Old 11-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Bikini season

So I took the plunge today and ordered a cute little pink and white polka dot bikini from Victorias Secret today!! I might be a little optimistic but, I figure its not warm enough to be in it til July so my goal is to look good enough to wear it in public by then!! I've never worn less than a tankini so hopefully hanging that little cute swimsuit in my room somewhere I see it everyday will push me to FINALLY have a bikini body!! ::crosses fingers::
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #2  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Great idea! With your gorgeous hight (I'm so jealous!), your legs will look about three miles long by summertime. And one suggestion- I'm on a tremendous cardio yoga kick right now, and I have found that my core is so much less "wiggly" lately, WITHOUT the dreaded "crunches" that I used to hate to do. Bikinis, here we come!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5

i did kinda the same thing but with a dress from VS. It's not really my size, but i'm hoping that by summer it will be! good luck to you, i'm sure you'll look great!!
summerkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #4  
Workin' It

I've been trying to work up the nerve to buy a bikini... Good for you for actually doing it!

Second the cardio yoga - I've done a lot of it lately, and I can see a difference in my tummy and my back...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #5  

I love pilates and I find that helps too strengthen my core. I'll have to look into the cardio yoga. Less jiggle is always a good thing!

summerkate- this bikini def isn't my size and I'm not even gonna TRY to get into it when I first get it. Just hang it up and admire it and hopefully it will be a constant reminder I would like to wear it and not look like a blimp at some point

Shannon- You better get the nerve to order a bikini and put your skinny little 120lb butt in it and strut your stuff!!

Last edited by QTestRDH; 11-19-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #6  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Oh I love doing that.. well not with bikini's but with tops.
I have a couple dresses that I bought around the 150's and as I kept losing I'd measure my progress if I couldn't really see it in my clothes by trying em on..
They would fit but not like.. fit fit.. and it wasn't til I got to my mid 140's where they fit comfortably..
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #7  

Good for you!. I think thats a great idea. Visually gives you something to look foward to and work hard for.
Me, I've accepted the fact that I will never be able to wear a bikini (due to ridiculous amounts of stretch marks, and possible saggy skin once I lose my fat)
But, once I get closer to goal, if I find some smaller cute outfits at a good price I'll probably do the same thing.

Last edited by luvja; 11-19-2008 at 03:24 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Great idea. I do the same thing with jeans. I buy the style I like in the next size down. I just bought a new pair today. YAHOO>
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

That's great What an awesome motivator.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
Good for you!. I think thats a great idea. Visually gives you something to look foward to and work hard for.
Me, I've accepted the fact that I will never be able to wear a bikini (due to ridiculous amounts of stretch marks, and possible saggy skin once I lose my fat)
But, once I get closer to goal, if I find some smaller cute outfits at a good price I'll probably do the same thing.
Yah I don't really know what my body is gonna look like when I'm finally thin. The smallest I've ever been is a size 10ish. And I have stretch marks too that have been there since I was probalby 13, you know the awesome white stretch marks. Who knows what they will look like, but I'm winging it!