Old 12-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #1  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

Default i need a weight loss buddy for my first mini goal.the more the merrier.

Hi all.
this is my first thread to post in this forum and i'm still a new member .i have to loose a lot of weight but for the moment i'm sticking to baby steps.i'd really like a buddy or more to join me and loose 20 or more lbs.Is there anyone?
Also i like excercising a lot and can walk for 45 mins on the treadmill several tmes a day and i have an eliptical but i only do 30 minutes a day.and i have a stationary bicycle which is placed in front of the tv and i can cycle for like 3 seperate hours a day,
The only problem as you can see that i'm not a couch potato is portion control.Also i tend to eat the wrong types of food but i dont really dislike the healthy ones .Its just that i have a very sweet tooth.
Anyone up for the challange . i must warn you i'm really competitive and once i put something in my head it's gotta happen lol
waiting for my weight loss buddy
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #2  
model wannabe

oh well i forgot to say that at the moment i'm not focused on weight training which is sure gonna be the main thing in my next mini goal so as to build muscle but at the moment i'm concentrating on burning the excess fat off my body.But of course you may chose the excercise programe and diet of your choice but you should be really supportive and try to come here like every single day to post your daily activities .Also we can talk about other cool stuff like makeup and clothes.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #3  
model wannabe

As for supplements and healthy stuff i currently drink three cups of green tea a day and take 2 capsules of an omega 3 supplement which i take to make my hair healthier as it;s damaged cuz i blowdryed it a lot last year it also helps in weright loss and depression so i'll try taking it for the next 3 months
Old 12-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey LooLoo,

I can identify with sweet tooth syndrome. I want to tell you though that the cravings really do get better! If you will "eat clean" you will find your cravings change. I am so glad you are here.

Oh, I wanted to mention something else in regards to hair. I have many Indian friends and they have talked me into NOT washing my hair so much. I cannot tell you what a difference it has made for me. I also had heat damaged hair before from blowdrying and straightening. Now, I wash every four or five days--which is very common in many, many cultures. I also "OIL" my hair the night before washing. What a difference I am telling you!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-12-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #5  
model wannabe

oh you're so sweet and thanx for replying sweety.
Actually i;ve been dieting ever since i was a little kid so i;m kinda familiar with the process it's just that i get so stupid and sabotage it .
As for the hair advice i have really dry hair and i'm an Egyptian and i used to live in Kuwait where there are a lot of indians and what u said is totally true.But you can also oil your hair day in day out at night and cover your hair with a shower cap and once you wake up shampoo it.The best oil ever is coconut oil also castor and garlic oils are excellent but one is too viscous and the other smells really bad.
But after doing all of the above i figured why not feed my hair from the inside.
I also think green veggies are very rich in minerals essential for hair growth.
Btw how much do you weigh??why not join me lol
Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #6  

I am 156 and would love to join you! (See my side bar to your left?)

I have been using olive oil or sesame oil as it is what I have on hand. When I was living in India, it seemed most of the women there used coconut oil. Of course the women in many Eastern cultures are known for their beautiful hair. Yes, I agree about nurturing your hair from the inside out. I take fish oil every day and hope it is helping. I think for me it's a combination of factors of not overwashing. Therefore, I am not having to blowdry and straighten daily anymore. The oil gives me an added boost. However, I do smell the sesame oil even AFTER washing it out. I kind of smell like a chinese buffet--thank goodness me and hubby like chinese food!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-12-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/160/140

Height: 5'5"

I'd love to lose the first 20 with you girls. I read the site every day, I'm very new too. I really haven't posted much, especially on the goal threads. But I'm motivated, like you looloo, once I get my mind set, world look out! LOL
Good Luck, it is only a matter of time before my Barbie breaks free of this Bod!
justformenow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #8  
model wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I am 156 and would love to join you! (See my side bar to your left?)

I have been using olive oil or sesame oil as it is what I have on hand. When I was living in India, it seemed most of the women there used coconut oil. Of course the women in many Eastern cultures are known for their beautiful hair. Yes, I agree about nurturing your hair from the inside out. I take fish oil every day and hope it is helping. I think for me it's a combination of factors of not overwashing. Therefore, I am not having to blowdry and straighten daily anymore. The oil gives me an added boost. However, I do smell the sesame oil even AFTER washing it out. I kind of smell like a chinese buffet--thank goodness me and hubby like chinese food!
yaaaay.you're gonna join me
OMG you used to live in India .I totally wanna live there to eat their food i love the fact that they add chilli on almost every dish.Have you tasted sambosa?? .
you have a very supportive hubby lol i'd don't think when i get married that any guy will stand the scent of oil in my hair but luckily brands like sunsilk make hair oils that smell luscious.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #9  
model wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justformenow1 View Post
I'd love to lose the first 20 with you girls. I read the site every day, I'm very new too. I really haven't posted much, especially on the goal threads. But I'm motivated, like you looloo, once I get my mind set, world look out! LOL
Good Luck, it is only a matter of time before my Barbie breaks free of this Bod!
my second buddy.
I guess we should all gather here every day if we can and talk about the stuff we did that day and when one of us is down we can help her.
oh you're a tough gal like me .Glad you can join me.
i locked my barbie in here too.lol
Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #10  
model wannabe

Thighs Be Gone
Today i'm gonna wash my hair after my workout which i'll tell you guys about and i'm gonna use the pantene oil substitute .i bought it a week ago so its the first trial for me now.Wish me luck .
My workout today is gonna be like 45 mins on the treadmill i walk on 6km/hr which is like a fast walk but its not running then i'll do like 30 mins on the eliptical and the end with 15 mins on the treadmill and then finally i'll hit the shower lol.
What about you girls?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #11  
model wannabe

i just did the previous workout and i'm on my way to the shower i just thought writing about it would make me feel happier lol.before my workout i ate a bowl of soup and drank a cup of lipton green tea.
Mmm i think i'm gonna use my dove lotion after my shower mmmmm fresh.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #12  

So just wanted to say that I actually turned down and DID NOT EAT Chinese food and Pizza this weekend. It smelled awesome and looked delicious, but I said to myself (in my head of course) this is not worth it, those skinny jeans and feeling good about myself is going to be so much better than eating this crap will taste right now. I'm pretty proud of myself, especially when everyone around me was eating it.

My workout today is gonna be like 45 mins on the treadmill i walk on 6km/hr which is like a fast walk but its not running then i'll do like 30 mins on the eliptical and the end with 15 mins on the treadmill and then finally i'll hit the shower lol.
What about you girls?

Unfortunately I do not have a treadmill at home, but I walk for 30 minutes as fast as I can, sometimes just around the block for half an hour, or at the mall, at work I walk around and around the longest way at the hospital. Walking at the mall is a great motivator for me though, I look at all of those pretty clothes and think how great it will be when I can fit into them and BE THIN! Yeay!
Keep at it girls! We can do this!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Default I'm in, too!

Hi there! Nice to have company - the more, the merrier! I am not competitive when it comes to weight-loss but could use a gentle or not-so-gentle nudge as I feel I am losing focus these days cos of negative stress - looking for a job, far from home and friends, all sorts... And I am mad at myself that I am - almost - giving in. Hope to stay on the right track with your help, girls.
Good luck to us all!
As to hair - have always had very dry hair. It looks healthy but does require extra care. I use henna as I need it both to boost the colour (natural red, but salt-and-chilli pepper lately), and nourish it. Where do you get coconut oil?
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #14  

Welcome fractal!
Hang in there, life is not always kind I know. But the sooner we can deal with things and not give in to bad food........... well you know. I'm an addict, I love food, even when I'm not in the least bit hungry. Emotinal eating is a really bad thing for me. So, you can do it. Mind over matter.
Whenever you need a little support or chat just let me know!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #15  

Hey Everyone. I feel good today. Schools are closed due to weather. Yahoo! I also dropped to 155.5 today which I completely wasn't expecting. I didn't run yesterday because it was plainly TOO COLD. I told myself I would a DVD but never did that either. On top of it all, I just nibbled on this or that all day--crackers, jelly beans, diet coke, you name it.

LooLoo, I am a huge soup eater. What soup are you eating? I know it's not the healthiest but I just eat the Healthy Request Campbells when I don't have time to make from scratch. I especially like the Maryland Crab variety. I shred artificial crab meat from the bag (actually, it's polluck fish) and put it in there and top with some paramasean. It's quick and easy and I can eat the entire can and the crabmeat and parmasean for under 250 calories.

As for the hair thing--I want to hear more about Henna. Someone asked about coconut oil. Check the asian aisle of your supermarket or else go to an asian grocery store. I can guarantee you the latter will be much cheaper. My two gallons of sesame oil was $7. It's always great to have on hand for making a stir-fry or giving your hair that added boost! LOL. That reminds me of those infomercials that claim, "look it's a turtleneck and a can opener too!" LOL

Hey, Happy Holidays Ya'll. Yep, I am Texan!