Old 12-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability / Menu / Planning Dec 29-Jan 4

Do you need some accountability? A place to list your menu or plan? Then this is the place for you!!! Come on over!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! Luckily our power wasn't out for too long yesterday, long enough to take a little nap though....

I had a drs appt this am and I am still up about 6lbs from my pre-surgery weight. I was really frustrated, but the dr said it will take some time to get back down to 'normal'. It's only a number, right?! On top of that, our scale is broken, so I have to go pick up a new one today after work. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but I signed up for the next Biggest Loser contest again and I have to weigh in by this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am feeling ok, a little tired, but ok.

I am going to go to the gym to ride the bike, even if I can only do a few minutes tonight. I need to get back into my routine. Of course, I don't want to push myself too much, either.

I'm sure I'll be back around later...
Old 12-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #3  
mj5

Well I made it through my first day back! I'm glad this is another short week! I am at the gym, on the bike. I'm taking it easy, but wanted to get a little exercise in. Hope everyone is ok! Pop in when you can.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey MJ and everyone else

I've had a good day today. Got to the gym early and managed a solid 35 minute workout. I got a shock by how much my fitness had slipped, but things can only get better. I think I stick with the early morning workouts while I can - it was a case of needs must as my gym's only open during the mornings till after new year - but I found that my energy levels were great throughout the day.

Work - still at the same place and still doing the same job. It's going well. We've had some difficult times and we're not doing too well in the current economic crisis, but who is. Reality is, my job's not going to be at risk barring an absolute catastrophe - one of the advantages for working for a multi national. We're quiet at the moment - Christmas and middle of summer. I've got to work tomorrow, then it's a 4 day weekend. Bliss!

The menu for the day was:

Breakfast - before gym: 2 pieces of toast with low fat cheese slices and vegemite

Breakfast - after gym: 4 dried apricots, 8 cashew nuts

Snack: 1 medium peach

Lunch: Teriyaki chicken, rice, leftover stirfry from last night

Dinner: is going to be something cold - it's currently 30 degrees (Celsius) at the moment and that oven ain't being switched on. I've got some leftover shaved ham and some salad. That'll do.

Tomorrow - I'm hitting the gym early and, well, we'll see how things go from there...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 AM   #5  
mj5

Good Morning!

Nicolen--So glad you found us here again! Welcome back! It's been a little quiet, but it will pick up again. I have to work today and tomorrow (although they usually send us home early on NYE), then I have four days off! If I could send you some coolness I would...it is really cold and windy here!

Alrighty, so I bought a new scale last night... NOT happy w/ the # that is showing up....I was just weighed at the drs office yesterday and although I wasn't terribly happy w/ that # either, it was better than the # I just saw!!! Anyway, it's just a #, right?! I am going to wait a few days before I change my ticker, but if that is the 'real' number, then whatever....Yesterday was day 32 OP, I am counting these last few days even though I couldn't exercise, since it was a drs order.

My belly is sore today, so I am wearing workout pants to work. It will be an ultra casual day for me! I don't have any appts or anything. I'll let my supervisor know when I get to work, not that she will care--she'd rather have me there, than worry about what I am wearing!

I am planning another short visit to the gym tonight...I have my nieces bday party tonight so I need to be home in time for that.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks....Home Sweet Home! It's nice to be back home. It's always nice to go away....always nice to come back home. I had a wonderful visit with our DS, DIL & GS. It does my heart good to see what wonderful parents they are. And..well...I could go on and on about my Grandson, Alex - but, I'll just leave it at he is wonderful.

The scale says time to get back to food sanity!! So here is my plan for today:

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, apple sauce

lunch - tuna salad sandwich, open face, green beans

snack - baked apple and cheese slice

dinner - tomato soup, cheese toast, salad

snack - cereal, raisins, milk

stretches
LOTs of water
meditation
log food
PMA

MJ - darn that new scale!!!!!!!! Also, that doctor's scale. Remember...every scale says something different. YOU KNOW how you've been doing. I know you do this...but, try to remember it's a number. You've been doing so, so well - try and carry on from where your new scale says. I am sorry you're a bit sore. I hope it calms down soon. Be careful at the gym - don't overdo.

Hi Nicolen...welcome. you've got a good plan. So glad you posted.

Everyone...have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-30-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #7  
Nicole

Morning everyone!

OK, I haven't made it to the gym this morning because I overslept. I'm not overly happy with myself, but it's Wednesday and when I was on plan, Wednesday was a rest day. I'm just going to treat today as a rest day, and to be honest I'm quite sore, so that's probably not a bad thing!

