Old 11-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #16  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

We have homemade pasta & meatballs for Thanksgiving. I will eat what I want, and not overdo it. I will also bring my own diet soda.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My plans are to eat the foods that I don't get that often - stuffing, roasted turkey, cranberries & a little gravy. I can eat potatoes, sweet potatoes and rolls anytime. Instead of green bean casserole, I'll make green beans with a touch of olive oil and garlic powder. I can fill my plate with that.

It's just one meal...then I'll send the leftover home with others.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #18  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

We have dinner at my mom's so no leftovers for me (thank goodness). I'll walk/jog to her house (for the turkey trot 5K ) and eat intuitively and not stuff my face. I plan on having plenty of veggies, turkey, one wheat roll and a little something for dessert.

Last edited by Gela; 11-18-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #19  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

I found a picture of thanksgiving dinner from about 5 years ago. The picture shows our thanksgiving table laid out. I remember clearly dishing up some food and then jumping up to take a picture.

When I looked at the picture I saw my plate. I had just begun to put food on it so all I had was stuffing and mashed potatoes. I did a double take. They were mountains of stuffing and potatoes. MOUNTAINS!

Knowing what I know now I did some quick estimating and I believe there are well over 2000 calories on my plate. I always have seconds at Thanksgiving (or should say used to, heh) so that was just the tip of the iceberg. Plus I hadn't even piled on the turkey, corn fritters, gravy, sweet potatos, olives, cranberry sauce, etc.

UGH! Disgusting!

I will enjoy stuffing this year, but in a reasonable enjoyable portion. I'm looking forward to not feeling like a beached whale after supper.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #20  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Regarding leftovers, I want to reduce the amount of them. I'm going to be hosting seven people, and I wonder if that's too few for a full turkey? Even a little one? If it is, ideas for what else to do?
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #21  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Cook the turkey and send the leftovers home with guests?
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Cooked turkey freezes just fine. Just cube it, bag it, freeze it and use later for turkey salad, soups, enchiladas, and casseroles.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #23  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I'm going to look like a complete weirdo in front of my family (thank goodness it's just me, my mom, dad, brother & uncle this year) but they should understand. I'm having my healthy choice turkey dinner. It's 290 calories and includes turkey, some gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing and some cranberries. I had one a couple weeks ago and it was actually pretty good! If I do get any other food like collard greens or my mom's mac n cheese, (yum ) I'm just going to have ~1 Tbsp! I'm just starting off with this and have a long way to go, so I don't need all of those extra calories

Last edited by butterflygurl; 11-18-2008 at 08:52 PM.
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #24  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I'm going to eat my faves but in control... I will log the portions into my Fitday beforehand and then measure my food so I know what I can have.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote