Old 12-25-2008, 02:48 AM   #1  

Default OT: Could I have gotten pregnant?

I'm really sorry, but this is completely OT.
I just have no idea who else I could ask... I have no friends around here who I would feel comfortable asking, and I'm not sure who to turn to...

So as G rated as it can be, here's the story..

I take oral birth control, and usually I'm really good about taking it everyday on time. With the holiday's it kind of slipped my mind... I missed the last 2 doses before my "Placebo week" - It was either the day before or the first day I missed my pill that my boyfriend & I were together. A couple nights ago, I felt some sharp pain in my lower abdomin.. I can remember before getting on the pill having this same pain around my ovulation time. Could I have ovulated by only missing the last 2 days of my pill??

Also... Its been at least 4-5 days since I've taken a pill, and I haven't started my TOM yet. Usually I feel cramping 1-2 days before it starts, and I haven't felt that either...

Should I be concerned??
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #2  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I'm not very familiar with the Pill, it's not my BC of choice, but let me tell you what DOESN'T help you get your period and that is worrying about it! My period was once a day late, I had pregnancy symptoms (morning sickness, etc) and I freaked out! My period finally came 6 days late but the symptoms continued and I eventually found out that my multivitamin was giving me morning sickness!

But anyways, my week-late TOM was totally due to worrying but I couldn't help it. I can't give you peace of mind because I don't know much about the Pill but I can say to try to keep your stress level down about it. That week of worrying was **** for me! Good luck to you!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240.8/235.2/130

Height: 5'4"

I'd suggest getting a pregnancy test and finding out. No birth control is 100% effective, even when taken perfectly on schedule all the time, and the effectiveness goes down when you miss pills. Is it likely? Probably not? Possible, though? Yep.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Could be , take a pregnancy test and put your mind at ease.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

If it's been less than 5 days after conception you could take a Plan B to be on the safer side.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #6  
No description available.

If it's less than 5 days after intercourse (not conception) you can take Plan B.

If you missed the last 2 doses before the placebo week, you started your placebo week early and you should consider starting your next pack 2 days sooner than usual.

By "4-5" days does that include the last 2 days of active pills? So you would be on day 3 of placebos if you had taken them correctly?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #7  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Could be , take a pregnancy test and put your mind at ease.
A negative pregnancy test is no guarantee of a negative pregnancy. Seriously, the week I thought I was pregnant, I took two pregnancy tests (negative) and was about to buy my 3rd when it finally came. While I was researching "missed period, pregnancy symptoms, negative test" I found a number of people whose negative test eventually turned positive... scary thought! My friend took 2 negative tests with her last pregnancy before it finally showed up positive.

Unfortunately, they say that you can get results after 1 day of a missed period but I'm afraid it is most accurate a week or more after your missed period. It sucks waiting!

Sorry I'm not trying to scare you and based on the science of BC pills, maybe you aren't even at risk of pregnancy.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #8  

Plan B, I thought of it, but I have no idea where I could go to get it, I live in a small town & the closest anything is at least 30 miles away.. Today would be day 3-5 if I did conceive...

Quote:
By "4-5" days does that include the last 2 days of active pills? So you would be on day 3 of placebos if you had taken them correctly?
Yes, that includes the last 2 days of active pills. I would be on now day 4 of placebos if I had taken them correctly.

Sunday the 21st, was the last active pill I took, and the day my boyfriend & I were together. I missed Monday (22nd), and Tuesday (23rd) active pills, I had the sharp "ovulation type" pain the night of the 23rd (Tuesday). And today is now Thursday (25th).
I'm pretty sure its probably too soon for a pregnancy test though...

I'm really getting worried. Still haven't gotten my TOM, or had any signs of it...
Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #9  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

Wait, why did you stop taking them? I believe you could have kept taking them even though you missed two days. 3+ days? Then you'd have to start over. Also (this isn't fact, just merely posing a question) is it possible that the sharp pains could be from simply not taking your birth control and your hormones are out of whack? Unfortunately, all the advice I can give has already been given. Relax, wait a week and if you haven't started your period then get a pregnancy test. And (I don't mean this in a negative way AT ALL, I've had a scare before too) 30 miles is NOTHING compared to what could potentially happen.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #10  

Quote:
Wait, why did you stop taking them? I believe you could have kept taking them even though you missed two days. 3+ days? Then you'd have to start over.
I didn't really stop taking them, I just completely forgot to. Which is not like me at all! Usually I'm very very good at taking them right on time, everyday. I missed the last 2 "active pills" - so now technically I'm in my placebo week where I'm supposed to be having my TOM... But its not here.

Quote:
is it possible that the sharp pains could be from simply not taking your birth control and your hormones are out of whack?
I'm not sure.. I only remember having these pains before I was on the pill. Earlier this year I changed BC 3 times over the course of 2 months, and I never felt those pains (and my hormones were extremely messed up then).
Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Maybe you could ask your pharmacist about how to start taking them again when you've missed some days with the pills.

As for getting pregnant....well, I suppose it's a possibility.

Good luck.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #12  
bow chicka wow wow

Oh ok, I thought you meant that you missed the two and then just like stopped taking them altogether. Maybe by missing the last two "active pills" it just pushed your period back a few days? I read somewhere that the period you get during the placebo week is unnecessary and its really only to give you the peace of mind of knowing you're not preggo.

I'm really sorry you're going through this, I wish I knew more about b.c. to help you worry less. If you need someone to talk to you can always PM me.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:50 AM   #13  

I just went to the bathroom, and had a very pleasent surprise.

I'm not pregnant after all! :-D

I feel really stupid now. But I want to thank you all for your advice & support. I'm really happy to have someplace to turn to, and people as careing and supportive as all of you are. <3
Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #14  
bow chicka wow wow

Yay!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

YAY! I relief I am sure.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote