Owning it, to let it go

• Okay, so I didn't eat real good for breakfast.

DH, who is semi-retired, works part-time at Panera. He brings me home nice salads a couple of times a week, I'm grateful, as long as I swap out the dressing.
    They have started making breakfast sandwiches, with sausage patties. And sometimes, he brings leftovers home. So he made up a bunch of biscuits, and put them in the frig, packaged with a sausage patty, and told me, they were special for me, cause he knows that I love McD's sausage biscuits. [What this sabotage is about, I'm not sure, and this isn't the point of the post.]
    I thanked him, and have been carefully ignoring them, grabbing my plain fat free yogurt every morning.
    But this AM, I decided that I would have 1. And I did. And it was good. If I have a lo-fat lunch (progresso minestrone) and a salad and veges for dinner, this won't kill me once in a while.
    But, but, but ...
    The office manager went to our local cider mill and got unpasteurized cider and fresh donuts. I stayed out of the break room for an hour, really I did. But I had to ...had to...
    So good. Had I known, I would have skipped the biscuit.

So I'm going to walk for 15 mins at lunch today, and that workout that I was thinking of skipping (I have done cardio every day this week), is back on my plate.

I need to go on - and, in total, it was less than a turkey burger at Ruby Tuesdays'

This food thing is something else.
  • That wouldn't by any chance be Yates Cider Mill would it? (former Michigander)
  • Yep, acknowledge and move on sounds like the best way to deal with a lapse. We can't change the past, and dwelling on it surely isn't good for us.

So, how did the rest of your day go, Sue?
  • No, it would be Alber's in Manchester. I think that the Dexter mill is also non-pasteurized.

Well, the rest of the day didn't go so well, as family got pizza - Surprise, Mom, you don't have to think about dinner.

But Saturday was better.

Sunday lunch, which is usually light, was a big function, for another organization I belong to. So I also missed working out Sunday afternoon.
    Sunday dinner was potato pancakes with homemade applesauce and a salad.
    I'm up a pound, but this is the time to stop.
    Today, I am on program. And I have a nice Panera salad for lunch.
    Thanks for asking, DF - I wasn't going to say anything until I was perfect again, which may mean that I'd never post again!

I did manage to post everything in my FitDay, though, so I am getting more honest.

Sue
  • Quote: Today, I am on program. And I have a nice Panera salad for lunch.
    Good for you! Here's to an OP day!

Quote:
    Thanks for asking, DF - I wasn't going to say anything until I was perfect again, which may mean that I'd never post again!
    That was exactly why I stopped posting back in 2006....

I'm so pleased you didn't wait. Like your thread title says, own it and let it go.
  • My husband has done similar things in the past with bringing something home for me that isn't good for my diet but he knows I like. He never really realized that he was sabotaging me until I told him that although it was really sweet of him, it was making it hard for me to keep on track. He just thought he was being a good husband by bringing me something I like lol

We went to Franklin Cider Mill a few weeks ago. Talk about heaven in a cup! I just worked it into my exchange plan for the day I had Cider and a donut for lunch LOL