Old 10-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Taking up space... In the thread. *wink*

I posted this as a response to another thread and realized it would make a good first post to this thread.

---
The last time I lost a lot of weight I was just under 200 lbs, and in a size 16. I was this size when I met my husband, but moving home (I lived out of state) and getting married fixed that problem. *eyeroll* I want to be around 160 12-14 in size.

I just measured my wrist. 7.25. I don't have plump wrists either. At the most it will shrink to 7 when I lose weight. Bracelets have always been a problem for me, regardless of the weight. Shirts too. Very broad shoulders. Woulda made a heck of a linebacker.

I need to check the BMI again. I don't remember what it said I should be... *muzak-please hold*... Okay. One calculator says 151 for weight, another says 145 so ... 143-153 would be a good final weight for me, knowing my body shape and size. (I actually think this target goal would make me a good size 12) I remember (vaguely *snort*) being 140 in high school and probably could go beyond that, but I'm not going to push it right now. I can always reevaluate that step when it gets here.

~Diana
Diana Castilleja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I never really considered my wrists bulky, either, but when I first started dieting they were about 8.25", and now they're 6.5", after losing only 35 pounds. Are you sure your wrists won't get any smaller?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #3  

Nope. I've never been able to wear anything less than a 7.00 inch bracelet. Watch bands have also been a problem. I need the lengthier straps. Average lengths aren't long enough.

I know they say the skeleton is basically the same stock size and weight for everybody. (Taking in size and genetics etc.) I'm sure on the average person it's true, and I'm not saying this to sound special, but I am a broad broad. Before I was pregnant, my shoulders were a tad bit wider than my hips and that's being kind.

My biggest thing right now is just to get rid of the stomach I have. If I can put a dent in that, the rest will want to go with it.That's my hope anyway.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

At the beginning of my weight loss journey I had size 7.5" wrists with broad shoulder to match. Although my wrists with the weight loss have gone to 6.25" my shoulders are still broad. So I have resigned myself I am broad shouldered and that is not going to change no matter what weight I decide to settle at.

I never really thought about my wrists and how they had shrunk until you brought up this thread. I knew they had shrunk as my bracelets are all loose but the penny just had not dropped until now. So that is another NSV for me to say I have achieved.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I didn't think my wrists were bulky either, although I figured I had some extra size there. I have so far gone from 6.625 to 6.375, with just a touch under 50# lost.

I definitely agree with not worrying too much about what your goal weight is. You really do have to wait and see where you land. I picked 130 because I maintained it before without undue effort, but that was 10 years ago, so I'm not counting on it now. Someone asked yesterday how much I still wanted to lose, and I automatically said 20#, because that is what is left to reach 130. It felt like too much saying it out loud, but I don't see my body being at it's healthy weight at 140 either. So, it's wait and see .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #6  

I saw it mentioned on another thread but breezed over it and can't find it now. What/where can I do the food journal? Something... The Dinner Plate? Is that right?

I don't have any food calorie count books either. I have a couple of scales that I can use. Where would I found the calorie content on the board?

TIA

~Diana

Last edited by Diana Castilleja; 10-25-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: NM. Found what I was looking for.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

www.fitday.com

or

www.thedailyplate.com
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #8  

Okay, I've hit all I can for the moment. I commited to a blog, started a Daily Plate (figured out I couldn't add more because I needed to log out and log back in, but I can add stuff now). Everything I've had today is on there.

I've added all my food and the excersize I plan on today or have already done. It's not much. I'm really considering doing the 3DayMelt in addition to this, but... *deep breath* one day at a time. I'm not partial to DVD workouts at all.

We're going to the city Halloween fair for the boy so dinner is a lost affair already. Monday's have usually been my weigh days with Thursdays being the mid-week check-not as important, but making sure I don't gain in excess in between checks.

One step at a time.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Quote:
dinner is a lost affair already
Not necessarily. I know it can be difficult in challenging situations. You can make wise choices. Be positive!!!

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Castilleja View Post
We're going to the city Halloween fair for the boy so dinner is a lost affair already.
I agree, no reason for dinner to be a lost affair. Your goal doesn't have to be perfection. Just decide you're going to do one thing better - half the candy you would usually have, instead of expecting to have none, or iced tea instead of soda, or whatever you like. Just make it *better* not perfect.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #11  

Well, I broke down and had a caramel - something I haven't eaten in years because we stood in line for the haunted house for two hours. It scared the bejeebus out of the boy though. Poor thing. The haunted house, not me eating the caramel.

We did do burgers after but I did what I usually do and got the junior meal. I rarely buy the full size unless I've got all day or most the night to work it off.

I haven't done too bad calorie wise today, for a first day, so I'm not beating myself up. I've tracked everything up to tonight. Tomorrow will be a clean slate and Monday I think I'll have the groove in place.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #12  

Today was my official weigh in. I've been keeping tabs over the weekend, tracking what I eat, water intake, all the little things that I do for exercise...

I'm down two pounds from my start weight.

I'm going to see how far it is it from my house to the post office. I know it's a mile (rt 2m) to the school, so I'm anticipating a mile and a half (rt 3m+) to post office because I have to cut through subdivisions to get there.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Great job on the WL!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #14  

Mid week weigh in: Another two pounds. Four since Saturday.

I did the distance to the Post Office. It's a hair over a mile, just serpentined through two subdivisions to get there.

I've been very careful about what I eat and marking it on my Plate. My next official weigh will be on Monday. We'll see how it looks from there.