Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys, just did a read-through. Sorry to hear about your stresses. And glad to hear of some successes

I am okay. Back later.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I should be getting ready for work, but wanted pop in here quick first!

Lyn--Great to hear from you!

My future reward "stash" didn't come yesterday, maybe today....But the good news is, as long as I keep it together today, today marks 14 OP days in a row!!!! I am SUPER excited! It feels so good! Of course, I don't want to get over-confident, that is my 'danger-zone' where things fall apart. The reward I am going to give myself this time is a new body wash (I have changed my mind several times, but this is something I bought and have had here to look at, smell, etc...it smells SO good and I can't wait to use it tomorrow!!!)

Today is my hair appt. I cannot wait...gotta cover up those grays! Plus, I am way overdue for a trim. Plus, my hair stylist is hilarious! He always has some wild stories about what he has been up to. It will be a lot of fun.

My team at work is going out to lunch, but I will make sure it is somewhere I can order something healthy. Then I will go to the gym on my way home tonight.

We have to start getting organized for our trip this weekend. Still not really looking forward to it, but it's going to happen, so I better get used to the idea!

Ok, I need to get ready for work!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...I had another day on plan. I am so grateful. Today is a quiet day. I'll take it.!

breakfast - cheese toast, apple
lunch - HC chicken and dumpling soup, red pepper strips
snack - cottage cheese and banana
dinner - english muffin pizza with mozz cheese and turkey peperonni, tossed salad
snack - oatmeal, raisins, milk

MJ- 14 days op is awesome! I like your reward system. I think I'll get myself a nonfood goodie for every five pounds. I hope your weekend goes well!

Lyn - so glad you popped in. I am thinking of you and wishing you well in your difficult situation.

Schmoodle - glad the kids are back in school. I am sorry about your friend being in the hospital. I hope she heals quickly. Good plan for the day. Carry on.

Everyone have a GREAT day!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-11-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Today:
B: leftover pork chop, tomato juice
S: oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee
L: 3 bean salad, hard boiled egg, NSA fudgesicle
S: bean brownie, skim latte
D: deep dish spaghetti squash Italian pie, green beans
S: Greek yogurt with blueberries and toasted almonds

Spoke with my friend yesterday and she suggested I wait until today to visit, since she will probably be moved to a regular room. She's doing okay and hoping to be home over the weekend. She's stressing about Christmas. I want to bake double cookies so she has some for the kids, and I plan to take a couple of dinners over for her freezer too. So anyway, I have DS's IEP this morning, errands, work, visit the hospital, DD's dance class. The day should fly by!

mj, it's been a while since I deserved a reward. Good job! And good luck for this weekend.
Lyn, good to "see" you. I read your blog yesterday. One day at a time, right?
BeverlyJoy, congrats on day 2! Wish I could say the same. I did okay yesterday with food until DH found my secret dark chocolate stash I'd hidden and forgotten. I had to eat some, but made him split the bar with me, so only 95 calories worth.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-11-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

I've been on 8 hour teleconference calls for the last two days. I'm on another today and scheduled for another tomorrow. I love the work, but I'm exhausted! Next week, I'm on a much needed vacation. I'll probably have to check in a few times to finalize some reports, but it won't be these long days. I plan on using next week to kick start my weight loss again. I'll have plenty of time for exercise and for planning and cooking healthy meals. For me, getting going again is the roughest part. Once I build up a bit of steam, I can usually stay on-plan for a while. I've been inspired by your on-plan days! Maybe I'll start counting again, too.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #21  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

mj5!!!!!! 14 on plan day!!!!!! You go girl. You seriously rock
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #22  
mj5

Just wrapping things up here. Today was a long, busy day, but it's ok!

My hair appt went really well. I went w/ low-lights again and it looks really good.

Tonight after dh and I get home, we really need to get things ready for the weekend so we aren't up super late tomorrow night! We have to pack, wrap, get the dogs stuff ready for the kennel w/ out them realizing we are packing stuff or they get super hyper....fun, fun!

The weekend will probably turn out ok (full of drama, but ok), but I always get into full-on stress mode right about now.

Beverlyjoy--Yea for another OP day! I have found that having a reward waiting for me that I can see, helps keep me focused. Hope it works for you too.

Schmoodle--Busy, busy!!!! Make sure you take time to take care of you too. Easy for me to say, I know!!!! So glad your friend will be home soon. Hey, we all deserve a reward!

Rhonda--Wow, sounds like you have been super busy too! Hang in there!

cfmama--Thanks! You have inspired me many, many times to keep at it!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #23  

Hi Chicks...I am so glad to say I've had another on plan day - I am so grateful.

I got the results of my cat scan - 'uneven' poop in my colon : - hmmm (hope that not tmi) and a spot on my liver. So, I"ll have a MRI on my liver next week.

Today -pt, doctor's appt. and dinner out with friends. We will see friends from DH's old company. They are fun folks and it's always great to get together with them. We were going to be going to Michigan to see our grandson and family - but, it is changed until right after Christmas. DH is talking about baking his mom's xmas cookie recipes this weekend. Yikes - I may have to 'run away from home".

breakfast - egg white omlette with ketchup, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch - pizza 'toast' with peppers, green beans
snack - cheese and apple
6pm - large lettuce salad with lite dressing (so I won't be so hungry when we eat a late dinner)
dinner at restaurant - salmon, potato, veggie
snack - oatmeal, milk

MJ - try not to stress over the weekend. Remember to take deep breathes and focus on anything positive (even if it's the decoration!). Glad your hair came out great. Safe travel, friend.

Hi CFmama - hope all is well.

Rhonda - I am glad you'll have time off next week and will be able to really focus and get a string of op days. I know you CAN do this!

Schmoodle - what a lovely friend you are to your friend in the hospital...cookies and dinner are so thoughtful. Your plan sounds yummy.

Have a GREAT op day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-12-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #24  

Hey folks,

It's nice to read about your Christmas shopping and wrapping and even the baking! I love this season, and it makes me think, "I better get off my butt and get some Christmas things done."

I am eating well, staying around 1600 most days and biking 6 days a week even though my knees, foot and hips hurt. Staying off the bike just makes it worse when I do get back on, so I'm just gonna ride as long as the pain doesn;t get worse.

So far I've dropped 4 pounds in Dec and I am happy with that. Mainly because I had gained 23 pounds, and now I only have 9 more pounds left to get back to my old low of 214.

I figure I'll bake cookies and make candies all in one weekend with the kids, eat a few, and give most of it away to friends. I won't let myself eat them all week, just on the days I make them (2 days max).

What are you guys making for Christmas dinner? I always make a spiral ham (no glaze), green beans, potatoes. I love using the ham bone to make split pea soup with lots of veggies. So healthy!

Today will be a good day.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #25  
mj5

Hi everyone! We woke up to lots of snow this am! The drive to work was a little icky, but it's better now.

Beverlyjoy--I hope the spot is nothing serious. As for the colon issue, hmm, no idea what that means?!!! Have a wonderful time at dinner! Yikes, cookies, yea I probably wouldn't be able to handle that! Luckily I haven't had time to bake. I would love to, but I eat way, way too many!!!

Lyn--I totally hear you about being sore if you don't 'keep at it'. Hope it doesn't get any worse. Yea, probably should get some Christmas stuff done, of course you have been super busy! I had to laugh today, my supervisor took two hours off to "get an early start on her shopping". Ok, early start? Hope she doesn't have much to do!

How is everyone else doing?

I used my new Twisted Peppermint body scrub this morning--my reward. It smells SO good! If you like peppermint, of course! Today makes day 15 op!!!!

Ok, I need to finish some things up, then head to the grocery store. I probably won't be around again until Sunday or Monday. Have a great OP weekend everyone!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #26  

Hi Chicks - I did pretty well at my dinner out.

Today - xmas cards, making some gifts

breakfast - cottage cheese and pear, pnb toast
lunch - black beans with salsa and lite cheese, green beans
snack - apple
dinner - soup from the freezer, garlic toast
snack - peanut butter & honey toast, sf cocoa

MJ - hope your weekend is going well. Be careful in the snow.

Lyn - Congrats on losing 4 pounds in December. Sounds like you are working at it. Good job. Our big dinner is on Christmas Eve...we have leg of lamb, potatoes, salad, green beans and gravy.

Shout out to schmoodle, cfmama, rhonda and anyone else that drops by. Have a GREAT day.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #27  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello my friends! Sounds like we're all doing just wonderful!

mj5- mmmm... twisted peppermint... mmmmmm.... 15 days op!!!! I'm so proud of you girl
Beverlyjoy- what ya making?
Lyn- sounds like you're back on track. Carry on girl!
GirlygirlSebas- have one on plan day. Then add another. You can do it

Well I'm finished shopping for everyone except DH. That's in the cards for this weekend.

Today: ballet for Livy, Jazz for Maddy, babysitters for Phoenix (lol!) I have to be at the studio for three hours and I don't really want to run around after a two year old.

Today is Day 77 on plan!!!!!
B- 1 cup fiber one honey oat, 1/2 cup skim milk, banana
s- fruit source bar, rice cake
L- sirloin burger, 1 cup brusell sprouts, 5 large radishes
s- 2 sour dough wasa, 1 cm old cheddar, 2 T salsa
D- 6 pierogies, 2 T sour cream, 1 cup steamed carrots
s- 2 hb eggs, 2 clementines

I need to move my body today. I think some yoga will be just the thing.

Love to you all!!!!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #28  

mj~ LOL, I always end up doing my shopping on Dec 22-23. Every year I hate it and promise to myself to go earlier next year. I better get moving. My older kids all leave to go to their Dad's for the first time for Christmas on the 24th so we are doing our Christmas early.

Beverlyjoy~ leg of lamb, yummy! I never thought of doing that. Sounds delish.

cf~ wow, your ticker is really going down! WTG!

We are in for a winter storm this afternoon, so I am going to try and pry my children out of bed and go shopping for milk and maybe some Christmas stuff this morning. And will try and get the rest of the lights and garland up. And bike!

I'm doing fine with the eating so far. Down another pound.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #29  

I chicks - I had another good food day yesterday. - I am grateful. I've done my meditation the past couple of days - it's always so helpful.

I made my DH's mom's traditional xmas raisin & nut bread. When she passed away - I told DH I would continue to make it. I did have some walnuts and a small taste - but, I counted them in my daily calorie total - so it worked out fine.

The physical therapist has me doing lots of back and foot exercises. I think that it is helping. While it's not all better - I am feeling hopeful and have been able to keep the pain under control better.

Cfmama - YOu've been busy! You asked what I am making. For years and years I make bookmarks. I get two fabrics that somewhat coordinate at the fabric store. I use fusible iron fabric adhesive. I iron the two together, cut them into the shape of bookmarks with pinking sheers for a pretty edge and then put piece of thin ribbon on the top. It make a lovely bookmark. It makes oodles of them. For years I've given them to my clients and family members. It's fun. -------- You are doing great...Carry on! :

Lyn - WOW - another pound down. That's wonderful. Did you get your xmas stuff. Be careful in that snow.

MJ - hope your weekend is fun.

Shout out to schmoodle, rhonda and anyone else that stops by.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #30  

Beverlyjoy~
I got practically nothing for Christmas so far. I am in deep doo doo. We got a teeny bit of snow and I am hoping it just melts so I can do marathon shopping tomorrow while kids are in school.