Old 12-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ 248/ 165

Height: 5' 11"

Default Office Christmas Party :(

Today I woke up feeling great! I had a GNC Lean shake for breakfast, then my wife and I hit the malls to find a dress for her Christmas party tonight. At 2pm we were famished so we stopped into a Chinese restaurant for lunch. The food was fried, greasy, and not very tasty. We finished our shopping and when I got home I logged on to FitDay and filled out my Calorie Counter... I'm over my calories!!! Tonight is a big formal banquet. I understand that going so long without eating was a bad idea (should have brought a snack). Eating Chinese was a worse one (there is always a Subway around). Now I am going out somewhere to eat instead of calling it a night. I'm frustrated.
Z~
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #2  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Make good, healthy choices tonight. Eat your veggies and protein. Don't drink, or if you do get something that's light and SIP IT. Skip the sugar in all its forms. Dust yourself off, get up, keep going.

Oh, and drink your water! The sodium in your lunch was probably through the roof!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #3  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Z - you are doing better than you think. You thought about how you ate, posted about it, and learned from it. So now just pick up and keep going. The great thing about the weight loss journey is that you can always start to make healthy choices right now. Remember better is better even if it's just a little better.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ 248/ 165

Height: 5' 11"

The evening started well... Water was served in the same glasses as mixed drinks (no fear of being non social). The salad was great, no cheese or croutons and it had a light vinaigrette, not cream dressing (so far so good). Then the main course... chicken cordon blu (and not the Healthy Choice kind) with fettuccine. Pasta, chicken wrapped in bacon covered in a cheesy cream sauce, I don't think it gets less healthy(save for fried Twinkies). I ate most all of it... it was very good. I decided not to let it get me down. I even got up the courage to dance, nothing is more embarrassing than being "the fat man" on the dance floor (but it made my wife happy). I was almost double my daily calories but today is a new day. Thank you everyone for the tips and support. Sidhe, you were right the sodium in that food was crazy high. I drank lots of water. DisgruntledOne, I had a good time despite myself. I think because I fell off so soon after starting bothered me most. Rodeogirl, you're right I start fresh this morning, lessons learned. Lean Shake for breakfast anyone?
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #5  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Zerocool
Sounds like you did really good! I'm not sure what plan you are following but I've heard from two different sources...my WW leader and my physician that an occassional treat day in not necessarily bad. It is especially not bad if you get right back on plan right away OR plan it right into your program. I'm sure you've heard a hundred times, "This is a lifestyle, not a diet"..you can't live the rest of your life never having a treat day or eating something that you really really want even if it doesn't fit into your plan. The trouble would be if you had the all or nothing thinking (like I used to) and shi* can the whole eating plan because you overdid it one day.

Good job too coming here asking for help and then coming back afterwards. I think that is really important.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

One meal does NOT kill a healthy eating plan. But letting one meal get you down does. You are back on plan and you'll be just fine I'm proud of you for getting up and dancing. You burnt some of the calories right off right away!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #7  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Great job Zero - you sound really pleased with where you are at today!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote