Old 12-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

Darlene, I'm so glad to hear you say that you eat healthy but have to watch the amounts. It used to drive me crazy that I eat well; mostly veggies, with a good mix of proteins, grains, etc... And still I'd gain. While my friends might dine daily on fast food or my favorite, the "Doritos and coke" (vegetarian-LOL) diet, and still rock out a 120 pound healthy looking body.
I finally had to come to terms with the fact that I was most likely healthier on the inside and working towards long term health. Also, there's a fine chance those bad habits will catch up with them later. Portion control has been my biggest lesson on this journey.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #17  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Yeah the eating out is my biggest problem along with portions at dinner. Today was the last of the big holiday parties for me and I did ok. Not fatastic but now awful and tomorrow I am in for the day and I won't have to worry about any food "challenges" that are not of my own making. If that makes any sense at all. You go to parties and it is hard for me. I was trying not to eat but the host is there saying come on have something.....

Anyway I lived through to fight another day tomorrow.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Smile

back Darlene!
So glad to see you around
one step at the time...buy a kitchen scale, measure all the foods...write it down...drink water....veggies...try some exercise...again one step at a time
i have tried many times before and i have failed...but this time i knew i can...i haven't lost a lot...but still since january i lost almost 70lbs...many more of us have lost more weight...but you know what? i'm glad i did it...i didn't quit...i have failed still ...but next day i started over...and over
i know you can do it this time! you know you can!
good luck!
looking forward to hear from you more often!
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote