Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #1  

Unhappy bubble has busted

hi folks very upset for the pass three days all i been doing is eating, it upsets me whem family speaks about weight loss it makes me eat, i tried so hard but i messed up again, should i just give up, i read so much about all the different w.l. issues i don't know what to do sometime i feel that i can do it with all that i have read and then it seems i can't. i thanks all my new friends and wish you all lots of luck, but i don't know what to do, i need to take sometime to think i realy want to lose all this weight, 130lbs. i'm so tired of pain and crying will thanks for taking time to read this, hugs.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #2  

Okay..we've all been where you are right now.

Take a deep breathe. Count to 10.

Sit down where you can be alone for a few minutes without any distraction. Write down all of the reasons why you want/need to lose weight.

Then write down what can stop you.

Nothing. Nothing can stop you. Nothing can stop any of us from getting healthier and fitter. Nothing but ourselves. It's so much easier to sit back and accept our bodies as they are. We wouldn't have to struggle or battle this weight. But you know what? Vision where you will be and how you will feel a year from now. Will you be happy?
Now vision where you could be in a year if you did something to change now. You can be far far from the pain and misery your feeling right now. Life is too short to feel this way. You are worth the trouble you will go through. This isn't easy, no part of it. But it's alot easier then living our very short lives hating what we look and feel like. Alot easier than walking around life being miserable and depressed.

I know, easy for me to say. But alot harder to actually do. But you want this as bad as any of us do. There is nothing special about the people here who have lost so much weight here. They all started out where we start. Rock bottom. It sounds like you have hit rock bottom. Now, you just have to stand up and take control.

Set a small goal. Don't think about the total of lbs you need to lose. Set a goal of 20 lbs. Or maybe 10. Whichever would be easier for you. Once you reach that small goal, you will feel powerful and strong and determined. And before you know it, you will be reaching other small goals you set.

But better than the lbs and inches gone, you will gain a whole new outlook on who you are. You are strong, couragious, determined, encouraging, and proud. You CAN do this. But you have to know that before you'll get anywhere. Take some time today to think about what you want and what you need. Also think about what will happen if you don't take action. It's not easy, it's been a long long road for me. And it will be an even longer one. But I will get there. Eventually. But in the mean time, I know when I lay down at night to close my eyes, that I treated my body the way it deserves to be treated. And that feeling, is priceless.

Were all here for you. We believe in you. Now, it's time you believed in yourself. *HUGS*
Old 05-02-2002, 05:03 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

All I have to add is "Ditto"

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Closed Thread