It's my one year anniversary at 3fc.

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • It was one year ago this week that I found 3fc. Never in my life of 'trying again' did I think I'd have gotten this far in my journey. I want to thank you all for helping me, holding my hand, inspiring me and often giving me the courage to push forward.

Life is better since then. It feels better to be lighter - physically, mentally and even spiritually.

What is different for me now - well. The main difference is that if (and when) I overeat, I forgive myself and carry on. Life happens, food happens and I try to move forward. It's an amazing concept for me. This is the longest time in my whole life I've had this much sanity with food.

Another thing that's different is that I don't 'run away' from here when I am struggling. That's my usual MO. I've been willing to ask for help, admit my struggles, and so often gotten the encouragement, help or ideas from you all that has helped me to 'dig deep' within myself to push ahead and keep going.

I've committed to myself to write down my food, plan (although it sometimes changes) and do daily meditation or guided imagery. I think the main thing that has helped me is the meditation and guided imagery.

I couldn't let this milestone week go by without saying thank you to you all for helping me to change my life for the better. Of course, I never know what tomorrow will bring. It's a good thing I only have to concentrate on today. But, the main difference is that I have hope that I will carry on.

You folks are terrific. Thanks again.
  • Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on such accomplishment.
  • That was wonderful to read this morning. I'm so happy for you!
  • Congrats
  • Congrats on your milestone & on the progress you have made so far.
    Thanks for sharing your accomplishments and your struggles, it really helps.
    This is such a fantastic site. I've read a lot of your posts Beverlyjoy and you have definitely been an inspiration to me! Keep going!
    Tammy
  • Happy Anniversary, Beverly! I'd like to tell you that you have been a great source of inspiration and encouragement to me. I love signing on here and "seeing" your lovely face each day. Thank you.
  • Happy Anniversary! You have done AMAZING. Congrats Beverly.
  • Congratulations you are doing great!
  • Congratulations on 1 year, and that you for sharing - it inspires the rest of us!
  • yay! good for you! What an excellent journey it's been so far!

• While this site is great for support, never underestimate the power of you, and the inner resolve that you have to take part in this journey!
  • Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I know that you have inspired me many, many times. Here's to many more great years!
  • on your one year anniversary with 3fc Beverlyjoy you have achieved so much during that time and just about knocking on the door of your next mini goal.

Keep up the excellent work.
  • Congratulations!
  • Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary!!!

***Congratulations on your success***

You are an inspiration for me!