Old 11-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Help!! I think I'm losing my mind!!...

*Warning-open bathroom conversation *

So since I've started dieting I've noticed some weird changes going on in regards to bathroom habits. I have to mention here that I've always had IBS issues. So my digestive system is always on the fritz. I'm also on a high fiber diet which is quite the opposite from my old eating habits.

I've noticed I'm much more regular in regards to going number 2 which is a good thing, but, I've noticed like a dull aching pain I think originating from my colon. It hurts when I set sometimes but its not like hemorrhoids. The pain comes and goes in severity and seems to be less severe after passing gas. Its been like this for about a week.

I've also noticed I'm going pee more often, the pee is clear in color but I get the urge more often and the amount has decreased. I'm wondering if whatever colon issues I'm having are putting pressure on my bladder?? I don't have any other symptoms other than the wacky bathroom trends.

Anyway, if you've suffered through this long thread, Thanks!!! If any of you have ever had anything like this or know anything about it let me know!! I'm sitting here losing my mind thinking I have colon cancer and my kidneys are failing!! (Yes, I'm a HUGE hypochondriac! )
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #2  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

LOL!! I had cancer last week, too! (Not to make light of anyone that does have cancer) I had a rash on my breast and extreme tenderness. I was positive I had inflammatory breast cancer! Until ToM started the next day and my boobs went back to normal (except for the rash which is just from having biggish boobs that get sweaty...tmi)

About the bowels...I don't know much about that, except if it doesn't get better with in a few weeks, I'd get it checked out. I know the lower fat, healthier foods, tons of fiber has caused odd changed in me too but no pain. Just better regularity and G-A-S. LOL

Glad we're all grownups here!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I would say, if the pain continues for much longer, make a dr. appointment. It might just be your IBS reacting to the fiber, or just the fiber waking your colon up a bit. After I started eating healthy with more fiber, I have become VERY regular! and that's a good thing. you probably pee more often because you are drinking more water, but if the volume is less, then idk.....maybe have that checked out too. wish i could be of more help
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #4  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

If you are peeing more and it's less yellow that's usually associated with increasing your water intake and is a good sign. Less yellow means fewer toxins being flushed out because they are being flushed out more regularly.

If you haven't increased your water intake I'd mention that to the doctor next time you're there.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #5  

I think I'm still peeing the normal amount. I really think me worrying about it so much made me pee more. BUT I do always have a feeling of bladder fullness and didn't know if maybe its just cause my IBS is acting up and its putting pressure on my bladder.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Is there an urgency to pee? A burning when you do? Do you feel like you have to pee RIGHT after you just did? All signs of a bladder infection.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #7  

Nope, I unfortunately am all to familiar with UTI's and thats not it. I don't really have any pain when peeing, just a feeling of bladder fullness. But yah never know I could be making it all up in my head. I've learned anxiety and worry can bring on a lot of symptoms that wouldn't ever be there otherwise! I will see if I notice it tomorrow at work when I'm pre occupied and not obsessing!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #8  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

sounds to me like the fiber you're eating now is causing gas pain and bloating. the ladies are right though, if it doesn't go away in awhile, make an appointment to see your doctor. i have had such bad gas at times that i could barely even sit in a chair! it can be excruciating. believe me, you're not dying! throwing your IBS into the equation most likely makes it worse too.
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
If you are peeing more and it's less yellow that's usually associated with increasing your water intake and is a good sign. Less yellow means fewer toxins being flushed out because they are being flushed out more regularly.

If you haven't increased your water intake I'd mention that to the doctor next time you're there.
IANAD, and I don't wish to alarm the OP, but...

Clear urine is not always a good sign.

It might be because of increased water, but it can, among other things, be a sign of problems with the kidneys. If one is worried about sudden changes, it's wisest to consult a doctor.

Last edited by DishyFishy; 11-25-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

All I know is I have such a prob with having to go. I eat lots of fiber now too....including metamucial a couple times a day. Some days there is still nothing. It's very uncomfortable and I can't help but think that causes the scale to slow down cause it means my body isnt digesting the food properly or that my metabalism is slow or something.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #11  

I feel much better today. I went to the bathroom twice instead of once. I'm beginning to think I got very neurotic for no reason and it was just a little spastic colon issues because my body is adjusting to my new way of life. I'm gonna keep an eye on it though and see a doc if it doesn't go away!!! Thanks for all your help!! It did help me sleep last night!!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I'm glad you are feeling better, btw....usually when you have kidney issues, your urine is darker (more concentrated) and you produce much less of it.
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote