Old 11-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Angry Stupid car accidents :(

I just need to have a little rant about my night yesterday!

I went out to Outback steakhouse with my dear bf. I had a great dinner! And it was healthy, I had a 7oz filet with steamed broccoli and a side salad with Oil and Vinegar and one glass of merlot I was very proud of myself for being able to eat out and stick to my South Beach diet.

So DBF and I are on our way home on a road with no street lights, and some lady in a black car is in the middle of the road at 11 o'clock at night!!! Apparently her car "stalled" She didn't have any lights on at all! So my bf swerved and instead of T-Boning them like less skilled drivers probably would've, we side swiped their car, but the impact was still at 50 mph. So...long story short, we both have some serious whiplash, my knee is all messed up and my poor contractor bf is without a truck and the damage is probably upwards of 10,000 dollars.

Why can't people drive!?!? geez I tell ya! And after speaking to the cop we come to find out, the cop doesn't believe the car stalled either, the car didn't belong to the driver and he thinks she just had no clue how to drive it!!

What upsets me even more is that she had 5 kids in her car. I'm so glad my bf is such a good driver otherwise I shutter to think of what could've been. Why would you ever drive a car with tons of kids in it, a night, when you don't know how to drive it??!?! ...good news is the cop wrote the report totally blaming her (which he should have), so our insurance shouldn't have to pay anything.

I'm just really upset because now I'm laid up recovering and exercise will have to be put on the back burner until I'm feeling better
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I am so sorry to hear about your accident Qtest, but I'm glad everyone is okay! And while you may have to lay off the exercise for a little while, at least you can still stay on plan!

Good luck with everything and I hope your bf gets his truck back quickly! Feel better!!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Good thing you're OK, that could have been so much worse. And chances are, in a few days, you'll feel new pains. Take it easy and don't aggravate any of your injuries.
I've had to stop exercising (because of an injury) in the middle of a good loosing streak and I know how frustrating it is.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #4  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Glad to hear you're ok and it sure sounds like a frustrating experience!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #5  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

WOW...I am sure glad you are ok. Also glad that none of those kids got hurt. Its unfortunate that some people are so focused on what they "want" that they forget to focus on their current circumstances.

luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Thanks for all your support. I just felt like ranting cause I hate all the headaches that come with getting in car accidents. If one more insurance agent calls me...haha I'm just bored outta my mind recovering. Only so much web surfing you can do!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hope you both heal quickly! Thankfully no one was hurt and it won't come out of your insurance.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Feel better...know that thanks to you guys no one was hurt!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, I hate careless drivers! Thank the heavens you're ok and that those kids are ok. Obviously the woman was not the brightest person in the world, but at least all the damages are on her dime, and rightly so.
Gypsy Severina is offline   Reply With Quote