Old 12-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Katie ... At your weight 1100-1300 calories is not enough. YOu should not be going below 1200 calories w/out a doctors supervision to begin with. At your weight and height, I'd say 1800 calories would be a good starting place. Or 1500 if you feel you MUST go lower.

Also ... I'd caution you against limiting calories that low AND going low/no fat. Fat is good for you. You need healthy fats so that your body can properly process the vitamins and minerals and to maintain healthy hair and skin. Healthy fats also keep you feeling full for longer. Things like olive oil, fats from fish, avocado, nuts, etc. Going "no fat" is a bad diet idea and especially when combining it with a too low calorie levle.

Finally ... the cleanse? You don't need to "cleanse". Your body does that all by itself. Eat good healthy fibers, drink a lot of water, and get some exercise. But don't take "cleanses" or pills or powders. They're a waste of money and time.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #32  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Hi Katie - Ditto on what PhotoChick said. I started out almost the same height and weight. Make sure you eat enough, trust me you WILL lose even eating 1800 cal.

Best of luck and Happy New Year!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote