves (womenn's exercise place) and really enjoy that. I set a short time goal of 285 by 5/10/02, but I am not going to make it, but I am o.k. with that. I have done good. I will set another new goal tom. I use weight commander, and have enjoyed that as well. My goal is 165lbs. But I take little steps, then it isn't so over whelming. I just wanted to introduce myself, and say hi!
PNG2- you sound like the work out goddess, with all the crunches and stuff, that water does go down hard before coffee.
Bethanne - sorry to feel your not feeling well, lots of viruses going around, at least in New York. Good luck with your MIL sand the apt. Velvet- It was great im-ing you, we have so much in common. Love the picture. Pray everyone has a great day and stays op!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 11:52 AM   #42  

Welcome, Sue!! I'm so glad you came in and posted. This is a GREAT club!! You'll love it...we are a big (as Seinfeld would say, "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." and I do mean it in EVERY sense of the word! ), diverse, looney and losing crowd!

BA, sorry you are 'oogie' (thanks, Steven, I use that all the time now!). Hope you're starting to feel better. Maybe it is the C...A...double F...E...I...N...E...! Start brewing! ~~ I'm terribly sorry to hear of what your sis is going through. And her friend...there are not words...I already have, and will be, praying for them and you here worrying abt your sis. ~~ The 'good' list is awsome! Good for you. Good things happen to good people...Now for the 'bad' list...it can ALWAYS get worse, so that isn't TOOOO bad!

PNG, I had to duck out quickly this morning, but I was going to pop in to IM and tell you that I love Nelson's Ledges, too. It is gorgeous there. Not too far away...maybe I should take a ride there for the both of us...hmmmm...we'll see!

Jennifer, is your shoulder area feeling any better? What did you do to yourself... now, be NICE!!

Hi to everyone.

Love,
Old 05-09-2002, 11:39 PM   #43  
gbo

I am most happy to be of help to one and all. I know I can be rather long winded but as hard as I try to keep it short..... well, sometimes I have a mouth full to say. I care what happens with everyone here as I have lived this myself for so very long. I do not want that for all of you. Also God has placed me in a position to spend years thinking and examining myself, my life, my strengths and weaknesses. I was not over concerned about my large size, other than off and on for many years.I have paid that debt of ignoring my precious body and life. It will never happen again. The years slid by and now here I am still. Only now fighting this battle in earnest. My friends as large as I am now my top weight at the age of 16 was 475. Yes 475. So many yearsI have spent trapped in a prison of flesh. Unable to be the person I am , do the things I would have liked to do so much and avoided more than I care to remember. I learned in my twenties to walk through my fears, thank God, but the real diva I am has never been fully expressed. I am an RG (real girl ) from head to toe. Linen and lace and leather and lace. I love life even if I am on the outside looking in. If you check my spring time weather reports in LOw carb ( Misc. Clubs) I sure that is quite clear. I had gone down to 238 and maintained it until injured. A few years on my back took a heavy toll. Literally. At 48 I want to make the most of each and every precious day of life. I want that for all of you too. So thank you for your patience and kind words. As I love to laugh you all certainly give me a healthy dose of laughter and support in this journey. Thank you all.
Pam
Old 05-10-2002, 07:49 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I am back to work since Monday. I miss my baby so much. But other than that it seems to be going good. I had to quit breatfeeding and pump always but since have pretty much quit that too. She would not latch on anymore since she got a bottle at daycare. I also was only getting about 3 ozs when pumping and decided to quit. Yesterday was a hard day. I went to work and went home around 11:00 because I could not stay awake anymore. It was awful. My 6 week check up was Wednesday and everything seems to be normal but I am depressed alot of the time so he gave me some anti-depressants. I told him it was the family problems I have been having with the husband. He seems to have straightened up but I am still worried about my feelings toward him. The good thing about the pills is it makes me really thirsty and have to drink 2-4 jugs of water which is 32ozs each jug. Well I will post more later if I am home early enough and not sleeping. Got to get all the sleep in between as I can. Not sleeping well at night. Last night was the first good nights sleep I have had in a while. Went to bed at 10:30 and slept till 1 am when baby needed to be fed and was back to sleep by 1:30 got up at 5:30 to be at work by 6 am. That was a good nights sleep.

Take care all and I will post more.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:47 AM   #45  

Not much has been happening on my end. I wasn't op yesterday, but didn't go far over. O'well.

At the gym yesterday, I decided to get in the tanning bed and burnt only the area that doesn't usually see sun. And does it ever hurt today!!!

Bethanne- Be carefull with that belt. I have seen a few studies on tv about them and they say that they don't work and arn't good for you. Take care with them!! Great job for all the accomplises you had yesterday. They outnumber the bad things.

Hi to the rest of you, hope you all have a great day.

Bella23
Closed Thread