Old 12-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/?/155

Height: 5'8

Smile This is the time of a fresh start!

So I was never overweight growing up, I mean infact I was very thin. I had nicknames such as "Girfaffe" when I was nine for being so tall and thin, and then "Skeleton" when I was 13 for being again tall and thin. "Flagpole with waist and boobs" when I was 16 when I had the curves.

Then I was diagnosed with scitzoid-effective disorder when I was 19 and my life changed. By the time I reached 21 years of age with weight ranges still stayting at 160 infact I still weighted 160 when I decided to try a new drug called "Zyprexa" well over the course of four months I went from 160 to 210. I could not stop eating on that drug it made me feel like I was never full. It also slowed my high metabolism down so much that I put the weight on so fast!

Then I hit by the end of that year turning into 2004 I was at 240 In February I needed to make a change.

My parents payed and I joined La Weight Loss thanks to the program In four months I was down at 200. I then Met the love of my life October 1,2004 weighing in between 199 to 200. Well I was on different ant meds, Abilify, but then that caused health problems and I gained more and went up to 220

I lingered there and then on Geodone went up to 263 making my blood pressure sky rocket!! I maintained 263 over the next four years, until I hit in August 288 then decided I had to make a change. I was miserable on Seroqual and have come off of it and going on much older drugs that don't do anything to my appetitite.

I had tried over the past four years: La Weight loss again but quit becuase couldn't keep eating the bars and the people working at that one close to my house were very rude and un supportive. Weight watchers I didn't do well on, Jenny Craig got me binging in the late hours and OA just wasn't for me!

So In August stepping onto the scale and seeing 288 I almost passed out!

I could hardly walk up the street and I had been exercsing on and off over the past four years my fiance who I have been with this whole time was the one to get me into it.

I had a gym pass and then my parents converted a room into a gym room. I currently live with my parents. Well we have a treadmill, television, weight system and ab machine. Ever since August I have used those ranging from five to seven days a week of course doing the weights every other day.

Well I had enough of Seroqual at the end of November and since then been going through withdrawl to misery on trying a new med that had bad outcomes. Tomorrow I see the psychiatrist and I try another old drug that will make me feel good. I have hope once my meds are situated I can then do what I want to do.

Do La Weightloss from home: I have the books and the knowledge, I wont have to pay (can't afford it) and I can well stick to it and no longer yo-yo and this time really see an effort everyday from me. I go back to using La Weightloss because it got me from 240 down to 200 I want to get down to 200 again for health reasons I need to. So I will be doing that everyday.

This is the time for a fresh start

Every birthday I have had I have been depressed at such little progress well this is going to change. I don't care how much I loose just as long as I am sticking to a healthy routine and knowing I will have the outcome I have been waiting for. Something tells me my 27th birthday July 7,2009 I will be happy because I will have made some progress by then.

This is a new me now for health!

Plus I am addicted to exercise! So I can't wait once meds are fixed and stuff to get back into that solid routine.

I loose myself on the treadmill to my mp3 player and I love the weights and abs

I have posted some progress pics but they are unfair lol because coming down from 288 to 258 wasn't full effort most of it is me being sick getting meds adjusted but hey I am not complaining!!! A good jump start!!

Oh and I have made it for the first time below 263 in four years that is a huge progress for me!!!
determined27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 AM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Determined27, your story is very inspiring. You've been through a lot of ups and downs but you're obviously so persistent that I know you'll get where you want to be. I hope that you have more success with the next drug that you try. Lucky for you, you've got some great things on your side, like having a gym in your house! How cool!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Those medications can really do a number on your metabolism. Congratulations to you for not giving up!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your progress so far! I had no idea those medications could do such a number on you. Good for you for focusing on the getting healthy aspect. You are well on your way and sound very positive and focused.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome! Good for you for battling through the ill effects of the meds. And all that exercise is impressive. I have a hate-hate relationship with most forms of activity!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I think your screen name says it all. That's what I call determined.

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288.6/288.6/188

Height: 5'3"

Yay for you! It sounds like you're off to a great start! "Addicted to exercise." That sounds great!
skinnymrs is offline   Reply With Quote