My weight is up today by 4 lbs. I'm not sure whether it's the Christmas indulgence catching up with me or whether I'm retaining fluid. It's so hot here at the moment that I'm drinking a lot of water and there's really not that much coming out the other end! Apologies for the TMI, but yesterday I drank 2.5L of water and had a can of diet coke, so nearly 3L of fluid in total.

I'm going shopping after work - I've got approximately $100 in vouchers from a particular shopping centre for my birthday and Christmas, so I'm going to spend them! I'm tossing up between gym shoes, since mine are looking a bit sad or having a splurge at a bookstore for books and DVDs - they're offering 20% off both at the moment. I'll have a look at both and see who's got the best offer.

The menu for the day.

B - Toast with vegemite and low fat cheese slices

S - 2 apricots

L - teriyaki chicken and rice

S - 8 cashews

D - will grab subway or sushi at the shopping centre - probably subway.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Last edited by nicolen; 12-30-2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm here. Dealing with the littles who are ALL sick and on antibiotics and the snot is flying. It's nasty.

I have food sanity though so that's good!

mj5- 32 days ON PLAN!!!! Awesome!!!!
Beverlyjoy- it sounds like you really enjoyed your visit
Nicolen- it sounds like you are retaining fluid. It will eventually flush out. Keep drinking!!!

Day 95 on plan for me Oh and I made it into the 3-teens!!! 319.6!!!

plan for today
B- fiber one honey clusters, skim milk, banana
s- apple and yogurt
L- leftover turkey veggie soup, 2 Laughing cow wedges, 2 sour dough wasa
s- orange, almonds
D- ham and cheese quesadilla with sour cream and salsa
s- 100 calorie popcorn, fruit cup

have a great on plan day my friends!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:08 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning! Just have to get through today, then off for four days! YIPPEE!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like an awesome visit! I agree, it is good to go away, but always good to get home too!

nicolen--Sounds like fluid retention to me too...drink lots of water!

cfmama--Wow, you just can't catch a break, can you! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Anyone have any plans for NYE? Dh and I aren't doing much--he has to work tomorrow, so just hanging out at home tonight, which is fine w/ me!

Schmoodle, Lyn, Rhonda, Ginger, and everyone else who stops by--hope you are doing well!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #10  
Nicole

Happy New Year, everyone!

Yesterday was another good day. I ended up getting sent home at lunchtime because we're sooo quiet. That'll change next week - there's a very good reason why we call the first Monday of the year **** day. It's our busiest day of the year on the phones barring disasters. That's life, and it's always an achievement to get it out the way.

I went shopping and got some new gym shoes. I looked at the bookstore and there really wasn't that much that appealed enough to buy. In saying that, I did buy a DVD at 25% off the normal price. Anyway, the gym shoes worked out to be a good price - they were already had 10% off, I had $100 of mall vouchers and a $50 voucher from the shop, so a $250 pair of shoes cost me $75. I'm not complaining about that!

I had an interesting experience at Subway. I went to pay for it and their eftpos went down. There's a bank next door, so I offered to go and get the cash out the money machine and they said it was fine, that it'd be back up in a second or 2. The machine didn't come back up and around 3 minutes or so in, they ended up giving me my lunch for free! Really good customer service - I ordered the lunch and was obviously more than prepared to pay for it, but even though the issue wasn't anything they caused, they really went above and beyond what they needed to do. Mainly because the woman behind me was moaning about the rubbish customer service in having to wait...

I also got my hair cut yesterday. I'm really not sure about this. My hair was down to approximately my waist and now it just touches my shoulders! Really scary seeing the huge chunks of hair hitting the floor. It's still long enough to pull back and put up, which is what I wanted.

New Years Eve was pretty quiet. The friends that I'd normally spend it with are out of town, so I really couldn't be bothered doing anything else. Spent it with a book and a glass of diet coke. It was good, though!

MJ, how are you feeling today. 32 days OP is fantastic stuff!

CFmama, hope the little ones are on the improve. Considering the stress that must cause, you're doing an awesome job of sticking to plan.

Enjoy your day everyone! 2009 has dawned hot and sunny here, so I'm going to put the washing on and go for a walk before the temperature gets too high - it's supposed to top 30 again today!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #11  
mj5

Happy New Year's Eve!

Nicolen--You found some great bargains, that's awesome! I'm ok, I'm still sore, but I guess that is to be expected...it's only been a week since surgery, even if it was fairly minor surgery...

Hope you are all doing well!

Dogs are barking, so I have to go...they probably just want to play in the snow, but that's ok, for a few mins anyway!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #12  
mj5

Happy New Year! Yea, so I didn't make it until midnight, did you?! I came close, but I was warm and snuggly w/ the dogs and dh....and fell asleep. Oh well, that's ok!

I let myself have a few snacks last night (planned for it, so it was ok), BUT I do not feel that great today. I totally know better!!! Oh well, I'll have dh take the leftovers to work today.

I did go grocery shopping yesterday and stocked up on all the healthy, good stuff again. It's nice to open the cupboard/refrigerator and have LOTS of healthy choices!

Beverlyjoy, Rhonda, Schmoodle, Sara, Lyn, Ginger--pop in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

nicolen--How are you spending your long weekend?

I was hoping to do a little bargain shopping this weekend, but the weather is kind of icky, so we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends! Happy New Year to you all. Last night we went to dinner with my mom and aunt at our favorite Chinese restaurant. It was lovely and I didn't eat too much, thankfully.

I am so glad the 'holiday season' is over. Last year...I went through it without a gain in weight. This year was different. But...thankfully, every day is a new beginning.

Today we are going to a Rose Bowl Party at my cousin's house. I am taking a veggie tray...so, I will have food to munch on.

breakfast - cheese toast, applesauce
lunch - open face turkey, green bean salad
snack - baked apple
dinner - saurkraut and pork, veggies and dip
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

MJ - how are you feeling? I hope the soreness is going away. Good for you...getting the healthy stuff in the house. It helps when its right there.

Nicolen - sounds like you are setting yourself up for success! New gym shoes rock. Oh my...cutting your hair! That's major. Mine is down my back too...but, I always wear it in a ponytail or bun in the back.

CFmama - I am so glad you got thru the holidays OP. Good for you!!!!

Everyone have a GREAT op day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I'm back again!
Thanks for keeping the ball rolling mj and nicole!
We're back in the deep freeze here. It was soooo windy and cold last night.
We brought the new year in with some friends last night. We had 5 kids running around, ages 5 - 12, and they all made it to midnight easily. Dinner was sooo good, beef tenderloin and lobsters, and I pigged out. For the last time for a while hopefully. We got home around 1:30 but I couldn't get to sleep. I know I saw 3:30 roll around. So not too energetic today. DD is playing on the computer, and DH is still asleep, I think. I'm going to try to take down the tree, and make some stock from the lobster bodies and shells for a bisque. I want to go through the kitchen and throw out any leftover non-beachy foods. Dinner at my mom's later, which should be on-plan, but otherwise no big plans. Back on Phase I for me today! Feels like a huge relief. I've missed you guys.

B: split pea soup with ham, coffee with milk
L: mashed cauliflower, leftover beef
S: latte, almonds
D: pork loin roast, sauerkraut, black-eyed peas, McCain's diet fudge soda for dessert
S: NSA fudgesicle

mj, good luck hunting bargains this weekend! I've been keeping my eyes open, but no scores so far. Except a few outdoor Christmas decor things I ordered for next year.
BJ, glad you are on the mend from your surgery.
Enjoy your sunny and warm New Year's Day nicole! What is it you do?
cfmama, hope your gang is all better soon.
Happy New Year to all, and may 2009 be all you wish it to be!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning Friends and Happy New Year!

We spent our New Year's Eve at home with the girls. We played some games on the Wii and watched the ball drop with Dick Clark. Hubby grilled some ribeyes for dinner with fries. And, I had two...two!..pieces of cheese cake. My evening ended with just one margarita.

I am back on plan. I'm doing a SB phase 1.5 and tracking calories on Daily Plate. I also bought a journal and will start writing down my thoughts. On the last season of Biggest Loser, one of the trainers asked a contestant...who had been quite successful at losing a large amount of weight....what had she learned about herself. He was quite concerned that she had not invested time in learning who she is and what brought her to the point of obesity. From my stalled weight loss progress and lack of committment, it would seem that I have much to learn about myself. I've heard that journaling can help me, so I'm giving it a shot.

Work has been over-the-top busy. I'm very ready for things to slow down again. Hopefully, we'll see that point by February. In the meantime, I need to make a schedule with Hubby so that I can get some gym time and make a schedule for meals. No more off-plan quick meals!

My plan for today is to organize the pantry and plan some menus. I also have a ton of cleaning to do, so exercise won't be a problem.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote