Old 10-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #31  
BlockHead =)

Beverlyjoy - do mind me asking what's going on with your foot?

TOM finally started yesterday which I used as an excuse to eat a bit more than I had planned, but it was all within my eating plan and I didn't binge. I think I knew I would wake up not hungry this am so I was getting in the food while I was haha.

Today's plan
B: Strawberry 2% Fage yogurt b/c even though I'm not hungry I know I need to eat breakfast
S: Cheese stick and grapes if I can force them down
L: Leftover chili and cheese
S: Almonds
D: Leftover pot roast and veggies from last night (DH said there wasn't enough chili so I made pot roast with roasted carrots with brussel sprouts and cauliflower on the side)
S: chocolate ricotta cream with whipped cream
And I WILL get all my water in today - don't know what was up with that yesterday, I only managed about 2/3 my daily quota.
It should be interesting doing Day 3 of Week 1 on couch 2 5K tonight. I didn't do any exercise yesterday (TOM is SUCH a convenient excuse for so many things). I am feeling really drained and tired today, so I will be gentle with myself and do as much as I can.

Happy Friday everyone!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks...yesterday was not real good. Once again I dealt with pain and frustration using food. I was ready to continue with my feeding frenzy when I remembered a helpful thread from September that I had bookmarked. It has helped me to refocus for now. And, I am grateful.

Today:

office work
dinner out with out cousin's tonight at a Mexican Restaurant

log food
ice/heat
stretches
meditation - guided imagery
PMA
lots of water

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - Weight Watcher Zero Point Garden Veggie soup - I am adding a 1/2 cup garbonzo beans to my portions, garlic toast
snack - cheese toast, strawberries
dinner out - Mexican - grilled chicken on a tossed salad (I checked the website)
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, cinn., fruit, milk

Mj - Thanks for your support. Don’t ever feel uncomfortable at the gym.....you are awesome!! You’ve made great strides. I think that even the cute guys respect anyone trying to better themselves with exercise. Sorry about your knee. Let us know about your new recipe.

Peachinabrownbag - Welcome!! I am so glad that you posted. Your plan looks good and tasty and healthful.

Cfmama - you are doing great. 27 pounds lots is fantastic. So glad you worked thru the cravings.

Jeniasmom - I injured my foot a couple of years ago and now have chronic problem that comes and goes in my posterior tibial tendon. The surgery is not always effective and keeps one ‘grounded’ 4-6 monthes. (I’ve seen 4 doctors about it) So I am not anxious to do it. I am thinking that I might have to at some point. I guess I am not ready to give in to it. You have a good plan! Yes, be kind to yourself during TOM - I remember when.... Now, I am past TOM and deal with my “own personal summer”!

Shout out to lyn, Rhonda, yoga, schmoodle, ginger and anyone I may have left out. Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #33  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! I was able to get some errands out of the way this am, so that was one benefit of being up so early!

Beverlyjoy--I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling. Good to hear that you remembered a thread that was helpful. Have fune at dinner tonight. Awww, thanks. It's silly, I know, that after all this time I still get self-conscious from time to time--the good news is, I don't let it stop me anymore!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #34  
Just Starting Out

S/C/G: 303.4/252.6/175

Height: 5'5"

mj - we are in the same boat. I woke up with an aching knee two days ago. My DH and I have started going to the gym together and I think it was the elliptical that did me in. Oddly enough, people say it's better for your knees than the treadmill. Anyway, I woke up with my litte fat girl knee throbbing away. It will get better (I hope!). I took a couple of days to let the throbbing go away and now I am ready to go back, so we'll go to the gym tonight.

beverlyjoy - thanks for the warm welcome, your stats are inspiring, girl!
peachinabrownbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #35  
mj5

peachinabrownbag--I totally hear you about the elliptical!!! It really kicks my butt!!! I actually have to have knee surgery, but it is going to be a while (waiting for workers comp and my ins co to fight it out over paying/not paying). I'm stuck in a catch-22...it's important to work out and keep the muscles strong, but it can hurt to work out. Sometimes I just have to push through it. I hope your knee feels better! I try to do a few mins on the elliptical, alternate some time on the treadmill, but I do most of my cardio on the recombinant bike--that was a recommendation from my physical therapist a long time ago. What's your plan for the gym tonight?

Almost time to go home! YIPPEE!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #36  
Just Starting Out

mj - I am going to do 20 minutes on the treadmill, which is about as much as I can manage right now. Hopefully, I will get stronger and build stamina sooner rather than later. I feel pretty out of my element with it all right now.

I am hoping that I don't need need surgery, that my future weight loss will help in that area, but it bothers me a lot from time to time.

I'll use your tenacity as my inspiration!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies,

I have been on hiatus from the gym since wednesday night. I even took a nap today while the kids were in preschool. --oddly enough it's my fat girl knees too peachinabrownbag and I think it was from doing the elliptical and squats.

Hang in there mj and peaches (can I call you that?...you name is sooo long!!) with the knee stuff

I think I am ready for the gym tomorrow. Today it's feeling good. I've been going to the gym for 6 weeks now, and I've heard from others that it's good to take a small break. So that's where I am at.

Okay, off to kids gymnastics. cheers!

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #38  
Just Starting Out

Ginger - you can call me peaches or peach, everybody does! I commend you for taking you time away from the gym. I think that it's when we have that all-or-nothing mentality that we set ourselves for failure. You can rock the gym tomorrow!

Last edited by peachinabrownbag; 10-24-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:18 AM   #39  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello everyone! I hope that all have a WONDERFUL on plan weekend

It's grocery shopping day tomorrow and I have my list (like usual) and my menu plan (always) and I shall have a good filling breakfast before I go

Menu October 25

B- 1 pack organic maple and brown sugar oatmeal, yogurt and one hard boiled egg
s- banana and a Muesli wasa
L- large organic field greens salad with tomato, cukes, red onion, 2/3 cup fake crab, 1/4 cup peanuts and 2 T roasted red pepper and parm dressing (omg so freaking good)
s- kiwi fruit and cheese
D- 1.5 chicken dogs on 1.5 whole wheat buns, 2 cups caesar salad with 1T dressing, 15 croutons and 1T parm cheese
s- 100 cal smartpopcorn and applesauce cup
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #40  
BlockHead =)

Weekend. hmm. TOM. hmm. Plan? hmm. The weekends tend to be my downfall with planning. Even last night - DH and I were up til 2am working on someone's pc and just having some us time. I wasn't hungry at the right times of the day yesterday, cramps and headache, but by midnight we were both snacky. What I ate was w/in my eating plan as in the types and ratio of food, but it was definitely unplanned eating. So I will have to think about a doable plan for today.

Last edited by jeniansmom; 10-25-2008 at 08:18 AM.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #41  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone,

I went to the gym last night after a hiatus and guess what? Today I have major heel pain....looked it up online and I'm pretty sure it's Plantar Fasciitis. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, a common reason for getting it is overuse (definitely) and poor support from shoes. Women and obesity are also more common risk factors. Gosh, I guess I should have known.

I've been kicking around getting new running shoes (my current ones are in a desperate state - several years old with holes in them). But of course, financially I could not justify it. Now physically, I am paying for it. I'm mad!!

Okay, so also, I GOT THE JOB INTERVIEW!

It's wednesday morning at 9am. I'm so excited.

So I'm icing my foot and trying to find ways to work out, around my injury.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #42  
NEVER EVER going back

Good luck on your interview ginger!!!!

I survived yet another birthday party. Cake, fruit and dip, pretzels... I didn't have any. I brought along my snack (kiwi fruit and cheese and MAN are the kiwi's good right now!) and my mint water (mint tea bag steeped in my bottle of cold water) and I was good. Not even a single craving. I really must be doing something right.

I'll be back later with tomorrows menu plan
Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #43  
NEVER EVER going back

Menu for october 26- DAY 30 ON PLAN!!!!!!!!!!

B- 1 slice sprouted grain toast, 1 T almond butter, 1 large banana
s- yogurt and one muesli wasa
L- can Italian wedding soup and 1 kiwi
s- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 sesame wasa and 4 baby dill pickles
D- quesadilla's- 1 whole wheat tortilla (large) 1 cup baked chicken, 1 serving shredded cheese, 1/4 cup red pepper, 3 T green chilies, 2 T salsa, 2 T sour cream
s- 100 cal smart popcorn and pomegranate fruit cup
Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - Mom is coming over for supper tonight. It will be nice.

I've been kind of grazing that past couple of day. Not good. As they say - when you fall off of a horse - get right back on. I will head in that direction today.

breakfast - egg white scramble
lunch - turkey and lite cheese open face, zero point veggie soup with parm
snack - cottage cheese, 1/2 banana

Cfmama - you are doing great. Carry on!

Ginger - take care of those feet! Congrats on the interview.

jeniasmom - try and push thru for a healthy day. You CAN do this!

peach - I totally understand and can relate to the 'all or nothing' approach. Still, after a year, and good success - I fall back into that old habit. Hope you are having a GREAT day.

Hope everyone has on ON PLAN Sunday.

Shout out to Lyn, Mj, Schmoodle, Rhonda, yoga and everyone else!

dinner - pork chop, salad, brown rice
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #45  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I am really mad at myself today. I did a lot of little things around the house yesterday, nothing major, but my knee is hugely swollen and very painful today. UGH!!!!! So, today, I will rest it, elevate, ice--the usual. I hate to resort to pain meds, but I may have to.

peaches--You will absolutely build up more stamina. 20 mins is great. You will get the hang of it. I didn't get into lifting free weights until my younger brother went w/ me and showed me a routine. He has lifted weights for years and offered to show me. I was TOTALLY self conscious about using free weights until he showed me--I didn't want to hurt myself and I didn't want to look like a big dork either. Now, except for the occasional bout of being self-conscious in front of all the 'muscle guys', I love lifting free weights. I hope you don't need surgery either.

ginger--Good for you for taking a break from the gym. I agree, it is important to take a small break from time to time. CONGRATULATIONS on getting the job interview! I just knew you would! Good luck, although I am sure you won't need luck! They will be lucky to have you!! Oh no...an injury....yes, good shoes are super important. I know financially justifying it is hard, but in the long run it is well worth it. Are there any second hand shops or anything like that near you that might have some running shoes that are at least in better shape that yours? What about e-bay? You will get through this, take care of yourself!!!

cfmama--Great plan for the grocery store! Congrats on getting through another party! I need to 'get strong' again...w/ the holidays creeping up on us, I need to be in a good frame of mind, otherwise I lapse back into old (bad) eating habits. 30 days op is fantastic! Are you rewarding yourself, other than the obvious, being healthier, of course!

jeniansmom--Good for you for planning ahead for today.

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for getting right back on track today.

Schmoodle and Rhonda--How are you doing?

So tomorrow is my drs appt to find out which surgery (for the cysts and endo) I will be having. The appt isn't until 5:30pm, so it could be a looooooong day!!! Dh is going w/ me, in case we have to make any decisions or whatever and so he can hear the same info I hear. I am REALLY hoping for the laparoscopic version, but we'll see what he says.

Regardless of which version, I have decided I really need to start holiday shopping. Yesterday I really didn't do that much and I am paying for it today. Obviously not every day will be like that, but I guess I need to realize that I am not going to be able to "power shop" this year (that makes me sad!!!), so I am going to have to spread out my shopping. I will do some internet shopping, too.

Ok, I really need to get some breakfast. Have a great On Plan day everyone!!!