Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #16  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news ... but for a lot of women the tummy is the very last to go, especially if it's the first place you gain.

I have lost 70 lbs and while my tummy has shrunk considerably, it's still where I hold on to most of my remaining fat. I suspect it'll be one of the last places I lose from.

The good news is that it *will* go eventually. Or mostly anyway.
I have to second this. Though obviously I'm nowhere near as tiny as PhotoChick, lol (yea, Photochick!!), but I'm currently at ~188 lbs and wearing a size 12 pants, and I still have a very considerable pouch in my tummy... I'm expecting that it'll start shrinking soon, though--maybe around 180 lbs? I hear that that's a place where a lot of women start noticing big changes in their bodies. Sure hope so. And at the very least, I'm 99.9% sure that my arms (not my belly) will be the last place I lose the weight, since they pretty much haven't changed at all since I was 75 lbs heavier. *grumble grumble*
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #17  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Everyone is different, but I started to lose weight in my face first. I saw a difference in my stomach after about 15 pounds. I still have a lot to lose in my stomach but it is starting to get a little smaller. ( ;
Good Luck.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Ah ... the mushy thing. I have what someone here referred to as "jiggly fat" around my tummy. Everywhere else I've lost, it's shrunk and fat has .. I dunno ... redistributed? But my tummy gets that mushy jiggly thing going on. It got better for a while when I was hovering around 178 for a few months. I think the "jiggle" tighted up. But then I started losing again, and it got jiggly again.

I'm hoping that the "jiggle" part goes away.

I have this and have noticed as well. I remember my stomach at first, before I lost the weight, seemed more firm, but now it is very "soft" lol...ew, but you know it is just different. Sometimes I feel like I'm made out of modeling clay. Whatever I can shove into some shapewear makes me feel better lol.

But it isn't just my stomach...my thighs too. Jiggly...

Maybe it is our body catching up? I'm not sure...but I hope everything "comes together" as they say in cooking lol.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #19  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thought everyone might like to see this post about "squishy" tummies. Bring on the squish!http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hy#post1887507
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #20  

I do think it depends on body shape. I lose first in the waist and upper body...read boobies and I'm lacking in that area no matter what my weight. My legs are where I carry the most fat and they take the longest to start showing any loss.
bellygirl is offline   Reply With Quote