In Again, Begin Again

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Linda!! How wonderful to see you here, sweetie! (I must confess to not lurking much... *cough*... at all before diving right back in. )

I'm really happy to see that ticker of yours! 31 pounds off is fabbo!

I love your avatar too, btw. ♡

Off to read up on the forum now....
  • Quote: Welcome back!
    Thanks, gumboot. And congrats on your weight loss!

I'm finding lots of inspiration here already.
  • Look who's back!!!!

Sorry about the re-gain, but your here now and starting again and that's all that matters!!
  • Aww

I must admit that I'm NOT at 31 down anymore. I was doing GREAT from Jan 1st of this year, until around the end of March. At that time my Mama was diagnosed with lung cancer, and things went downhill from there!
    The last time I weighed myself I was 236, which would make me 17.5 pounds down now (still down, though!)

HOWEVER...I'm OK with that at this point. My focus NEEDED to be on my Mom. She's doing GREAT at the moment. She had 20 rounds of radiation in September. We're still waiting for a November scan to see how well it worked. But Mom is feeling great, and thank God it was caught at stage 1b, which is a miracle for lung cancer.

Today I am grateful, and happy that my Mom is doing well, but am having a hard time turning my focus back to myself....so you see, I really am right there with you!

xoxoxoxo

Linda
  • Good attitude, Linda. It's great that you keep things in perspective and focus on what is important. It just doesn't help us when we get discouraged and down on ourselves.
    (easy for me to say... ha)
  • Hi, Sandi! Still doing a fabulous job of modding, I see.

Linda, I'm so sorry about Mom, but glad to hear that she's doing well. My Mam died from lung cancer six years ago, so I understand what an impact it has. (She wasn't diagnosed until it was in the very advanced stages though. We don't really "do" doctors in our family; over 6 years in Canada and I still haven't registered with one myself.)

17.5 pounds down is still quite the achievement! You're always so kind and giving to others, and are worth every bit of time and effort you focus on yourself.
  • New to Forum, Not so new to weight issues
    Hello All-

As the title suggests, I am new to this site. I wasn't sure where to post, but I figured the 100 lbs support forum was an apt choice, as I have 100 lbs to lose.

My story is the same as many, always was a heavy kid. Tried different diets growing up. By the time I was 14 I weighed 246 lbs. Then I developed an eating disorder and I was thin for about 5 seconds , well, between 15 and 19 when I didn't actually eat anything I hovered around 150 lbs. From college onward my weight went up and down, but I never actually went over 200 lbs until 2 years ago. Now I am 28, 250 lbs and I'm 5'7". I blame my past eating habits for the situation I am in now, it wrecked havoc on my metabolism.

In general, I don't eat badly. I don't have a sweet tooth, so sweets is not my problem. I decided to join this site because I figured with so many people going through the same struggle, I am bound to find the support I need. Number one on my list is to start excercising again, that will help me the most. I probably could stand to cut some calories too. I kept a journal for the past two weeks of what I was eating, it ended up being an average of 1700 calories a day which I don't think is excessive and I don't think it should put me at 250 lbs......but who knows I could be wrong? Thats why I'm here.

Looking forwarded to meeting some wonderful People here!!!

Good Luck to you All

Liz
  • Hi, Liz! Welcome to 3FC!

This is definitely the right place to be when you have a lot of weight to shift. The support here is tremendous. (I've been away for a few years, but I'm back now, and looking forward to getting some of this weight off.)

Jump in and post often. You'll probably find you get more responses and welcomes if you start your own thread to introduce yourself.