Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Very Rude--Im hurt from it

I work at a college. I was waiting for the elevator to go down one floor after going upstairs to get soemthing to drink. Well when the elevator opened up for me, there was a group of students in there along with another staff person. Well I went ahead and got on the elevator cause I figure it is worse to say "I''ll wait for the next one" and then stand there looking dumb.

so I get on the elevator and some guy (mind you he was standing there with a group of other students) starting making this noise, a muffled noise that figuratively said "she is gonna make the elevator fall"...The tension was very thick after he started the noise, so much that another student said "what is that?", like he was trying to make me feel better by implying the other guys noise was stupid......I got off the elevator and couldnt get back to my office fast enough. I wanted to slam the door behind me but what good would that do?

I know what the noise was for.....and there is nothing I can do about it now, but I just had to share it with some people who would understand how I felt afterward.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #2  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Im sorry this happened to you. I know its easy to say just dont let it get to you. Really though the guys are young and immature. You prolly will never see him again and if you do im sure you will be a fre lbs lighter. They are just ignorant and insecure and have to make other people feel bad so they can feel better about themselves.

Oh and way to go on being the bigger person and not ripping him a new one cause i know i prolly would have.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I'm sorry that happened to you. I know those things are tough.. and whenever they happen to me I try to pretend it doesn't bother me, even when it does.

People are stupid and ignorant. Just be happy that you weren't raised to be so imcompetant!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I'm sooo sorry That is ridiculous!

They have personal issues that make them say hurtful things to others, to make theirselves feel better. Don't let it get you down girl! You know you are beautiful inside and out!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #5  

**** 'im -_-;; Yah, that was rude. I'm sorry that happened, its complete b.s. and is totally ridiculous. Don't let it stop your efforts in being healthier, youve worked way too hard for yourself and taking care of yourself to put any thought in what some childish person said/did.

We're here for you~!!!!!!! *hugs*

(hmm... I'm going to have to learn how to draw all those cute pics that everyone else puts in their messages!)
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I know it hurts, but it really reflects more on the person making the comments than it does you.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #7  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

That was just youthful ignorance. They obviously have never had a real issue that they had to battle all on their own and therefore cannot understand anyone elses struggles in life. Karma will get to them....

I know that doesn't help much...but hang in there. You know that you are doing what you need to do to win this personal battle. You are far more important in this struggle than they are...and I'm sure you have said worse things to yourself and you got past it...so You can get past this also!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Yikes, what a jerk!!! I'm sorry this happened to you. I bet the other people in the elevator were thinking he was a total jerk too. Hold you head high and keep on taking care of yourself. Don't let idiots like that get you down. I've had similar experiences and it really hurts. Try not to dwell on it though, cuz then he's accomplished what he wanted to.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

This might not help but ... kudos to the guy that basically said "How stupid" when he said what is that noise.... It just lets you know that the foolish people are the small percentage (the minority). Let's not let them rule how we feel about themsleves. What is sad is that these people point out what they feel are our faults to better themselves. In reality, he might be flunking out of school or having even bigger problems. You were his relief for the day. Doesnt make you feel better. But just consider the source. Have a great day and you are doing so well!!

Hope that made sense...back to work I go~
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 276/244/160

Height: 5'7

sorry this happend to you. Just think hes probably such a jerk he wont be getting any tonight from any woman lol
downtomygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

I've been on the receiving end of those comments, too. I'm sorry you had to go through that. As hard as it is, try not to dwell on it. *hugs*

Last edited by ClydieCat; 10-23-2008 at 05:14 PM.
ClydieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #13  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Thanks everybody. it helps to hear from others who understand.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I'd like to say I would turn around and just look him in the eye, but it's different when it's real and you're caught off guard. Blow it off, and make yourself a list, in writing, of 5 reasons you're a valuable and special person. Weight is just weight, it's not a measure of your worth.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #15  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Sending you a virtual hug
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote