Old 12-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Default Back again.....

I am back as well. I have had my wake up calls so to speak since August when I got off the plane. (I live in Asia so have to fly 10 -12 hours at a time.) When I fly now I can BARELY move when I get up and off the plane which I find very scary. I limp like and crazy and the Korean airline person actually thought I needed a wheelchair! Several of my friends (they are not necessarily overweight) who live here or in Europe say the compression socks solved this problem for them. I am also having a terrible time in the morning getting out of bed because of the aches in my legs. Another issue was in the night for about two months I waking up with awful leg cramps but walking on the treadmill and getting my blood flowing have been a big help. I see if I don't do it I have them all over again. My job consists of a lot of seated work.

So here I go again....

I am trying to do ten pounds a month although I know Dec. is a lousy time to start but I figure watching it this month will keep me from going wild on food and….maybe I can actually have my goal by January 1 of losing 10 pounds. I am trying to walk on the treadmill here in the gym at my house and was thinking about the Wii Fit as a way to get some exercise in that I think is fun. The biggest problem will be the 6 days in Japan for Christmas with my brother. My sister in law loves to cook but they have a gym there as well.

Yesterday I was scared in the middle of a presentation with teachers. I am a computer teacher for teachers and their students and sometimes I just work with teachers. Well….even though I am blessed to have a wonderful staff….they make me nervous because I want to do a good job for them. I feel like they deserve it after being the teacher themselves all day long. Anyway….the point is I got going in the beginning and I was almost out of breath...it was like my lungs were so filled I could not even speak without weazing.…not sure if it was stress or weight or a combo but it was one of the reasons I have reinforced myself to get my old body back.

In the long term if I actually did 10 pounds a month I would be 70 pounds lighter by June 30. I can’t imagine that as I think the last time it happened was 1990?? Maybe this time I will be there. I would love to spend summer working on losing but already below 200 pounds.

Most of the long timers here know I come and go but I really hope this time I stay for awhile and show a significant loss.

Currently I walking and counting calories. 2000 calories a day for now and using Fitday to record it all. I walk a few days a week on the treadmill to get myself used to it.

Any encouragement or suggestions would be welcome!

Have a great weekend.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

welcome back darlene xx
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, Darlene! I'm just back myself after a complete regain of all the weight I'd lost. I'm planning on staying around this time!

Have you considered making your goals all about lifestyle and choices, rather than an arbitrary number on the scale? If it doesn't throw up what we want to see it can be so discouraging. And if you work your plan, it will work for you.

Welcome back!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

back Darlene! I agree with DishyFishy about not worrying too much about reaching specific goals on the scale. This time I decided I was sticking to my plan no matter how slow the weight comes off and I'm doing so much better.
Even ten pounds loss will make you feel so much better.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Darlene!

I think we're having a resurfacing of MANY oldies here!!! And I'm VERY pleased about it!

I've missed so many of you SO much!
I have never left, but have spent most of this year regaining my most recent loss BUT, still here and still happy.

It's so good to see you back!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #6  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back, Darlene!

Yes, December is a tough month to start, but you are up to the challenge!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome Back!!! Glad you posted...we are here to cheer you on.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Darlene,

I am a newcomer myself but welcome back!

Have you thought about seeing a doctor? It sounds like something serious might be going on.

Good luck and Best wishes,
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Darlene!!

Glad to see you back. I am glad that you know you always have a home to come back to!!!

I too need to get back at it. But the "holidays" just suck you in. Just do your best to get through them without too much damage.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Welcome back. Good for you to recognize what you need to do. I agree December is difficult but it can be done!

On another note, what you mention about the breathing--well, it has happened to me before when presenting material. I am not sure but think I was having panic attacks. My doctor confirmed this and offered Xanax but I refused them. Could this be the case for you? I mean, your symptoms and the way you describe the situation sounds an awful lot like my deal.

Before I started my lifestyle change I could sit for even an hour at a time and when I stood I felt as if I was going to fall back down again. My knees were always popping and to worsen matters I had Plantar fascitus. (SP?) My foot is better now--in fact, nearly completely gone and I am jogging daily.

This can be done. You know it can. How exciting to be in Korea. I haven't been there but have lived in other parts of Asia. Enjoy the culture and all it has to offer.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #12  
One pound at a time...

back Darlene! I am so glad to see you posting again!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Darlene, you can do it! Unfortunately, many of us are struggling, but we can do this! You have made the first step... good for you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #14  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Thanks to familar faces and the new faces for welcoming me back! I have thought maybe something serious was happening and might see about getting to the doctor over the Christmas break as we have a rockin' off base hospital. Korea has a form of national health care so going to the doctors here can be amazingly cheap for great medical care.

I have been on plan for most of the week. I also wantd to thank you for the advice about lifestyle changes and choices. I do eat very well that is not much junk (although I will wrestle a bag of cheetos) to ground every few weeks. I think what my biggest issue is the amounts of food. Too much of a good thing so to speak.

I tend to eat the following:
Breakfast
Kashi go lean crunch with bananas or a soy shake with a banana

Lunch
Tuna with or without light mayo
triscuits
apple or another fruit
light yogurt

Snacks along the way....
popcorn, south beach 100 calorie snack bar, sugar free popsicle of cheese.

Dinner is what kills me....
Staying home I just eat what is here and this week I have only good stuff....chicken, lots of different veggies brown rice

Eating out ....I tend to eat ethnic foods like Korean of course, Indian veggie, Italian or Greek dishes

However this week I have eaten only if I can find a calorie count and not very much at all.

My biggest change is MEASURING. I do that with everything that does not come in a serving size.

Baby steps.....and if I even walk away from December maintaining I will be very happy.
Have nice Saturday!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #15  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Darlene you can totally get to 165 and think how great that will feel.

I hear you about eating out, that was my biggest downfall. I have cut WAY back on eating out but it's been a really easy switch in a lot of ways. Now when I eat out it feels like a big treat which is fun and I'm saving money by eating in more and by bringing leftovers home instead of cleaning my plate.

Glad to have you around!!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote