Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #16  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning lovely ladies!

I'm sitting here watching the sun come up at the moment. It's going to be another very hot day here. It's a bit of a worry, actually - we're in a drought and everywhere's so very dry and brown....

Another good day yesterday. I went and got some fruit and veg in and got a fantastic deal on tomatoes - a 4KG box of them for $7. So I spent yesterday defrosting the deep freeze and skinning and freezing most of those. They'll be fantastic later on in the year for soups and stews. I've kept out enough for salads for the next week. Actually, I must sit down and plan the menu for the next week or so at some stage today...

The gym's not open at the moment and I'm really craving exercise, so I'm going to go down to the pool when it opens and go for a swim. I think it opens at 7am, but I'll double check that in a few minutes.

MJ, have you been affected by those terrible storms I'm seeing on the news every night? Someone on another forum I belong to posted pictures of the snow at her house and the amount was just unreal! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Beverley, well done at the Chinese restaurant! Have fun at your party!

Schmoodle, sounds like you've got a busy day planned. Hopefully you'll have the chance to have some quiet time or an early night. I work in the claims department for an insurance company, and we're coming off a very tough year or 18 months - we introduced a new computer system and with the financial crisis, people have been claiming a lot more which kept us unbelievably busy. Still, it's over now

Rhonda, good luck with the meal planning and cleaning!

Have a fantastic day, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
I work in the claims department for an insurance company
We work in the same field. I help set up the new accounts for processing and we have a new audit system. This time of year is crazy hectic, huh?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #18  
Nicole

Yup, that would definitely keep you busy, Rhonda!

Actually, being summer this is our quiet time of the year. In theory, there's no storms etc to cause property damage. That's not always the case, but so far, so good this summer.

And since I forgot to post my menu before - here goes!
B – yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries

S – vegie sticks (celery) and tzatziki

L – pita, hummus, tzatziki, salad, a piece of fruit (to be decided between apricot, raspberries, blueberries)

S – crackers with cottage cheese and cucumber

D – Bacon chicken melt, salad, carb of some kind (thinking oven baked potato wedges)
Old 01-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #19  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hey all! Everyone here is improving... thank goodness!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Nicolen--I missed that you said you got your hair cut, wow, that's a lot! I bet it looks great! Great find at the market! I miss the farmer's market...Did you get your swim in? We haven't been getting the super bad storms, but we have been getting lots of snow, ice, and COLD! But, nothing record breaking for around here....yet..

Beverlyjoy--Great job at the Chinese restaurant! And getting through the year w/ out a gain! The soreness is getting better, although I overdid yesterday, so minor setback...

Schmoodle--It's been freezing here too! Mmm your New Year's Even dinner sounds super yummy! I haven't found any great bargains, yet either. Dh and I may hit some more stores today. W/ all the 'hype' about markdowns...I have been disappointed so far!

Rhonda--Your NYE dinner sounds yummy too! Good for you for starting to journal. I think it can be very helpful. Did you get your organizing and menu planning done?

cfmama--Glad to hear everyone is improving! Don't forget to take care of yourself too!

Sara--How are you doing?

Thanks to everyone who asked how I am feeling. For the most part, much better! Of course, silly me...totally overdid it yesterday, so I was super-sore last night. Dh and I will probably go out for a little while and do a little bargain shopping, but he will do the driving (that's what pushed me over the edge yesterday!)

I woke up w/ a migraine this am, but I feel better now, thank goodness!

Later today I have to sign up for my "Healthy Blue" Reward plan through my insurance. We recently switched to this plan at work and my goal is to "earn" enough rewards to cover my gym membership and new sneakers each year.

Yesterday was day 35 OP for me! Only 7 more days before I can use my new lip gloss! It's melon daquiri flavor and it smells wonderful!!!!

Have a great OP day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Howdy chicks, here is my daily plan:

B: scrambled eggs, V8, coffee with milk
S: lowfat cheese, raw cauli
L: split pea soup, NSA fudgesicle
S: latte, edamame
D: beef tenderloin, mashed cauliflower,
S: yogurt or cc, Diet soda

I will also get my water in and do a WATP DVD. Too cold to walk outside today!
Happy Friday chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #22  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

MJ - So glad your headache is gone. I've had many of those morning headaches and they make the day rough. Day 35? Wow!
CFmama - So good to hear from you and to hear that everyone is improving.
Nicolen, Beverly, Schmoodle, Lynn...everyone...hope you are doing well.

Yesterday, I did organize the pantry and sat down with my vegetarian cookbook and planned some meals. My 12 year old is a vegetarian and Hubby and I have decided that eating some vegetarian meals would be healthy for all of us. I found some yummy recipes that I can't wait to try. Some of you who know me well also know that I'm not much of a cook. Hubby has always done the cooking. But, I've decided to dive in and try the waters. I'll be sure to let you know how the meals turn out. I also went grocery shopping to pick up some fresh veggies. Holy Smokes! Tomatoes are expensive! I had to tell my youngest to stay out of them. That kid loves tomatoes. It's no wonder. I craved fresh tomatoes when I was pregnant with her.I also wanted to pick up a box of clementines as so many of you rave about how delicious they are, but at $7 a box....well, I bought some plain ole tangerines instead.

I better get some work accomplished and earn that paycheck. Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....hope everyone is doing well. Here's my plan for the day:

I will work on my fundraiser project.
stretches
heat/ice
water
meditation
PMA

I come back for personal later.....I MUST clean up my office. It's the pits.

Have a GREAT day.
breakfast - cheese toast, applesauce
lunch - turkey sandwich, green bean salad
snack - apple
dinner - sloppy joes, veggies and dip
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #24  
Nicole

Good morning, lovely ladies!

Hope everyone's doing well today. Me, I'm good. It rained overnight, so it's a wee bit cooler this morning than it has been for the last few days. It's soo nice not to wake up already hot and sticky.

The swim yesterday was good. I'm a bit out of shape - only managed 20 lengths of the pool, but it's a start really. Of course, the best part was the 10 minutes in the spa pool.

The plan for today is to go to the gym - it's open again at 8:30, so I'm going to be there when it opens. Then I'm going to head to the library and get something to read and come back home again. I've also got to bake a loaf of bread at some stage, since I've got none left.

MJ, I'm pleased you're feeling better now. Migranes are nasty!

Schmoodle, good on you for getting some exercise even though it's too cold to go outside!

Rhonda, please do let us know how the vegetarian meals work out. I've got a vegetarian cookbook and I really should try some of the recipes. I'm going to do it soon...

Beverley, sounds like you've got a busy day planned. I've got to do some housework too at some stage - my favourite...

The menu for the day looks like:

B - yoghurt and raspberries
S (after gym) - boiled egg
L - leftover chicken from last night, salad sandwich and a couple of apricots
S - vege sticks and dip
D - something involving lamb - possibly a stir fry?

Enjoy your day, everyone!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #25  
mj5

Good Morning!

Rhonda--Good for you for getting so much done yesterday! I know, sticker shock at the grocery store!!! I miss the farmers market (and the prices), but we are making due w/ what I can get too. I can't wait to hear how your recipes turn out. I am always looking for new ideas.

Beverlyjoy--Good luck w/ your office...cleaning my office at work has been on my "to do list" for way too long....

nicolen--Sounds like you had a really nice day planned for yourself! I am glad to hear it was a little bit cooler, I am not a fan of hot and sticky weather at all!

Hi to everyone else!

Well, I have done just about all the housework I can do at this point--still not lifting for me...I am doing some laundry, but have to wait for dh to get up to carry it upstairs so I can put it away. I hate being dependent on someone like that, but I do not want to make myself sore again, so I will try to listen to drs orders!!!! Dh and I had a nice 'adventure' yesterday. We didn't find too many bargains, but it was still fun. Not sure what my plan is for today. I am going to make some mac and cheese w/ whole wheat pasta and LOTS of roasted broc and cauli. Actually, I am going to assemble it today, it will be for dinner tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #26  
Nicole

Good morning ladies! Hope you're enjoying the first weekend of the year.

OMG the weather yesterday! The morning was fine and I got home just as it was starting to get warm. I had the TV on in the afternoon, half following a cricket match when they pulled the players off for hail. Now, the match was being played just down the road and I looked out the window - still sunny here. The next minute it bucketed down. For the next 3 hours. It was just unreal! And then of course we're back to normal today...

Apart from that, it was a good day. I got a good workout at the gym and got a couple of good books out of the library, so with the weather yesterday I had a bit of a reading session.

Plan for the day is to get to the gym when it opens at 9am and get some housework done. My house is more untidy than anything else, so just a general pick up everything and put it where it belongs should do it, but I also need to get my uniform ironed for tomorrow. I really hate ironing with a passion. I also need to get my gym bag packed so tomorrow morning all I need to do is get up and get dressed, have a quick breakfast and head out to the gym.

Speaking of which, I'll almost definitely be posting in the evenings my time on the days when I'm going to the gym and then going to work. I just won't have time to get online in the morning. So, I will be posting, but about 12 hours or so later than I have been.[

B][MJ,/B] sounds as if you and hubby had a fun day yesterday even if you didn't find any bargains.

Hi, everyone else!

Have fun, everyone!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #27  

Hi Chicks...I got my office cleaned. Then worked many hours on mailing out invitations to a fundraiser. It feels good to have it done.

Other than that - a quiet day.

Oh yes...DH got our recumbent bike. He put it together and I did five minutes. It's a start.

Have a GREAT day everyone.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #28  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm here quickly because I HAD to do my meal plan I've been reading "New moon" for the last five hours and just finished it. I'm off to read Eclipse now!

Plan for tomorrow

B- slice sprouted grain toast, 1 T pb, banana
s- yogurt, fruit source bar
L- 2 cups lentil soup, kiwi
s- 2 cocktail tomato's, cm old cheddar
D- 1 medium chicken breast, cup tomato puree with garlic and onions over 1 cup healthy harvest egg noodles, 1/2 cup green beans
s- 13 wheat things, 3 T hummus

Have a great on plan day my friends! (ps... 60 lbs lost this morning!)
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #29  
mj5

Good Morning!

I ended up going to lunch (did ok) and shopping w/ a friend yesterday. All I bought were some socks--they are cute socks, but NOT what I was looking for. Oh well, it's a good reason to clean out my sock drawer today!

nicolen--sounds like you got some much needed rain! I love to sit and read on a rainy day, of course I love to sit and read almost any day! That's my plan today, after getting a few things done around here....I am with you, I despise ironing. I only iron when absolutely, positively necessary. When I get the ironing board out, the dogs go running--it scares them, they don't see it often enough, so they don't know what it is! We did have a fun day!

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on getting your office cleaned! Hopefully you will inspire me to get mine cleaned! I am actually going to "schedule" time in my planner to do it and see if that works...Yea on the bike! I spend time on the recumbent bike at the gym. It's easiest on my knee.

cfmama--Gotta love a day of reading!!! Enjoy!

ok, so I am finally going to change my ticker. Between the new scale, surgery, and forced no exercise, I am up 10lbs. I know dh said he is up 10lbs too w/ the new scale, so it could be just that. I am not happy about it, but it is just a number. What I do know is that my clothes are NOT fitting any different and I do not feel any different--that's what matters!

Not too much going on around here today. Like I said, I want to clean out my sock drawer and get rid of the icky ones--gotta make room for the new ones I bought yesterday! Other than that, I am going to read a bit today.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #30  

Hi Chicks! Happy Sunday to you all. It's a rainy gray day here...but, I am determined to have a bright and sunny disposition today. I am working on a project - it's a dinner, silent auction and performance venue. I am incharge of the invitations.

Yesterday - I tried out my new recumbent bike. I MUST start out slow...so I take that way.

For today:

I'll be home working on some projects.

I must do some meditation today
stretches
water, water, water
track food
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, ww toast
lunch - tuna sandwich, open face - red pepper strips
snack - cheese toast, applesauce
dinner - turkey and noodles - 1 cup, celery strips
snack - oatmeal, cinn., milk, almond butter, raisons

Mj- I LOVE socks, too ...the more the better. Somehow I frequently end up losing of the pair. Maybe it IS true....the washer and dryer eat socks. Glad you did well at your lunch with a friend.

CFmama - carry on. Congrats on being 60 pounds down!!!!!!!!!! You rock, friend.

Nicolen...sounds like you are doing well. GREAT!!!

Rhonda - good for you...planning your meals ahead. That will help the cause..as they say.

Hi Schmoodle...good plans make for healthy days!

Hi to everyone that stops by...have a GREAT op day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-04-2009 at 08:22 AM.