Will this pain ever end? (OT)

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Thanks girls! I'm feeling better already. Going to meet a friend to watch him bowl tonight then going to sing some karaoke! I do a mean Cher!!!!
  • UGH! Guys can be such a**holes!

I know exactly what you are going through, because I spent most of my 20s with someone just like him. I did love him SO much, and I think part of that was because I could never quite make him what I needed. There's something to that whole idea of "hard to get". When it's just out of reach, it makes you insane trying to grasp it and keep it. And of course they always come back begging whenever you finally start to move on and are able to finally sleep in your own bed!!

Trust me when I tell you, you should do your best to make a clean break now, because this could literally go on for years and years (him coming and going and severely breaking your heart every time), and the next thing you know you'll feel like you wasted your whole youth on something that really wasn't worth it.

I agree with the other ladies that it's best to focus on YOURSELF right now, really take care of yourself!!! But if I were you, I wouldn't turn down any dates from nice guys who ask!! There's no cure for an old love like a new love! If nothing else, it'll be good for your self-esteem if you get some interest from others!!!

There's always someone else out there for you, girlfriend! If he was your one true love, it wouldn't be so friggin' hard to be with him!! Please trust me!
  • Quote: Is it because she's thinner than I am? I keep wondering that.
    Our fat always makes us feel so vulnerable. Like we aren't good enough, when in reality we are. This would have happened even if you were thin. It's hard to accept but this is about him, not you. You are a rock star (I am listening to pink), him...not so much!
  • You are a rock star (I am listening to pink), him...not so much!

It's so funny you said that. I made that song my new ring tone! Im feeling much stronger girls. Thank you for everything!
  • Three weeks is very little time to get through a grieving like this... think of it this way - a relationship has died, one that was very important to you.

Work on becoming your own best friend. Take care of yourself and the grief that you have. Do not go out and immediately connect with another man, because before you can have a healthy relationship with someone new, you must first be sure you have recovered from the breakup.

Find ways to be loving to yourself. As you are ready, get out and do things just for you.

Another loving relationship will one day form, but if you force it, it might be even more destructive than the relationship you just left.
  • Today was the first day that I didn't want to cry. I am healing quickly. I hope that's a good thing. I just don't want to be sad and miserable. No man is worth your happiness. EVER!!! I'm going to make my life what I want it to be and use this experience to learn more about who I am and what I want from life. The right guy will come along. And if not? It will be fun looking for him!
  • Yippee! Good for you!
  • Quote: Today was the first day that I didn't want to cry. I am healing quickly. I hope that's a good thing. I just don't want to be sad and miserable. No man is worth your happiness. EVER!!! I'm going to make my life what I want it to be and use this experience to learn more about who I am and what I want from life. The right guy will come along. And if not? It will be fun looking for him!
    I am so glad that you are doing better! It is a great thing that you are feeling better!!! You totally deserve this.