Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of October 27 - November 2

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • cfmama and Mj5 - yes, practice, I have some time tonight and a few programs to get my speed a bit faster!!

Mj- sorry to hear of your disappointment. That sucks

Okay, off again...gotta get groceries, get the house clean and ready for halloween party tomorrow for the kids, practice the typing AND try to fit in the gym.

Cheers! Ginger
  • Good Morning! I took pain meds for my knee last night and finally got a good nights sleep! Not fond of resorting to meds, but I needed to sleep!

Beverlyjoy--Nope, you are not allowed to run away!!! We'll find you....Yes, you CAN get through this. We are here to support you. You have supported each and every one of us, not it's our turn. Have a fantastic trip. I can't wait to hear all about it! Take care of that foot!

Ginger--Let us know how it goes today!

Rhonda--Thinking of you today!

Lyn--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else...I need to get ready for work, I'll get caught up w/ p's later.

Work is super hectic and I am letting it get in the way of my workouts. I MUST stop this pattern!!! I know I have to make the time for me and I WILL do it! I also know that the only way for me to consistently lose weight is to keep my eating in check (doing ok w/ that) AND to exercise--need to get back on track there!
  • Beverlyjoy It's important to stay in this supportive environment so that you are when things get better (and they will) it will be easier to get back on track.

Ginger - good luck!

mj5 - bummer about the trip, but the shopping sounds fun!

Kayla - yay for 2 good days!

My trip to the dentist went went. Had a cleaning and was told my inflamed gum was likely just a cold sore, not something caused by the tooth. I did schedule to go back next Thursday and have the small cavities in all 4 of my wisdom teeth filled. I was supposed to do it a year ago and of course they are bigger now. So I can do it now and save them or wait and have them pulled. Since I dread general anasthesia I'm having them filled!

Food went well except it was so late and I was so tired by the time the meatloaf cooked that neither DH or I ate supper. I had 2 servings of my chocolate ricotta creme and he had 2 SF puddings and we went to bed.

I ended up working until 8 and I did not do my errands after or exercise. I woke up this am with a sore throat which tells me I am not getting enough rest. I am going to have to put my foot down and get some sleep tonight.

Today's plan:

B: peach Fage yogurt
    S: RF string cheese and apple
    L: meatloaf and green beans
    S: RF string cheese and almonds
    D: meatloaf and green beans
    S: chocolate ricotta creme with whipped cream

Water - I have to make time for it. I got about 1/2 in yesterday...grr. I can feel it, my skin is dryer and my legs and ankles are swelling.
    Exercise - I am waiting to see where this sore throat goes, I may just come home and sleep,

Happy Thursday all!
  • HI chicks....

We are about to leave - so I just want to say thanks to you all for your support.

I'll have fun with my GS...I know it will cheer me up and I'll be careful of my foot.

Happy Halloween!

Love....Beverlyjoy
  • Good morning, all!

Beverly - have a safe trip!

Ginger - GL on the typing test. Just remember to take a DEEP breath & try to relax

Jen - Hope the fillings go smoothly next week (I hate the dentist!) I hope you can get some rest tonight!

My plan for today:

Breakfast - apple, WW yogurt
    Lunch - Healthy Choice frozen dinner, sugar-free pudding, pear
    Snack - 100 calorie popcorn
    Supper - once again the tuna & noodles got sidetracked (we just had leftovers), so going to make them tonight with steamed green beans
    Snack - Apple, cereal bar

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • Beverly - we'll miss you!!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. It means a lot. Last night I was stressed out completely. I totally binged and I really regret it because I feel so crappy this morning. I totally self-destructed. I actually felt ill while eating and still ate more.

I'm hoping for better today.

Ginger
  • Hi again,

Life is busy over here but I am hanging in there. EVery time I go to post, the phone rings!

The trip to the hospital with my daughter went okay (did I say that already?!?) but we have to go back in December. Husband is gone again but might come back for the holidays.

I have been eating pretty healthy all day and then sort of flipping out in the evening and eating cheese or bread. Trying to knock that off since it is stalling my weight loss.

Oh I got some cool news. Quaker Oats invited me and 14 other health bloggers to their headquarters for a 3-day weekend, all expenses paid. I get to talk to a nutritionist, a cardiologist and a chef and learn "all about oats." Heh. I eat them every day in the winter so this will be fun. (If you think of anything you want me to ask the dietician, let me know and I will ask for you!)

I wish this weight would come off faster, but this stuff takes time, right?
  • I slept 12 hours last night other than getting up to pee. I think I had a fever at one point but it's gone this morning. Wicked swollen glands in my neck (my double chin is growing again!) and wicked sore throat. I didn't eat supper again last night. I've lost 4 pounds since Sunday but I won't make it "official" til this Sunday's weigh in as when I can eat again some of it may come back.

Today's plan:
    I have to work til 1, I'm forcing a strawberry Fage yogurt down now
    When I get home I'm taking a nap (I don't think I'll ever get those errands done)
    I'll try to eat meatloaf and green beans before I go out Halloweening with my boy (he's "too old" for trick or treating but we're going to a couple of haunted houses and parties and go see a couple of cool displays.
    Then I have to go back to work to do month end before I come home and crawl into bed.
    I'm supposed to meet DH's aunt at 8am Saturday to go shopping but I think I'm going to have to take a pass on that. My body needs sleep, lots of it!
    I'll work the water in where I can but oh it hurts to swallow!
    Hoping everyone has a Happy Healthy Fun Day!
  • Good morning, everyone!

Ginger - I think we've all been there - I hope today is a better day for you.

Lyn - that is cool about the Quaker Oats thing!!!

Jen - Ugh, hope you are feeling a better soon!!

My plan for today:

Breakfast - apple, yogurt
    Snack - turkey pepperoni
    Lunch - Healthy Choice dinner, sugar-free pudding, fiber one bar
    Snack - pear
    Supper - ??? I don't know, but I need to think of something. DH is stopping to get a take & bake pizza for himself & the kids & even though he is going to get the thin crust that I could technically eat & still be within my points range for the day, pizza is a "trigger" food for me. I've been doing so good, I don't know if I want to go down that road....

The weekends are SUCH a hard time for me I haven't had an "on" weekend in MONTHS. I really, really want this weekend to be successful. I know I need to just take it one day at a time... ****, one minute at a time!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Hi everyone! I am having the hardest time focusing on work today!!! It is GORGEOUS today...warm and sunny, hard to believe it snowed two days ago!!!!

Lyn--GREAT news about the appt!!! That is VERY cool about the Quaker Oats thing! How fun!!!!!

jeniansmom--How are you feeling?

clydiecat--Good for you for opting not to have pizza tonight.

Ginger--How was the typing test?

I am really looking forward to going shopping tomorrow. We are going to meet for breakfast first, then shop til we drop! I hope we find lots of good bargains and ideas for Christmas presents!!!!

Ok, I need to finish up some things (or at least try to!)

Have a great OP afternoon/evening!
  • Happy Halloween guys!! Are you staying out of the candy?

So far so good for me. Eating healthy and have not opened the candy I bought for the trick-or-treaters tonight. Last year I was so proud because I did not have ONE piece of candy and I want to do it again this time!

Tomorrow is a new month, hope it's a good one for all of you
  • Stayed on plan now for 35 days!!!! Tonight I worked 2 mini choc bars and a bag of BBQ chips into my calories... they were not worth it I have to say. Good to know these things.

Plan for tomorrow:
    B- yogurt and banana
    s- 2 wasa with cm cheese and apple
    L- can italian wedding soup, 1 sliced sprouted grain bread, 1/2 T butter
    s- kiwi fruit and hard boiled egg
    D- 3/4 cup ww pasta, 1 cup homemade meat and veggie sauce, 1 cup brocolli/cauliflower
    s- 100 cal bag smart popcorn, applesauce cup
  • Hi everyone! I am about to get ready to go shopping!!! Can't wait! I didn't do so great yesterday, I didn't eat much for lunch (wasn't hungry), so when I opened the candy for the trick or treaters, I ate more than my planned "two pieces". I didn't go totally overboard, but I certainly felt icky last night!!!

That's why I wanted to pop in here first this am....we are starting our day by going out to breakfast--I wanted to get inspired so I make sure I make good choices! We will be doing lots of walking--it's a "strip" outlet mall, so LOTS of walking.

Have a great OP day! I KNOW I will be!!!!!! Back on track for me today. No more messing around!
  • I have a new plan.

I gained 3 lbs in October (actually I gained 6 and lost 3). I am ANNOYED. I need somethin new and interesting to keep myself focused so I am playing around with the idea of having a calorie total for the MONTH and sticking to it. Although, uh, it could end up with me not having calories for the last week of the month, which wouldnt work out so well. But maybe I will try it. That and actually exercising instead of just thinking about it.
  • I had a good day today. I was starving. So hungry all day even with lots of mini meals, protein, fiber, tea, water. I ate 1800 calories. My stomach is still growling!! Hopefully tomorrow will be easier!