Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default DECEMBER NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #2  
Never, never, never quit!

S/C/G: 226.2/213.2/120

Height: 5'6"

I have a little NSV...

I received my signature today! The 3FC boards have really been helping me to stay focused and motivated I'm nearing the one month milestone of my new life!

Thank you all!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #3  
One pound at a time...

For the first time in about 9 years, I was able to go into a normal store and buy regular sized pajamas.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #4  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLabLover View Post
For the first time in about 9 years, I was able to go into a normal store and buy regular sized pajamas.

AWESOME!!! WTG Carol!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I put on a pair of pants today I have not worn in 6 months and they are BAGGY!!!! BAGGY I SAY! /that is all
Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I've been sick for 3 days now and I have not had one piece of buttered toast. That's really a big NSV... I'm telling you, when I am sick, I can eat an entire loaf of buttered toast all by myself.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Imstrongenough.....woo hoo. good job staying around long enough to get the allusive signature!

Choclablover....that's wonderful! You have a whole new set of options for jammies. the best clothing in the world!
cfmama......time to ask for clothes for xmas. I see mega shopping in your future.
lynn2007....sorry you are sick but happy you didn't turn into the toast monster!
All ladies....good to see us all making improvements.
My turn my pants are no longer fitting. everytime I sit and look down there seems to be this extra material. looks like I am missing a body part!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #8  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Congrats to all on your wonderful NSVs to kick of December.

I got to take my belt in another notch today - woohoo!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I went shopping at the Gap outlet. I bought a pair of regular 16 jeans! So I'm no plus sized any more! I also bought two tops, one a medium and one a large. 3 months ago I was in an XXL.

Since the pants were on MAJOR sale, I bought two pairs of 14s. I could button them but they were tight. I like pants really loose. Basically if I have to unbutton them to pee then I don't want to wear them! Hopefully they'll fit right by the new year!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #10  
Keep on Walkin'

S/C/G: 320/*Ticker*/130

Right now in my house I have, homemade fudge...cheesecake...pumpkin pie...pecan pie...hershey minis...apple pie cuties...and homemade chocolate chip cookies (cause i recently moved back in with the 'rents and my dad is a sugar junkie) and I just chose to eat grapes!!! Im very proud of myself for that. The biggest problem I have is willpower, so this is a big deal for me!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #11  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Don't think I've posted about this before. My husband's snoring is much improved since he's lost 40+ pounds. And my sleeping is much improved since diet changes / weight loss...so...the result is, we're actually able to sleep in the same bed most nights now! That is HUGE for us. I'm not constantly waking him up to roll over to stop his snoring anymore, or kicking him out of bed altogether.

Also, as I was helping him cook dinner tonight...wearing my sports bra and sweat pants...he leaned in to nibble at my shoulder, then declared it "tough." As in, the pushups and other workouts I'm doing are building muscle, and he noticed the difference. Awesome!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I can sit on the floor, spread my legs out and lean forward and lay my forearms on the floor in front of me Flexibility coming back by leaps and bounds!!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #13  
career counselor a-gogo

I wrapped up half my sandwich!!

Ok maybe this needs some explaining. You know the character "Joey" from Friends? Well I love sandwiches more than he does. If I had to choose between a salami sandwich and an entire cheesecake (and I love cheesecake) the sammich wins hands down.

So the last couple times I've gotten a sandwich at our student union building I've noticed that if I eat the whole thing I'm more full than I need to be. It's not a huge sub sandwich, just a regular size. So today I had them wrap up half and I took it with me and ate the other half there. I wasn't hungry at all after eating the first half and now have half a sandwich to eat tonight.

About 8 weeks ago I remember coming home and eating not one, but TWO 12" sandwiches from Subway. I hadn't eaten all day and I chowed down.

To go from that to half a regular sandwich sort of boggles the mind.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #14  
career counselor a-gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I can sit on the floor, spread my legs out and lean forward and lay my forearms on the floor in front of me Flexibility coming back by leaps and bounds!!!!!
Damn I wish I could do that, lol!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #15  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Awww, I can't believe it's time for December NSVs already! Feels like November just started! Hehe I'm so excited for the holidays!

My NSV of the day was that someone brought it a huge box of donuts to work today, and I did NOT have one! Woohoo! They looked so delicious, and they were the cakey kind rather than the really disgusting fried-in-pure-fat kind (lol) and I almost started thinking hmm, maybe just this once won't hurt... But I just put the lid on the box and walked away instead, before I could get myself into any trouble! Lol.
Closed Thread