Old 11-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Joining the 100+ club.

I've been looking at the different support forums and decided it would be best for me to pick one and stick with it.

So I thought I'd join you lovely ladies (and gents, though I haven't seen any on this particular forum yet) in the 100+ club.

I started my new eating plan about a month ago. I didn't weigh myself at the time but was over 300 lbs based on past experience and how my clothes were fitting. I think I'm hovering at about 300 atm but not sure.

I'm going to see if I can find a scale today but I live in a small town where it takes over an hour to get anywhere with a variety of shopping but hopefully I can find one at our version of a mall the local Fred Meyer, haha. I was going to just weigh in at the doctors office, but decided maybe a weekly weigh in day will be best.

Alright wish me luck finding a big enough scale. I'm hoping to find one that goes to 330 instead of just 300 in case i'm still over the 300 mark.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 11-09-2008 at 03:39 PM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #2  
career counselor a-gogo

Oh and my first goal is to go from wherever I am to 199lbs. I don't think I've been under 200lbs since middle school.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC rodeogirl! You'll love the 100+ group, lots of friendly helpful people here.

What type of eating plan are you following?
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

to the 100+ thread. Here you will meet a great bunch of people whom are in the same boat as you or have been so understand where you are coming from. People here are only too willing to answer any questions you may have.

with finding scales for your home. One little bit of advice I will give you is take your body measurements with a tape measure. I so wish I had done mine earlier in my journey. You may find if scales are not budging the inches are sure coming off which gives you encouragement.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #5  
career counselor a-gogo

My eating plan is sort of made up and evolving every day. I've been trying to keep things really simple and see how it goes then adjust if it's not working.

So far my routine is:

1. Make sure I take my thyroid medication every day.

2. Eat only when I am hungry, but also make sure I eat when I am hungry.

3. Eat about 1 cup worth of food at one sitting. The exception being vegetables. For example I can eat as much as I want of raw spinach so long as I only eat 1 serving of salad dressing. The vegetables have to be the only thing that increases.

4. Wait at least one hour after eating my portion of food before deciding if I'm still hungry. If after 1 hour I'm still hungry, I eat another cup of food.

5. I place no restrictions on what goes into the cup of food. If I want to eat a cup of butter that's ok. Gross. But Ok.

6. Track everything I eat at the DailyPlate.com so I can look for better choices of foods.

I just started #6 yesterday after reading about it on this site. As for #5 I find that restrictions of types of food really don't work for me. I just get hung up wishing I could have whatever food I put on the no-no list. By restricting the amount of food and knowing that whenever I'm hungry I am allowed to eat, I find many of the psychological barriers removed.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

Purple - thanks for the idea about measurements. I know I can find a sewing tape measure at Fred Meyer!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 291/285/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post

5. I place no restrictions on what goes into the cup of food. If I want to eat a cup of butter that's ok. Gross. But Ok.

As for #5 I find that restrictions of types of food really don't work for me. I just get hung up wishing I could have whatever food I put on the no-no list. By restricting the amount of food and knowing that whenever I'm hungry I am allowed to eat, I find many of the psychological barriers removed.
Hi rodeogirl

I totally agree with that. When I have a "no-no list" I seem to want it to the point where I only want to eat those things. I think your idea is good. It doesn't mean that you WILL eat those things but are less likely to crave them.
mikeysangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #8  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Rodeogirl!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You can do this! You are worth it!

p.s. I LOVE Fred Meyer!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

welcome welcome!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #11  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome!!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #12  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Default Hello Miss Washington!!

You will learn so much around here. It is amazing! I am glad you joined us!
Just jump in here and enjoy. You will figure out what works for you. Just keep track of your weight , when you get your scales . They will let you know if you are on the right track. Really focus on keeping your numbers going in the right direction! Good Luck !

Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
I've been looking at the different support forums and decided it would be best for me to pick one and stick with it.

So I thought I'd join you lovely ladies (and gents, though I haven't seen any on this particular forum yet) in the 100+ club.

I started my new eating plan about a month ago. I didn't weigh myself at the time but was over 300 lbs based on past experience and how my clothes were fitting. I think I'm hovering at about 300 atm but not sure.

I'm going to see if I can find a scale today but I live in a small town where it takes over an hour to get anywhere with a variety of shopping but hopefully I can find one at our version of a mall the local Fred Meyer, haha. I was going to just weigh in at the doctors office, but decided maybe a weekly weigh in day will be best.

Alright wish me luck finding a big enough scale. I'm hoping to find one that goes to 330 instead of just 300 in case i'm still over the 300 mark.
welcome! this place and ppl are amazing! post often so we can get to know you!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #14  
career counselor a-gogo

Thanks for all the welcomes - I'm really excited to hear everyone's stories and be encouraged along the way.

I got a nice scale which has a blue LED!!! (I have a weird thing for anything with blue LED lights, lol)

I decided to go ahead and weigh myself so I had a starting point of some kind. I will weigh myself in the mornings after this but it was nice to have a known starting place. Which was dun dunnn dun....

318.6lbs. More than the 300 I thought I was at but less than my last weigh in at the doctors office by about 10 lbs. So I've got my official starting line and am off!

(Oh and I can't wait to hit my 20 days here so 1. I can see how much progress I manage to make and 2. so I don't have to cut and paste my little horse below every time!)

Last edited by rodeogirl; 11-09-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

welcome to the 100lb club!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote